Given the oppurtunity to sign with a rival company, would you?

For example, 75% of us are Nike heads. Me especially. I would never ever wear anything other than Nike when it comes to sports wear (unless I absolutely have to
grin.gif
).

Now the question is, if you were a pro athlete (or whatever) and a company like Adidas (or what ever rival company of your favorite company)  came up to you and said, we want to sign you to a deal worth a !@@@ load of money. You will have to use our products, and our products only on field (or where ever) and in your private life. Would you do it?

To keep it 100, I honestly would turn that !@@@ down. Aint no way in hell Im wearing Adidas Im sorry
laugh.gif

What about you guys?

Only if I'm already signed to the company I feel loyalty to otherwise you're just taking brand loyalty to a ridiculous level.

I would definitely choose Nike over anything else if the money wasn't a significant amount larger. Assuming I'm doing something where this could happen I probably got dough anyways.

if i were a pro athlete: no because i'm already paid.
Now, as in take a corporate job with Fila or adidas: without a doubt.

If I'm a pro athlete, chances are i'm already getting paid through my team contract and my current Nike contract. So unless it was significantly larger, then I wouldn't.

Originally Posted by J23S

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Money talks.
and when it does, I listen
and when i listen, i learn. 
ok my $*!* didnt make any sense 
roll.gif

but Id take the deal. #*** branding. money is money, and id wear adidas on the court or on the field or anywhere else for the brands publicity, and continue to wear nike products or whatever.

but adidas doesnt even make bad sportswear fam 
laugh.gif
 its not like we're talking about Reebok here or something. Adidas pro models are a solid basketball sneaker. 

when money hollas, i holla back. 

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

Only if I'm already signed to the company I feel loyalty to otherwise you're just taking brand loyalty to a ridiculous level.
laugh.gif
yea I really am.

I mean I understand that money is money or whatever but still, I just dont see myself being locked down by some brand that I dont like. IDK maybe Im buggin out but thats how I see things.

And like I said before, you have to wear nothing but that product. Not even allowed  to wear Nike when you just going out to the store if your signed to Adidas type deal. Would not do it.

So you mean to tell me that most of you guys with your 500+ pair Nike/Jordans collections/ clothes and etc. would just throw that aside for some crappy (person opinion) Adidas? 
laugh.gif
I dont believe you

brand loyalty is for suckers

unless I work, own shares or have some other invested interest in a company I could care less bout them

Who do you think I am, Marcus Jordan
smh.gif

Yeah, Id deal with the rivals, its not even a serious issue.

Originally Posted by CaBron James 23

are you going pro doggy? or are you just daydreaming?
laugh.gif

Im was just wondering if anyone had the same mindset as me.

And you dont have to be going pro to get a deal, ie: acting or whatever gets you public exposure.

If I'm pro or getting offers from Adidas for any reason then I'm sure Nike would also be willing to give me a contract. Yes I would settle for less money rather than selling out. I'm not going pro though, so any company that offers me a job or anything, I'm accepting. If you can afford to turn down money, then by all means do it, but if not you just a fool.

Why do you think J. Kidd is rocking Peak sneakers? They must've given him all the gold in China, cos I'd never even heard of that brand before he started wearing them.

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

Why do you think J. Kidd is rocking Peak sneakers? They must've given him all the gold in China, cos I'd never even heard of that brand before he started wearing them.
I'm pretty sure that has more to do with the fact that he's washed up and Nike aint giving the same money he used to get, or they have no interest in him at all.

Back
Top Bottom