Getting Older: You like it or no?

just turned 26 a few weeks ago. Sad thing is that I keep thinking I'm still 25 y/o
smh.gif

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

I'm gonna be 22 in a few months.
frown.gif
I was looking forward to being 21 for obvious reasons, but now there's nothing for me to look forward to. Every year comes with new responsibilities I don't wanna deal with.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I just want to be in high school having fun again.
frown.gif

that's how I feel. After turning 21/graduating college "fun" is going to diminish pretty quickly because of a lot more responsibilities

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

...just wait for the 25-30 yrs kiddies

Do you mean it as in good or bad, Dirty? Cause they were rough for me financially. It's really smoothing out for me, and I feel like the stars arealigning up to me as I get older.

meaning the changes from 25-30 far outpace the changes from 20-25
If only this wasn't true. !$%% sucks balls, especially when you feel like you have nothing to show for it.

I seriously hate it ... not to be on some peter pan stuff but because I spent the last two years just to get my feet on the ground ...... immigration issuesFTL ..... now most of my goals are behind schedule ..... making it feel like an hr glass is constantly hitting me upside the head .. but on the other hand someother things came through quite a bit quicker, right out of the blue .... now i'm more confused than ever hoping to be 21 for a couple more yrs

meaning the changes from 25-30 far outpace the changes from 20-25
I'm smiling while I typing this. My GOD, do you change. At 24, I felt like Mr. Knowitall. I was so hardheaded, and I needed to feel it tobelieve it.
I think that's why so many people break up around that age. I saw all my friends that had their high school love, break apart then. People change hard. Doyou feel young, Dirty? I was scared about those midlife crisis popping up out of nowhere. I'm super grateful right now. But I heard 31-33 is bad luck foralot of young men, especially in my tradition. I don't believe in it, but I'm cautious. I saw my dad's friend that I consider uncles die fromdrugs,alcohol, and ego.

well....I'm in the 30-35 category at the moment...but sometimes I feel old...sometimes I feel young.

I definitely don't FEEL like a kid anymore...but I don't feel like a true adult yet...not in the sense that in the way that I see my parents as theadult archetype
hard to explain.

I feel old with respect to the younger generation.
but I don't feel old with respect to life and the road not yet taken though

Oh, and one thing that I love about getting older is you get to see your friends and yourself reenact all those things your parents did for you. Like cookingfor the nieces and nephews, laughing about grown up stuff and having the kids ask you what does it mean, and in all taking the driver seat.

well....I'm in the 30-35 category at the moment...but sometimes I feel old...sometimes I feel young.

I definitely don't FEEL like a kid anymore...but I don't feel like a true adult yet...not in the sense that in the way that I see my parents as the adult archetype
hard to explain.

I'm in that category too, but I feel what you're saying. I feel young, but when the responsibilities come to me, I feel old
laugh.gif
. I don't feel like a true adult because I don't have kids yet. It'sall nieces and nephews for me that I'll babysit with some help for awhile. I don't know if you have kids or not, maybe that's why you don'tfeel like a true adult yet. Do your parents keep telling you war stories about their upbringing? For me, I'll never feel like I went through somethinggangsta as my parents. That's why I don't feel like a full adult because, my trials and tribulations are nothing compare to my parents, and it hits methrough a regular day. And I realize, WOW! Mini epiphanies, you can call it.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by Kakashi

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by anabolic dunk

After 21, its all pretty much downhill.. Wat else is there to look forward to after?

being a mom and having a familyn
pimp.gif

not immediately but i'm enjoying it...cant wait till after graduation so i can get started on my life...so much i wanna do and school is holding me back...
yeah i know a couple a chicks in adult education...so after your g.e.d. you're gonna start a family?
pimp.gif

youre feelin some type of way cuz my parents make more than yours...it aint that serious homie
laugh.gif
i forgot your dad is president of blackberry, yet you can't even produce a camera phone pic or vid of you

establishing you're a female.
indifferent.gif
...it's all good though
laugh.gif

I'm struggling with it. I'm 21, but I constantly look forward to the next stage in life so much that I can't appreciate where I'm at... Most ofmy anticipation was false or foolish to assume as well.

In middle school, all I wanted to do was get to high school, play varsity sports and get girls.

In high school, all I wanted to do was get to college, make a million friends, smash girls and go to crazy parties.

In college, now all I want to do is graduate, move away, get a job, make some money and find the girl of my dreams.

