Girls' Twin Towers costumes spark outrage

people celebrate thanksgiving every year without blinking an eye...
while i think i get where you were going with this I've never seen anyone sit down to eat dressed as a murdered native american
laugh.gif
at that response and
laugh.gif
at comparing these girls outfits to eating a turkey dinner on the last Thursday in November.

what makes someone go "oh i know what i'll do for halloween i'll make fun of someones tragic death"

people celebrate thanksgiving every year without blinking an eye...

I see your point, but I don't think its the same.

There is of course a fair connection between early colonial developments, and the ensuing violence and mistreatment of Native Americans. But the holiday itself has more to do with traditional harvest festivals, and really no direct violent connotation. Thanksgiving is celebrated in Canada on an earlier date (for harvest reasons) without any "mythical" story of NA's helping european settlers.

I would say that Thanksgiving is as divorced from Colonial/Native history as Christmas is from its Euro-Christian/Pagan roots. I think that it would be incorrect to suggest that most Americans think Thanksgiving is an acknowledgment of the destruction of Native American peoples, and therefore, their casualness is not surprising.
You could argue that there is confusion about what Thanksgiving represents, but there is no confusion about what 9/11 represents

People are too sensitive.

i say the same thing about homosexual's

but not dead people who died for nothing

oh and before anyone has anything smart to say i knew someone who died that day

this is not a joke and it's out of line

Last edited:

I find it hilarious how the typical NTers were ready to riot over the Trayvon Martin costume, but this one just comes off as "meh". 
Get the **** out of here. It's hilarious how you managed to come up with that stupid *** comment after just sixteen post in which TWO posters responded to this idiocy with indifference. 

Last edited:
Damn some heartless dudes on NT.

So then we could joke about kids getting shot up too, huh?
you weren't in the sandy hook elementary school thread.  Dudes on here swear and still swear it was all a conspiracy. 

Get the **** out of here. It's hilarious how you managed to come up with that stupid *** comment after just sixteen post in which TWO posters responded to this idiocy with indifference. 
You get the *%&$#@ outta here lol. You wanna wait and see if this thread has the same reaction as the Trayvon one? You know you're gonna be wrong, right? Man...some of you are too funny. Calling flagrant 2 foul on the Trayvon costume, but this one is just a weak personal foul.  Okay. You can't argue with what's obvious bruh. Come back in a couple days and tell me this thread blew up the same with the same reactions. It's already obvious that's not gonna happen.
Name the one's who were ready to riot but have meh to this.

Name them

Last edited:

you weren't in the sandy hook elementary school thread.  Dudes on here swear and still swear it was all a conspiracy. 
Same people said the same thing about the Marathon bombing 
mean.gif

You're not as smart as you think you are if you can't understand a greater level of outrage for recent events than older ones. Or the fatigue at this point with all the other recent halloween costume incidents. Even then at least let it get to the end of the first page before you pull out your troll card.

You're not as smart as you think you are if you can't understand a greater level of outrage for recent events than older ones. Or the fatigue at this point with all the other recent halloween costume incidents. Even then at least let it get to the end of the first page before you pull out your troll card.
Your level of perception is very weak I see.

Obiviously, they did it for the attention. I don't think people are that stupid that they don't understand the senstive nature of the costume.

You get the *%&$#@ outta here lol. You wanna wait and see if this thread has the same reaction as the Trayvon one? You know you're gonna be wrong, right? Man...some of you are too funny. Calling flagrant 2 foul on the Trayvon costume, but this one is just a weak personal foul.  Okay. You can't argue with what's obvious bruh. Come back in a couple days and tell me this thread blew up the same with the same reactions. It's already obvious that's not gonna happen.

You wont find one, thats why you arent going to go through it.

"I find it hilarious how the typical NTers were ready to riot over the Trayvon Martin costume, but this one just comes off as "meh"."

You said that and now you are talking about the amount of pages.......
Thread titles alone cause page/post counts to vary.

Im was mad about the trayvon one and I am mad about this one

Dont post garbage as if it is facts.

You mad bruh? Get over it. This thread seemed to peter out at 2 pages...maybe 3....Trayvon thread blew up nasty in hours. I won't find one? LOL...that's hilarious. I don't need to find one....half the posts over there are people freaking out. Did you not read the thread? LOLOLOLOL....yeah....no one freaked out over there....okaaaaaaaaaay

:lol: @ them apologizing

:smh: @ not being able to handle social media backlash

:smh: :smh: @ social media

in for hurt butts

Just stop,

You said that there were people in here that said "meh" to this and were in outrage over there, I asked you to back up your statement with visaul facts, you say you dont want to search through the thread

Now you want me to get over it.

When did I say no one freaked out over there.....

People are too sensitive.

Amen.  As a NYer I personally don't give a F_.
EDIT: Doesn't make it OK I just wouldnt be upset.

I find it hilarious how the typical NTers were ready to riot over the Trayvon Martin costume, but this one just comes off as "meh". 

These were the only people who made it seem like this was ok(by the times you wrote) and NEITHER of these two posters responded in the Halloween thread with outrage.
Might I add was also derailed multiple times and was no longer about the trayvon costumes which is why it was so lengthy.

Boy bye

Llast week no halloween costume could be offensive because it's halloween.

This week it hits close to home.

"black people should get over black face, trayvon martin, and all other costumes"

:rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom