Gilbert Arenas' ex wants 109k monthly/1.3 MIL annually...pic of him getting served pg. 9 SMH

ept_sports_nba_experts-459935038-1296148878.jpg

It's necessary to point out, before we start pointing fingers and laughing, that the court battle between Gilbert Arenas(notes) and his former girlfriend is nothing to cackle over. There are children in the middle, and Gilbert's ex is trying to wrangle a settlement that is in the best interests of those children.

That said, wow. That's a lot of money you've spent, there, Gilbert Arenas. And even in the middle of a six-year, $111 million contract (that followed a six-year, nearly $64 million contract), there's absolutely no way Gilbert Arenas can keep up this lifestyle for much longer.

What lifestyle? According to court records obtained by the Washington Post, this lifestyle:

There's a lot about how Arenas spent his money, based on her understanding of the household finances: "he states he makes 1.5 million per month," read the notes. Arenas lavished plenty on their Great Falls home, dropping $100,000 on landscaping, $5,000 a month for housekeepers, $675 "per car" washing, and $1 million for his backyard pool and grotto. His sharks are expensive: $5,000 a month to feed them and $1,500 for a keeper to drive from Columbus to take care of them.

He was extravagant when it came to toys for the children -- ages 5, 4 and 2 -- buying a $60,000 train set and an $8,000 toy Mercedes-Benz electric car, and dropping between $30,000 and $40,000 during a shopping spree at FAO Schwartz. (Arenas also told this story on the blog, but didn't divulge the amount of money spent.)

"His sharks are expensive." Whoa, boy.

There is some debate as to whether or not Arenas, currently shooting under 40 percent from the field in Orlando while playing on a surgically reconstructed left knee, will even be able to play beyond his current contract, which expires in 2014. So this is just about it for him, and it's not a stretch to say that Arenas (though that contract is easily the league's worst) will be traded a few more times before the deal is done.

So please, Gilbert, let's refrain from building a shark-filled grotto in Orlando. And maybe look into goldfish futures, back in the District of Columbia.

Also, do right by the woman who is raising your kids. And say "hi" to the sharks for me.

Gilbert Arenas spends a lot of money to maintain his sharks - Ball Don't Lie - NBA* - Yahoo! Sports

Arenas is gonna end up broke like alot of other retired athletes. Be prudent with that $ meng!

Originally Posted by grittyman20

If you're making a 1.5 mil a month, $5000 on house keeping ain't nothing. Did you see the pictures of his house? We ain't talking about no 2 bedroom apartment here 
laugh.gif

Gritty....that money ain't gonna last forever....and it's looking like his ex is gonna hurt him financially. 

and Gilbert's ex is trying to wrangle a settlement that is in the best interests of those children.

laugh.gif

Sure banging Shaq was in the best interest of her children as well.  Clown

Originally Posted by Joe Cool23

($500-$600 a week from Peapod),
eek.gif
Unreal. 500 every week for groceries is ridiculous, they need to take their butts to Costco or Sam's Club.

Hell even Ralphs.   Are they too good for a normal grocery store? 
You get Ralphs reward bucks to use in the future 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by Joe Cool23

($500-$600 a week from Peapod),
eek.gif
Unreal. 500 every week for groceries is ridiculous, they need to take their butts to Costco or Sam's Club.

Hell even Ralphs.   Are they too good for a normal grocery store? 
You get Ralphs reward bucks to use in the future 
laugh.gif

That's the thing, they use a normal grocery store (Giant). They probably have a pantry full of stale cereal.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Do guys like G.Arenas have legitimate investments (other than the houses they live in))?

Cant speak on names - but yes, yes they do.Hedge funds, usually invested in by their CPA, business advisor or lawyerNot big bad hedge funds, but solid returns nonetheless

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

If you're making a 1.5 mil a month, $5000 on house keeping ain't nothing. Did you see the pictures of his house? We ain't talking about no 2 bedroom apartment here 
laugh.gif

Gritty....that money ain't gonna last forever....and it's looking like his ex is gonna hurt him financially. 
Buttttt honestly he will be playing for a while longer double j, he will keep making money and unless he is a #**%%@% idiot. He should be set for life

I'm not necessarily talking about the dollar amount long term, just the fact that he can afford to pay for housekeeping...for the record, 5 grand is a bit excessive no matter how much money you make a year.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

laugh.gif

Buttttt honestly he will be playing for a while longer double j, he will keep making money and unless he is a #**%%@% idiot. He should be set for life

• Within five years of retirement, an estimated 60% of former NBA players are broke.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1153364/index.htm

You'd think he'd be set for life....but you just never know w. these guys....even though they are millionaires (for now), they spend foolishly and beyond their means. 

• Within five years of retirement, an estimated 60% of former NBA players are broke.

Only thing about that statement is that I'm sure it includes those who played in the era before annual NBA salaries were in the millions.

It's not the dollar amount or money running out that's problematic, but rather the lavish lifestyle and bad spending habits. Even if Gil gets another big contract, it would seem he's not saving or putting anything away for when his NBA career is over. Many Americans have the same trouble saving money. It's like I make $1.5 million a month so I can spend $1.5 million a month. I'm not quite sure NBA superstars are ever able to cut back or practice moderation when it comes to material possessions/items. It's really an indication of American society and our reliance on the latest technology and newest gadgets. Whether it  be a mansion, Bentley, iPad, or whatever else, the issue lies with the strong desire or even need to have the "best" that's out. The question is what do we as Americans and athletes in particular resort to when the money isn't flowing as comfortably? Do we "sacrifice" and live without those things or simply find another means (perhaps illegal or immoral) to still obtain them? 

When he 40, Gil gonna have an interview looking like one of them don diva #%&&$* "I used to have 4 bentleys, golden headbands....hell, I bought you a gold watch, didn't I?"

Gilbert lost once I heard this broad was getting smashed by Shaq...remmeber around the time that came out, neither him nor Shaq played in the the game when their teams played...i think it was a Wiz/Cavs game

These broads know what theyre doing....they got plenty of practice..all they need is a rich simp who'll fall for it.

Originally Posted by M00DSWING7

Gilbert-Arenas.jpg

Ummm... Nah. All this drama for a chick that ain't even a 6. 
indifferent.gif

Lebron WON.
laugh.gif

That's not her. 
My fault... That's the girl he's supposedly with now.

Here you go:

ph2009101802421.jpg

Lebron still WON.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom