Given a choice, which would you pick out of the three?

a) To be the most celebrated movie actor/actress of all time

b) The greatest musician of all time

c) The most decorated athlete of all time

I ask because I've often wondered which group of individuals have it the best, in contemporary western society, as far as "winning at life" and fame goes (yes the DiCaprio thread incentivized me to finally make this thread): the thespians, the musicians, or the athletes?

Life as DiCaprio vs. life as Micheal Jordan vs. life as Kanye West; (not saying that these folks are the superlatives, but I think we can all agree that they are and have been very influential in their respective trades).

Chillin' and maxin' and relaxin' all cool at the Oscars vs. Grammy's vs. the All-Star games/Olympics.

So which would you choose and WHY?

And please, for the sake of having a simple and fun thread/conversation, let's suspend all the critical social commentary. This is a thread about living vicariously through some famous person in one of the above professions. Indulge in the vanity, even if it's against your code, and allow yourself to dream about the possibilities...:lol:

Last edited:
To be better than Harry Greb at boxing...

Man it would be freakin crazy. I'd talk so much trash like Floyd and maximize the profit.

MW is still a big money type division.

i would choose muscian because i make music myself and enjoy doing it any chance i get too

both athlete and musician have a shelf life. you can be an actor till the day you die.

As an athlete, your pretty much done by the time you reach 40 and you still probably have at least another 30 years of your life to go. What would someone who was the greatest athlete of all time do for those 30 years? Just chill and live off the money? That might be cool for a year but that competitive spirit never goes away. Also the risk of serious injuries effecting you later down in live would suck too.

As the musician, your not going to make as much money as the top athletes or actors. Touring sounds cool when your younger but as you age and it's the best way to really earn money, it would seem like a hassle once you reach your 40s.

I'd chose an actor easily, you can pretty much go as long as you want to and will still be earning a lot of money well into your later years. As a top actor, you can pretty much chose whatever directors, producers, and writers you can work with, almost always guaranteeing a solid movie or big hit. You can take off time whenever you need to as long as you don't commit yourself to any film and can comeback when you want because you will still be in demand.

Those pics of DiCaprio chillin' on the yacht with all them biddies just got me mad...:lol:

Maybe the cloud of hate and jealousy is preventing me from thinking rationally, but I think I'd want to be a famous actor.

Non stop poon, from other celebrated female thespians, and from even avg. chicks.

Minimum of 20M for a flick.

To have my prowess immortalized in eternity and for posterity.

To bring life and give form to an idea (character, concept)

etc.

Mannnn these hollywood cats got it made...:lol:

Each person views things different. For example some like sports more, and others music. To me i would like to be the best athlete that walked the planet.

I'd just prefer to be Wealthy and unknown.

Ain't about that celebrity life.

Those pics of DiCaprio chillin' on the yacht with all them biddies just got me mad...
laugh.gif

Maybe the cloud of hate and jealousy is preventing me from thinking rationally, but I think I'd want to be a famous actor.

Non stop poon, from other celebrated female thespians, and from even avg. chicks.

Minimum of 20M for a flick.

To have my prowess immortalized in eternity and for posterity.

To bring life and give form to an idea (character, concept)

etc.

Mannnn these hollywood cats got it made...
laugh.gif

(Still viewed as the greatest LW of all time, with the arguable best win of all time)

All that can happen as the greatest athlete.

Tape will be viewed years and years later.

Jack Dempsey and Jack Johnson being the early pioneers famous (1900's, Late 1910's-Early 1920's respectively).

Last edited:
As an athlete, your pretty much done by the time you reach 40 and you still probably have at least another 30 years of your life to go. What would someone who was the greatest athlete of all time do for those 30 years? Just chill and live off the money? That might be cool for a year but that competitive spirit never goes away. Also the risk of serious injuries effecting you later down in live would suck too.

As the musician, your not going to make as much money as the top athletes or actors. Touring sounds cool when your younger but as you age and it's the best way to really earn money, it would seem like a hassle once you reach your 40s.

I'd chose an actor easily, you can pretty much go as long as you want to and will still be earning a lot of money well into your later years. As a top actor, you can pretty much chose whatever directors, producers, and writers you can work with, almost always guaranteeing a solid movie or big hit. You can take off time whenever you need to as long as you don't commit yourself to any film and can comeback when you want because you will still be in demand.

i mean, you're talking about the avg. athlete though.

There's a reason why I specifically said you could choose to be the greatest to ever do it in your respective craft.

If we're talking about athletes, I think MJ would be a good point of departure, as far as this thread is concerned.

He's long retired and yet he's still very much relevant and still making loads of money.

That competitive edge you speak of is simply redirected to other ventures.

I like sports so I'd want to be known as the best to ever do it. Plus with the rise of the internet you'll forever be relevant in the GOAT discussion as your highlights/footage will always easily accessible to those that came after your playing career is over. Thats something that the greats in past dont have and thus their accomplishments and standing in there sports diminish as those who actually got to see them play become less and less.

Musician.

If I had a choice it would be Elvis of course.

From 1956-1974. In shape Elvis only. lol

I cant imagine the amount of women that dude had.

Also that feeling when walking on stage and hearing all those people scream for you.

Recording music. And selling a *****load.

Had a *****load of money and cars.

And got away with wearing crazy clothes and it only looked cool on him. lol

View media item 428052Who else could wear that stuff?

(Besides MJ. Dude had crazy clothes too. But I wouldnt want to be him. lol)

Elvis had the life.

Thats just my choice. I know the thread was to pick a profession, but I picked a person within that profession. lol

i mean, you're talking about the avg. athlete though.

There's a reason why I specifically said you could choose to be the greatest to ever do it in your respective craft.

If we're talking about athletes, I think MJ would be a good point of departure, as far as this thread is concerned.

He's long retired and yet he's still very much relevant and still making loads of money.

That competitive edge you speak of is simply redirected to other ventures.

I see where your coming from but after MJ's 2nd retirement at 35 he made a forgettable comeback, is a terrible owner, and had done some other stuff not worth mentioning while Leo since he hit 35 has had some of his best films and roles. I'd rather still be one of the best at what I do when I'm 35 rather then have to retire or start to think about retiring but that's just me.

Last edited:
tough question

i cant pick between being an actor or a musician

i wanna say actor though you can still act and be famous when you're old :pimp:

nobody tryna hear an old man sing and if you just produce you arent really in the spotlight anymore

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom