Give me one good reason why......

No reason he shouldn't imo. One of the most electric players I've ever seen. His rookie year and the season after were incredible
eek.gif
. Only reason that he might not would be that he's considered just a returner and returners really don't get the amount of respect that they should. I hope he does.

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

No reason he shouldn't imo. One of the most electric players I've ever seen. His rookie year and the season after were incredible
eek.gif
. Only reason that he might not would be that he's considered just a returner and returners really don't get the amount of respect that they should. I hope he does.
This.

Consistently returning punts is the most challenging thing in football besides consistently playing QB, IMO.

Dudes don't realize how challenging just fielding a punt in a game on a consistent basis is unless they've done it.

Who was the dude on the chiefs who wasthe IT returner before hester. I def forgot his name. smh. He was good too

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

Who was the dude on the chiefs who wasthe IT returner before hester. I def forgot his name. smh. He was good too

Dante Hall

Warning: I suggest muting both videos...just a heads up.

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

Dante Hall?

He has the record for punt return but isn't he tied for the kickoff returns? If he breaks both I think he might get in off that. It's something that seems so simple but really isn't. They stopped kicking to him for a season and a half, that's insane

Nope Tasker isn't in the HOF. And special teamers find it almost impossible to get in. There are no punters, one kicker, no purely "kick returners."

This is the football HOF where some positions are fairly easy to make it in and some positions you have almost no chance (or have to wait for years) even if you are the best ever at what you did. Case in point the WR position where they rarely let dudes in anymore and guys like Cris Carter retire second all time in catches and TDs, 8 straight years with 1,000 yards and Pro Bowls, and named to the 1990's All Decade First Team alongside Jerry Rice.....and he's been shut out four times running in HOF voting.

The good news for Hester is he's not even close to being done yet and he's 28 so who knows what happens.

if Ray Guy isn't in the HOF, NO special teams "extraordinaire" is getting in

the day a gunner gets inducted is the day Canton loses credibility
laugh.gif

Hester will definitely have to wait.. when it's his time for nomination he will be overshadowed year after year by QBs and other big name positions.

the guy has clearly established himself as the GOAT returner in a short period of time.. if he continues this throughout his career it will be hard to ignore. if he pulls a Dante Hall and falls off people will start to forget about his achievements.

Back
Top Bottom