Ghostbusters: Afterlife | 3rd Film In The Franchise | In Theaters 11/11/21

I didnt realize there was a thread for this movie. Echoing the comments already made in here. I absolutely LOVED this movie. Might be my favorite film of 2021. Like I said in the big movie thread, I am curious how this movie hit for the younger generation. Because I would be shocked if ANY of the people who grew up with the OG Ghostbusters didnt love this. Perfect blend of nostalgia, action and storyline.

I couldnt have liked this movie more. I cant wait to see it again.

First part really dragged, imo. But I understand why they needed to tell the story. Final act was for sure fan service, but glad that they still ended the film the way they did.

Curious to see where the franchise goes next. I hope they continue to make another film.
As long as they keep that feminist theme crap off the movie, the franchise would do well.

So sad :frown:

Did Ivan direct afterlife? So the GB franchise is pretty much over now too? 2 of the major parts of it have left us

So sad :frown:

Did Ivan direct afterlife? So the GB franchise is pretty much over now too? 2 of the major parts of it have left us

No, his son Jason directed it (and wrote it). Ivan was on set a bunch. And they did leave open a sequel opportunity in afterlife.

No, his son Jason directed it (and wrote it). Ivan was on set a bunch. And they did leave open a sequel opportunity in afterlife.
Oh ok I wasn't aware Jason wrote and directed it. And yeah I knew there were options open, and was hoping for more sequels. So at least we can still get more in their memory.

Then they would spoil it and turn out to be a sequel to that 2016 piece of dump.

Then they would spoil it and turn out to be a sequel to that 2016 piece of dump.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a female member in this new group led by Winston. I think the last movie was a nice closure to Gozer and the OG’s and they can really can go anywhere they want with this one.

Just throw in the OG GB‘s in a Stan Lee type cameos and they’re good. I’m looking forward to them being back in nyc.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a female member in this new group led by Winston. I think the last movie was a nice closure to Gozer and the OG’s and they can really can go anywhere they want with this one.

Just throw in the OG GB‘s in a Stan Lee type cameos and they’re good. I’m looking forward to them being back in nyc.
as long as they don't pull that same offensive crap they did back in 2016 with those cast members, I'm fine with having a female member. just can't believe they were able to convince the OG crew to do a cameo with that sexist garbage.

Can't wait.

Still need a proton pack. Smh.

Hasbro had an AMAZING proton pack that they had a crowdfunding campaign go with several years ago. Supposedly the best one, one can buy. Adam Savage actually compared it to the custom one he made and he was a HUGE fan of it.

Here is his video on upgrading it.

And here is his own 1 day build (which is freaking AMAZING)!!

I want one SO BAD!!!

Looks terrible like the last one. I dont like that kids are ghostbusters, hence its a kids movie unlike the og which was at least semi-serious. Im done with this franchise, yall enjoy it though

Hasbro had an AMAZING proton pack that they had a crowdfunding campaign go with several years ago. Supposedly the best one, one can buy. Adam Savage actually compared it to the custom one he made and he was a HUGE fan of it.

Here is his video on upgrading it.

And here is his own 1 day build (which is freaking AMAZING)!!

I want one SO BAD!!!

Got that Hasbro one and the matching wand for sale. Retail plus shipping if An NT’er is interested. Just saying’:lol:

Looks terrible like the last one. I dont like that kids are ghostbusters, hence its a kids movie unlike the og which was at least semi-serious. Im done with this franchise, yall enjoy it though

Well, your entitled to your opinion, even if it's totally off base! 😂😂

As an OG GB fan, I LOVED it!! Perfect story for it. And yeah it's kids in it. It's Egon's granddaughter for crying out loud. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom