Gilbert Arenas has some STRONG opinions on Kobe etc...

Quote:
Lord knows if the man he was talking about made a comment like that about anyone else you dudes would flip your lids about it...

EXACTLY

thank you
TEAMYANKEES

Quote:
.....and choked.
:lol:
laugh.gif
GAMBIT
with stlye, petite. with stlye.​

^^ Duh! im not talkin about last years since he didnt even make it to the playoffs, im talkin about the one where he missed those free throws after Lebron said something to him..

good read from Gil... dude speaks the truth.. Kobe is my favorite player but that was dead on what he said.
TEAMCOWBOYS
VI..XII..XXVII..XXVIII..XXX......​
"WE ARE THE BEST"

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

Truth and honesty doesn't usually go over well here on Niketalk, especially about Kobe Bryant. Sugar coating and revisionism reign supreme here, as does a tragic case of myopia.
BASKETBALL IS A BROTHERHOOD

"but alot of the things Kobe does I would never have done."

MJ in GQ

arenas really needs to learn to shut his mouth and just play ball. don't get me wrong, i use to be, perhaps still am, a fan of his. but ever since that 60 pt game he had against the lakers last season, he has let all the hype get to his head. look at these first three games. terrible. terrible fg%, paltry assist stats. he has been really overhyped imo. he's good, but he's not on kobe or wade's level. and if he wants to get to that level, he better start practicing again instead of writing and talking so much.

^ he's coming off of acl surgery. did you expect him to tear it up immediately? give the man some time.

i love it when athletes speak their mind. as long as they don't sugarcoat it, i'm fine with whatever he says, because it is from the heart. i don't remember gilbert ever being humble. i always remember him as someone who felt he was getting what he was due. i don't blame him for feeling slighted. i would blame him for being okay with being a second tier player. he wants to be the best, and he wants everyone to know it. i have no problem with that. he's not just out there collecting a check, he wants to be better than everybody else, for that i applaud gilbert.

^ it shouldn't affect stand still jumpers. he's missing a lot of those.

and he has ALWAYS been inconsistent. check last yr. one month, he tears it up. next month he shoots 35%. and the the same thing happens the next month.

and he always shoots iverson's fg%.

don't blame it on the ACL completely now. he'll prollie get on a roll later but he'll suck for stretches again.

Good point Gilbert
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
Azubuike - Barnes - Belinelli - Biedrins - Croshere - Davis - Ellis
Harrington - Hudson - Jackson - Lasme - O'Bryant - Perovic - Pietrus - Wright

Quote:
gilbert arenas is a poor mans iverson...
"Those who aren't able to find a more miserable person turn to the Internet and call other people losers, even though they've never met..."FOR SALE: LEBRON IV GOLD ALL STAR SIZE 9.5 DS
WANTED: FOAMPOSITE ONE ROYAL BLUE SZ 9.5

Quote:
at people hating on gilbert, mostly likely kobe sackriders

yeah because only kobe sack riders can recognize a bitter looking for attention type of guy right?

if it were Kobe, lebron, or wade saying this, people here would be mad upset...

Quote:
when he talks its just because he's a confident person, and he says things to motivate himself and not put down anybody else or act like he is better than anybody else.

yet when others talk like that they are arrogant and selfish right?

Quote:
arenas will still be making predictions and talking after now. you guys probably think him being wrong would just shut him up, but he isnt that kind of person, he says whatever he wants to for personal motivation and not to talk to opponents
:nerd:
nerd.gif

Quote:
he has not earned the right to talk about other people/players and get away with it, and will never have that right again in his career
FS Nike Air jordan IX Retro, Kobe all star 2k5, XVIII low, Shox Stunner, VC 1 all size 12. pm or email at fkint@yahoo.com
[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

Arenas may be right on with he said but why is it his bizz to speak up on someone elses problems?? Gilbert has never been in this postion like kobe or other superstars have been and i bet if he had been his stancs on the subject would be different.

and if this comment came from some of NT most hated on players Kobe,Lebron or Wade yall would kill them for saying it

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
Lets go Bulls, UCLA,Dodgers and Cowboys!
TEAMCOWBOYS

Quote:
don't blame it on the ACL completely now.
ed, and the injury.

i never kill players for speaking their minds. i would be better kill the reporter for shoving the microphone in their face. every one isn't the no comment type.

Quote:
So I guess him being a 3 time all star, taking the Wizards to the Playoffs 3 years in a row, an MVP candidate, and top 3 scorer in the league isn't a great career? Yeah buddy log off NT right now.

Wow those are impressive accomplishments real hall of fame accomplishments right there. Please he is a decent player at best and he will be best known for running his mouth all the time and making stupid comments.
"You can take the boy from the island but not the island from the boy. Cause the island stays in you're heart and I'll never forget where I'm from."-Justin

Quote:
arenas that you? :nerd:
nerd.gif

i said that because that is exactly what he said in his blog, i am quoting his words
Quote:
you earn the right by WINNING, something arenas has not done his whole career...

well then neither has kobe, he hasnt won @#%$ by himself.. when has Kobe got his team out of the first round? exactly. but arenas has, so therefore according to your statement arenas career > kobe's career

Quote:
yet when others talk like that they are arrogant and selfish right?
TEAM NTWikia

^ it's fine if he said we'll try to win the opener but it'll be tough.

but for him to say outright we're gonna win, boston fans should know that is stupid. he can't even beat the damn pacers or magic at home and had the nerve to say that? :smh:
smh.gif

Gilbert is gonna be great on the TNT crew after his career is over.
Buckeye Mindstate

Beat Illinois​

Quote:
basketball is a team sport. NO PLAYER. not even the greats have won by themselves.

for you to say he hasnt won anything by himself shows where you are coming from. the land of haterville.... :lol:
laugh.gif
TEAM NTWikia

Quote:
therefore, according to your earlier statement, arenas career > kobe's career

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
Lets go Bulls, UCLA,Dodgers and Cowboys!
TEAMCOWBOYS

and nice job ignoring that i have a point... people that say arenas hasn't done anything in his career, are just ignorant

and remember that he is only 26.
TEAM NTWikia

Quote:
I asked if he was talking about the Clippers' Tim Thomas, for example.

"Yeah,'' he said. "Thank you.''
TeamClippers
It's not just a basketball team that needs you. It's an entire nation.​

Back
Top Bottom