Ghostbusters: Afterlife | 3rd Film In The Franchise | In Theaters 11/11/21

Synopsis: When a single mother and her two children move to a new town, they soon discover that they have a connection to the original Ghostbusters and their grandfather's secret legacy.
Release date: November 11, 2021
Starring: Finn Wolfhard, Mckenna Grace, Carrie ****, Sigourney Weaver, Paul Rudd
Director: Jason Reitman
Produced by: Ivan Reitman
Written by: Gil Kenan; Jason Reitman

Adapted from: Ghostbusters

ghostbusters_afterlife.jpg

Trailer did it's job. Hit the same nostalgic vibes I had in 2015 when I first saw the Force Awakens trailer. I'll check this out.

Did they ever confirm Murray? I’m probably gonna be there regardless, tbh

that trailer was amazing. im usually reserved with regards to movies that pick up an old/childhood franchise that was otherwise retired.

but this trailer really vibed with me. i hope this is a one and done film. sort of an ode to the OG films. paul rudd is actually a solid actor and looks like a good fit for this. that little kid...they did a great job giving her that egon vibe.

def looking forward to this.

i watched some of the all women ghostbusters film and...it wasn't it.

Did they ever confirm Murray? I’m probably gonna be there regardless, tbh
Yeah, the OG cast, minus Egon (RIP Harold Ramis). Will return. I even read that Rick Moranis came out of retirement to cameo in this film.

I'm excited for this movie, Egon was my favorite Ghostbuster and to see this new film focus on his grandkids is cool to see.

At least we'll get a scene with the OG cast together smh. (F you JJ Abrams. You had one job)

Lol Don’t blame JJ. That was FRESH off #metoo.

Oh snap! Rick Moranis is back?!? Wonder what struck him to do this..
Too soon?

This movie did to the OG how the Sequel Trilogy should’ve treated the OT. Ending is literally now Episode 9 should have ended. Never thought I’d tear in a theater after Endgame so soon but damn. Ending was some powerful stuff for long time fans:frown:

Did you stay all the way til the lights came on?

This movie did to the OG how the Sequel Trilogy should’ve treated the OT. Ending is literally now Episode 9 should have ended. Never thought I’d tear in a theater after Endgame so soon but damn. Ending was some powerful stuff for long time fans:frown:
The fact that the film was focused on Egon’s family made me happy. He was my favorite ghostbuster and that final act was great.

also to hear the sound of the proton pack power up so clearly was great.

Jason Reitman did great.

saw it yesterday. typical saturday crowd. good size. it was more of a family film and there were lots of families and kids there. one annoying kid was seated beside me and was getting restless around midway and around 3/4 of the film. kid kept on banging his seat and putting his feet up in front. so glad the person infront either didn't notice that or was not that reacting at all of the disturbance. good thing that mom was responsible enough to keep her son attentive for his lack of attention.

about the movie, it was great fun with a few 80s reference which I found funny. overall, I enjoyed Ghostbusters: Afterlife but prefer watching Dune (since I am a fan of the Frank Herbert novel). I went for GA and decided I could wait on Dune on streaming. great plot as well and brought justice to the movie franchise. it washed away that bad after taste that the parody they did in 2016. anyways, I love it when they used that iconic Ecto-1 siren everytime. it brings you back when it all began.

I'm trying to remember how many there were now haha. I think you saw everything.

Yeah, two. Early post credit and all the way at the end. I like what the last one teased but I wouldn’t hate if this was it for the og Ghostbusters Trilogy.

Yeah, two. Early post credit and all the way at the end. I like what the last one teased but I wouldn’t hate if this was it for the og Ghostbusters Trilogy.

Same. Was beyond happy with it overall. I had high hopes for it after the first trailer, and tried to keep my expectations low. It ended up smashing my expectations to pieces. It was hard to keep up with all the Easter eggs, and I'm eager to go see it again.

So true bud. I saw it Friday morning at 10:20. About 8 people in the small Movie Tavern theater. So glad I had that napkin on my table (didn't order food) as I had tears rolling down my face! It was so powerful and beautiful! I'm 45, grew up in the 80s and Ghostbusters is in my Top 3 movies of all time. Heck, I build a wooden Proton Pack when I was like 10 or 11, that's how much of a fan I have been. Even a fan of 2 (it gets a lot of hate but I rewatched it and it's really cool).

Jason Reitman (with his Father) really hit this out of the park. Any of the critics reviews are just BS! This movie was made for us diehards of the original. And to pull off the ending AND for it to NOT leak out is something. I'm so glad it didn't and was so happily surprised to see the amazing ending! The kids were great in it and Paul Rudd was perfect for it! I can't wait to see what he has up his sleeve next.

For those who want to see it, STAY THROUGH ALL THE TRAILERS! The mid-trailer scene is FUNNY, the end trailer scene is better!

Same. Was beyond happy with it overall. I had high hopes for it after the first trailer, and tried to keep my expectations low. It ended up smashing my expectations to pieces. It was hard to keep up with all the Easter eggs, and I'm eager to go see it again.

I may have to go see it again just to see what I missed in terms of those Easter Eggs. I so badly wanted this to be awesome and my expectations were not disappointed, they were exceeded IMMENSELY! And I know I'm gonna cry again and it's so worth it! It was a beautiful movie and tribute. Especially the 2 words at the end of the movie before the credits...For Harold!! 🥺🥺 I was crying like a baby!

Felt very 80’s goonies type of movie. No real complaints other than a slow start…. Which is also 80’s like haha

I may have to go see it again just to see what I missed in terms of those Easter Eggs. I so badly wanted this to be awesome and my expectations were not disappointed, they were exceeded IMMENSELY! And I know I'm gonna cry again and it's so worth it! It was a beautiful movie and tribute. Especially the 2 words at the end of the movie before the credits...For Harold!! 🥺🥺 I was crying like a baby!
So bummed they couldn’t make this movie when Harold Ramis was still alive.

The supposed 2016 girlbusters was so bad that it would make a poor reboot look like a masterpiece. I'm not saying the reboot is bad, I'm saying it's highly entertaining. Love the og as a kid and wanted to watch the cartoon show so bad and having the toys as well including the transformable ghosts. Remember those goo slime that they sell as well?

Back
Top Bottom