Getting your wisdom teeth out...

richyung412

Banned
Im getting 4 wisdom teeeth out on thursday, I just wanted to hear other peoples story on how you got yours out And what happend after. I got 2 in the same spot. Im not looking foward to this but they need to get taken out.

RIP

You won't be able to eat solids for about a week. And take the pain killers they give you. Otherwise you'll be dying of pain.

Everyone goes through it differently, but usually stay on the painkillers for a few days as well as aspirin, don't drink out of a straw, make sure you clean it out and keep it all from getting infected, and that's really it.

You don't feel a thing during the actual surgery, and just make sure you take some painkillers immediately before the anesthesia wears off.

You'll have then Kanye cheeks for a bit. You should record yourself coming down off the surgery too, my girl said some funny *!!$.

I had one get infected while I was in Iraq.  They had just opened the dental facility so I headed over to it, and when I got there I discovered the only piece of equipment they had was the chair.  Now my jaw was so swollen that I couldn't open it enough to eat without a lot of pain so the tooth had to go.  Since they didn't have any of their tools they went down to the motorpool and got a pair of pliers, washed them real good, and with no pain killers of any type pulled the tooth out.  They didn't have anything to stitch the hole up with so they gave me some antibiotics and sent me on my way.  On the bright side I didn't have to get the flu shot the next day, yay!  +%$% hurt so much
laugh.gif

i had all four at the same time...they didn't put me to sleep they just numbed my mouth...

after it wears off its painful...i called my dad after and he asked how it was and i just started crying cuz i thought i was gonna die...

when i got home i just laid on the couch and cried...i sat on the couch the whole weekend and couldn't chew for about 2 days...

top ramen without the noodles, mash potatoes and jamba juice...but most importantly vitocin FTW!
pimp.gif

also use that syringe until it heals...gauzes taste like crap though

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Everyone goes through it differently, but usually stay on the painkillers for a few days as well as aspirin, don't drink out of a straw, make sure you clean it out and keep it all from getting infected, and that's really it.

You don't feel a thing during the actual surgery, and just make sure you take some painkillers immediately before the anesthesia wears off.
^^ excellent advice.

The idiot who pulled my wisdom teeth out did a terrible job with the sutures so I didnt stop bleeding for well over a day.  On top of the pain I had to deal with the discomfort of having gauze in my mouth (which I had to change out regularly).  If your wisdom teeth are not impacted it should be exponentially easier and less painful.  If they are impacted and the doc has to cut to get to them, its a toss up as to how you will respond.  Mine got infected and it was quite possibly one of the worst weeks of my life.  My cousin on the otherhand was good to go a few hours after she got em pulled out.  Hell she even came out to the bar the same night she had her teeth removed (even though she didnt or couldnt drink).

damn I'm supposed to have mine taken out during spring break... ya'll talkin bout painkillers for a couple days! I guess ill just be drinkin protein shakes those days for food,.

^Damn ninjallama!
That **** sounds like it's straight out of a t.v. show/movie or something!
Good luck with the procedure OP.Luckily i've never had to deal with that,but i've heard mad stories about it and it was NOT pleasant.

I made this same thread before I got mine out lol I was nervous as hell but it ended up being easy and you dont feel anything as long as your going under.

Am I the only one who had hardly any pain and zero swelling when I got mine pulled!?

I was expecting worse, but it wasn't bad at all. Ur not allowed to eat solids for a while tho...

Only problem I had was that I previously had braces, and I think my wisdom teeth may have held them in place aftwerwards.

Once they got taken out, I noticed a gap coming in. Luckily I still had my retainer...all good now!
pimp.gif

O and be sure to have one of your friends drive u home when ur all drugged up....I think I told my moms I smoked weed lol.

Its bad... Swollen face, blood at 1st in your mouth, not being able to eat solids for awhile, & a little bit of bruising (atleast for me). Lasts about a week.

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

I had one get infected while I was in Iraq.  They had just opened the dental facility so I headed over to it, and when I got there I discovered the only piece of equipment they had was the chair.  Now my jaw was so swollen that I couldn't open it enough to eat without a lot of pain so the tooth had to go.  Since they didn't have any of their tools they went down to the motorpool and got a pair of pliers, washed them real good, and with no pain killers of any type pulled the tooth out.  They didn't have anything to stitch the hole up with so they gave me some antibiotics and sent me on my way.  On the bright side I didn't have to get the flu shot the next day, yay!  +%$% hurt so much
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Uluv411

Am I the only one who had hardly any pain and zero swelling when I got mine pulled!?

I was expecting worse, but it was bad at all. Ur not allowed to eat solids for a while tho...

Only problem I had was that I previously had braces, and I think my wisdom teeth may have held them in place.

Once they got taken out, I noticed a gap coming in. Luckily I still had my retainer...all good now!
pimp.gif

O, and try to have one of ur friends drive u home when ur all drugged up...I think I told my moms I got high alot before lol.
Nah, the two I got pulled in the States weren't bad and both were impacted.  Dude had to really dig to get them out, but I went and got a burger immediately afterwards.

yogurt, jello, soups, shakes, mash potatoes, applesauce, pudding, ice cream, cottage cheese

and get
pimp.gif
off that oxy/vic/percs

I just remember my mouth being numb for a couple of hours after. I was afraid I was gonna bite my tounge off and not realize it. I also remember getting a bottle of Lortab.

i got knocked out when i got mine. woke up a mess lol
demanding for a mirror to look at cuz my face felt so weird. drooling all over the place.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

had to eat mashed potatoes, jello, apple sauce ect ect for about a week. got a prescription of vics too, only 500 mgs SMH

if you're a smoker RIP, whether its da Gange
happy.gif
or the tobaccy..sucking in can cause your stitches to pop. so no drinking out of a straw either.

i think i ate shrooms the night after i had em removed lol. my boys were blowing me shotguns since i couldnt smoke.

Originally Posted by three6mafia

i got knocked out when i got mine. woke up a mess lol
demanding for a mirror to look at cuz my face felt so weird. drooling all over the place.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

had to eat mashed potatoes, jello, apple sauce ect ect for about a week. got a prescription of vics too, only 500 mgs SMH

if you're a smoker RIP, whether its da Gange
happy.gif
or the tobaccy..sucking in can cause your stitches to pop. so no drinking out of a straw either.

i think i ate shrooms the night after i had em removed lol. my boys were blowing me shotguns since i couldnt smoke.
that is DEDICATION to your habit right there.  I'm not homophobic by any means but aint none of my boys ever gonna shotgun me a hit.  Thats just a bit too close for comfort.

I had impacted teeth and had to get 2 of them removed, they put me asleep with i.v fluid when they removed them.

My mouth hurt for about 2 weeks but i think i had one of the bad cases since they put IV's in me.

Back
Top Bottom