I've cursed myself, probably because I just think too damn much. I'm never happy with where I'm at. I need to "stop and smell the roses"
nerd.gif

One thing that I think is a huge step into the real world and growing up is moving from the dorms to an apartment/house. Bills, dealing with landlords, andgeneral maintenance of my place is really making me feel "grown-up". It all sucks, too.

Originally Posted by NationalTruckerDave

Originally Posted by LonelyBoySole

I wish i could be in High School again.. i miss it so much
frown.gif
me too
frown.gif

Man your not kidding.I would give anything to be back in HS...I sometimes wish they would have a reunion and have every student who graduated with me to comeback for 1 day using their Senior yr schedule
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PraVokal

frown.gif
me too
frown.gif

Man your not kidding.I would give anything to be back in HS...I sometimes wish they would have a reunion and have every student who graduated with me to come back for 1 day using their Senior yr schedule
pimp.gif
eek.gif

I've often wondered, what would it be like if EVERYONE from my graduating class was forced to spend with each other in a classroom setting again, just like2003-2007? I really think fights would break out and/or everyone would be drunk/high.

Originally Posted by bobbytripledigits

I'm turning 30 next year. I can not wait. The 20s were good, but awkward. Sure you're young, living it up, single. But you're still in school, finding your place in the world, figuring out jobs and your career, permanent residence, girlfriends/wives, everything's in flux. The 30s, everything's pretty much stabilized, you know who your friends are, what you want to do with your life, where you live and most importantly, you finally have some $ in your pockets to make your own decisions. Still young, but old enough to get the respect. It only gets better my friends.

You make me wish I wasn't 23 anymore haha

Originally Posted by sonunox34

Originally Posted by PraVokal

frown.gif
me too
frown.gif

Man your not kidding.I would give anything to be back in HS...I sometimes wish they would have a reunion and have every student who graduated with me to come back for 1 day using their Senior yr schedule
pimp.gif
eek.gif

I've often wondered, what would it be like if EVERYONE from my graduating class was forced to spend with each other in a classroom setting again, just like 2003-2007? I really think fights would break out and/or everyone would be drunk/high.

Maaaaaaan 2004-2008
Wat if the Board of Education said that the grade system got messed up,and they said everyones grades where incorrect and they didnt know who failed andpassed.So everyone had to spend a week back in HS.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I promise I'd be tryna smash allll the chicks I didnt get to smash lmao...I know half the folks I know would be super high and the chicks will be lookingood as ever

I love getting older. Quite a few people are scared of aging, I take it with a grain of salt. It feels like just yesterday I was in highschool, thinking thateverything revolved around me, females that were in my life would always be, same with friends. I am thankful for every person in my life, negative, positive,and even the insignificant. They made me who I am collectively. The wisdom I have gained recently is unparalleled by another period of my life. The growth Ihave experienced in the past few years is far greater than the first 18 years in this wonderful thing called life. The more I grow, the more I get to interactwith people I never thought I would, make friends I never saw coming, and although bittersweet: lose friends I thought I would always have. In my short 21years it is not what I have gained, but what I have lost that has made me the individual I am.

I am no mastermind, but if anyone actually reads this diatribe I can offer some advice to those listening. Live everyday as if it is your first, not your last.Keep the people in your life that make you smile, you have no idea how valuable they are. When you find someone you actually love, don't give up, love isnever easy. And last but not least, never lose site of your goals, of course your goals will change, you attempting to achieve them should not.

-Kix

Originally Posted by FromThaTown

I definitely don't FEEL like a kid anymore...but I don't feel like a true adult yet...not in the sense that in the way that I see my parents as the adult archetype
hard to explain.

I'm in that category too, but I feel what you're saying. I feel young, but when the responsibilities come to me, I feel old
laugh.gif
. I don't feel like a true adult because I don't have kids yet. It's all nieces and nephews for me that I'll babysit with some help for awhile. I don't know if you have kids or not, maybe that's why you don't feel like a true adult yet. Do your parents keep telling you war stories about their upbringing? For me, I'll never feel like I went through something gangsta as my parents. That's why I don't feel like a full adult because, my trials and tribulations are nothing compare to my parents, and it hits me through a regular day. And I realize, WOW! Mini epiphanies, you can call it.
lol... my Mom had told me her story of how she got out of the Philippines so many times...and how she had to take a boat ride just to get toschool.
no kids here...but I def feel it when I reprimand my nieces and nephews...or remind them of their manners...I always joke to my friends... having kids givesyou an automatic +5 to your age.

Back
Top Bottom