Gilbert Arenas....2 years PROBATION, 30 days in a halfway house, & 400 hrs comm service

No jail time = no voided contract

DC is stuck with Gilly the kid for what 7 more seasons (or something like that)

laugh.gif
smh.gif
RIP to the Wizards franchise

There are some black people white people hate (plaxico) and some white people love (gilbert) SMH how one country can have so many different laws and punishment for essentially the same crimes.

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

There are some black people white people hate (plaxico) and some white people love (gilbert) SMH how one country can have so many different laws and punishment for essentially the same crimes.
these fools also carried the guns across state & they were loaded.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

laugh.gif
smh.gif
RIP LOL...They've been dead since the 80's and only shown pulses here and there.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

laugh.gif
smh.gif
They may be stuck with Gil but remember Caron and Antawn are off the books so I wouldn't say it's COMPLETELY over for the franchise.

Gil got some good lawyers, he got off VERY light. Plaxico is rollin over in his grave bunk bed right now. 

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

There are some black people white people hate (plaxico) and some white people love (gilbert)

who hates plaxico? i've only met people who pity him or think he's a ******.

got nothing to do with black and white.

This %#+* makes the District of Columbia look softer than yogurt.

A half-way house? This _ don't even gotta go get a job, just scoot around during the day and be in before curfew. He's gonna love it at the house. And he'll knock that community service out with that NBA CARES program.

Hopefully our new owner Ted Leonsis gives Gilbert another chance. He may not be the same player that he was before but Gil is still the franchise player for the wiz

Other stuff....

From WTOP

Arenas cried as he spoke to the judge saying "I'm very sorry, every day I wake up and wish it didn't happen"

From Mike Jones:

Arenas' attorney said Gil and Crit have been in contact often since both pled and Gil gave crit $30K for Crit's mom's neck surgery.

From Wojo:

Only real chance Wizards had to void Arenas' contract would've been significant prison time. Thirty days in a halfway house won't do it.

From Craig Stouffer:

Arenas's fiancée was in courtroom next door listening. "i was really nervous. My mouth got really dry" Gilbert didn't want her to come.

laugh.gif
fitting. 

Statement from Wizards:

"We believe today's sentencing of Gilbert Arenas can help bring closure to the unfortunate situation that has played out over the last three months.   Gilbert has admitted his mistakes and will now pay his debt to our community.  We are confident that he has learned something significant from the experience and we now look forward to moving on and focusing on building this team into the contender that our outstanding fans deserve."

Even without the possibility of voiding his contract, I think he'll be moved before the start of the 2010-11 season....someone will bite on his contract.  New ownership group is gonna start from scratch.

He kind of got off easy. He could have gone the way of Plaxico (granted his gun didn't discharge). He should consider himself lucky.

Gun didn't discharge but he had MULTIPLE LOADED guns with PRIORS. He should be doin' AT LEAST what Plax got.

It's not that I wanna see dude in jail but he think this #@** is a joke like he's untouchable. Now he got off easy so you know he hasn't learned anything from this situation. His blog is gonna be poppin' with nothing but halfway house stories and new nicknames for himself.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Gun didn't discharge but he had MULTIPLE LOADED guns with PRIORS. He should be doin' AT LEAST what Plax got.

It's not that I wanna see dude in jail but he think this #@** is a joke like he's untouchable. Now he got off easy so you know he hasn't learned anything from this situation. His blog is gonna be poppin' with nothing but halfway house stories and new nicknames for himself.
I thought the guns weren't loaded?

Back
Top Bottom