GETTING PAID WITH A ATM CARD!!!!UNAPPRECIATION POST! VOL..NO MORE CHECKS

in JUNE at my job they are going to start paying us with a ATM MASTERCARD no more checks ...the bad thing is they charge you 50 cents every time you use thecard and if you want to take your money out the ATM machines charge you as well and you can only take out like 300 at a time it adds up i was happy with mydirect deposit now i gotta deal with this BS
mad.gif

Unappreciated, I still got like $1.25 left on my paycard from a job I had 2 years ago.

Is your job doing this through a certain bank? Because the bank the cards are issued through do not charge you to use their ATMs it's only when you useother ATMs that you are charged. The .50 is usually a hassle but I have only seen that applied when you don't make the required minimum purchase fromwherever you're buying from.

Originally Posted by Elocin023

Is your job doing this through a certain bank? Because the bank the cards are issued through do not charge you to use their ATMs it's only when you use other ATMs that you are charged. The .50 is usually a hassle but I have only seen that applied when you don't make the required minimum purchase from wherever you're buying from.

i wish it was a certain bank i think the company is called comdata or something like that and those 50 cents are charged every time you use it no matter howmuch the amount is:frown:

if you have direct deposit it should nto affect you.

They are probably stopping paper checks only...imo

Originally Posted by MOB 650

i work at SFO airport

Really? Typically it's the small businesses that pay their employees in this manner. Larger places usually keep direct deposit as an option. weird

Originally Posted by Nawth21

i work at SFO airport

Really? Typically it's the small businesses that pay their employees in this manner. Larger places usually keep direct deposit as an option. weird
thats what i was saying man and they did stop direct deposit cuz its gunna direct deposit to the card lol

Originally Posted by Nawth21

i work at SFO airport

thats what i was saying man and they did stop direct deposit cuz its gunna direct deposit to the card lol
That's so stupid for the people who have bank accounts. I'd be pissed, all of my banking and bill paying is done online and in some casesautomatically. Messing with a debit card not through my bank would be such a hassle.

everyone at work is pissed off it was perfectly fine before now i gotta take all my money out the ATM and deposit it to my bank FML! oh and to add we got paidevery Friday now they changed it to every 2 weeks lol

You should just use the card to pay bills. I mean pay your friends bills with your card and get the cash. I'm sure you kow a few people that can give youcash .

I remember reading about companies doing this to cut down on the cost of payroll checks. They should still have the direct deposit option but yet another signof this recession

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

You should just use the card to pay bills. I mean pay your friends bills with your card and get the cash. I'm sure you kow a few people that can give you cash .

I remember reading about companies doing this to cut down on the cost of payroll checks. They should still have the direct deposit option but yet another sign of this recession
thats what they told us to cut down on paper costs

Originally Posted by The Kid Fiasco

whats the reason for using debit cards???

thats sucks dude.
If they put the money on the card, they don't have to pay out the money until you spend it. For example:

Before: you get a check of 200, they gotta pay that money straight out, 200 comes out of their pocket
After: you get 200, they tell comdata or whatever card company to set the limit on the card to 200, but you only spend 20 in a month, at the end of the month,they only give 20 to comdata.

Regardless, there's gotta be another way. You can't save money that's on a debit card and you can't pay rent that's on a debit card,especially with all those fees.

my job is doing this too but we are able to get direct deposit. I wonder why you don't have that option. Or do you??

Back
Top Bottom