Global Warming protest gets FROZE by Snow-Storm. Hippies FTL.

[h1]Out With A Shiver: Global Warming Protest Frozen Out by Massive Snowfall[/h1] [h2]It was snowing irony in Washington on Monday when global warming activists descended on the District like a storm -- but got beaten to the punch by a blast of wintry weather that incapacitated the city.[/h2]
By Joseph Abrams

FOXNews.com

Monday, March 02, 2009

x
in order to recommend a story, you must login or register.

ShareThis

030209_climate2.jpg

Global warming protesters gather near the Capitol after a snowstorm dumped half a foot of snow on Washington, D.C. (Reuters).

PEOPLE WHO READ THIS...
Also read these stories:

Obama's High-Speed Internet Plan: Broadband or Boondoggle?

[2009-03-02]

highspeed internet plan broadband or boondoggle?, internet, broadband boondoggle?, obama's highspeed internet plan broadband or boondoggle?, »obama's highspeed internet plan broadband or boondoggle?

866 visitors also liked this.

Critics Question Obama's 'Fuzzy Math' on War Funding Estimates

[2009-03-02]

'fuzzy math' on war funding, gop obama's accounting for wars questionable, war, critics question obama's 'fuzzy math' on war funding estimates, gop

883 visitors also liked this.

Married Gays in Mass. Sue U.S. for Federal Benefits

[2009-03-03]

married gays in mass. sue u.s. for federal benefits, married gays sue for federal benefits, gay, u.s., obama

220 visitors also liked this.

Obama Will Sign Spending Bill Despite Earmarks

[2009-03-02]

obama to sign porkfilled spending bill, obama, bill, obama's bitter pill, enter the earmarks

3833 visitors also liked this.

RNC Chief Apologizes for Ripping Rush Limbaugh

[2009-03-02]

rnc chairman sorry for ripping rush limbaugh, rush, rnc, sorry, limbaugh

1469 visitors also liked this.

powered by Baynote

Global warming activists stormed Washington Monday for what was billed as the nation's largest act of civil disobedience to fight climate change -- only to see the nation's capital virtually shut down by a major winter storm.

Schools and businesses were shuttered, lawmakers cancelled numerous appearances and the city came to a virtual standstill as Washington was blasted with its heaviest snowfall of the winter.

It spelled about six inches of trouble for global warming activists who had hoped to swarm the Capitol by the thousands in an effort to force the government to close the Capitol Power Plant, which heats and cools a number of government buildings, including the Supreme Court and the Capitol.

The snowy scene, with temperatures in the mid-20s, was reminiscent of a day in January 2004, when Al Gore made a major address on global warming in New York -- on one of the coldest days in the city's history.

Protest organizers said about 2,500 people braved the blizzard to oppose greenhouse gas emissions, but the shroud of snow wasn't the only wet blanket in the nation's capital Monday.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who called on the architect of the Capitol to stop burning coal at the power plant last week, cancelled her appearance at the rally because her flight to Washington was cancelled.

Michelle Obama canned a public "Read Across America" event and HUD Secretary Shaun Donovan canceled a meeting with the Democratic Caucus because the members of Congress couldn't get to D.C. An honor cordon at the Pentagon for Afghanistan's defense minister also had to be called off.

Some protesters couldn't make it as dozens of flights in the area were delayed or called off, and some couldn't face the dangerous roads or blustery weather, leaving hundreds safe, if sorry, back at home.

One protester named Kat had planned to get arrested and be bailed out Monday but decided to stay put and donate her money to a good cause instead.

"I don't want to travel in the snow today. However, I am donating my bail money to fight mountaintop removal," she wrote to the Climate Action Web site.

Even marchers in gloves and parkas were wringing their hands to stay warm, and some protest leaders were having trouble providing updates on blog sites like Twitter.

"I admit, it's hard to tweet with cold hands!" wrote the author of the Capitol Climate Action Web site, who said the activists were "staying warm with a chant: 'Clean coal is a dirty lie.'"

The plant has been seized as a symbol of the government's energy excess, and the 99-year-old facility accounts for a third of the legislative branch's greenhouse gas emissions.

Protesters gathered earlier Monday in the Spirit of Justice Park near the Capitol and marched a few blocks to the power plant, where D.C. police set up a careful cordon.

In a press release supporting the protest, Greenpeace wrote that "coal is the country's biggest source of global warming pollution" and that "burning coal cuts short at least 24,000 lives in the U.S. annually."

On a blustery, frigid day, it might be worth noting the government's own stark numbers: pneumonia kills twice as many each year.

What a joke.

I always say this during these global warming discussion

Global warming is a misnomer, it's global climate change. Some parts of the earth will get colder and see more precipitation. And because it snoweddoesn't mean average temperatures aren't up the last few years.

This is a bit ironic I must admit but it doesn't mean anything.

Originally Posted by BwooDFolkGD74

what's a joke?

last week it was 60 degrees and i was playing ball in the park.

today not so much
ask yourself when was you more happy...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Global warming is a misnomer, it's global climate change. Some parts of the earth will get colder and see more precipitation. And because it snowed doesn't mean average temperatures aren't up the last few years.

Exactly.

People like fede and tbone think it's hilarious to run with funny headlines that fox news throws out, ignoring the fact that global warming is probablygoing to cause more snow rather than less. At least in the short term. Along with more hurricanes and other severe weather of the sort.

Global warming is a misnomer, it's global climate change. Some parts of the earth will get colder and see more precipitation. And because it snowed doesn't mean average temperatures aren't up the last few years.

100% true

Global warming is the biggest fraud perpetrated on the american public since one hour martinizing.

All right, then, to be correct, "climate change" is nonsense. Just a normal fluctuation exacerbated by mislabeled graphs and a fat formal vicepresident desperate for attention.

Originally Posted by blondsoccerplyr

Saw FoxNews.com in the headline and I stopped reading.
roll.gif

You know Fede & TBONE stay posting Drudge Report FX News articles trying to discredit someone or something.

Originally Posted by Munfy

All right, then, to be correct, "climate change" is nonsense. Just a normal fluctuation exacerbated by mislabeled graphs and a fat formal vice president desperate for attention.
O RLY? Are that many scientists wrong? Do scientists mislabel graphs that often? If this is the case we might as well discredit all scientificresearch all together.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Exactly.

People like fede and tbone think it's hilarious to run with funny headlines that fox news throws out, ignoring the fact that global warming is probably going to cause more snow rather than less. At least in the short term. Along with more hurricanes and other severe weather of the sort.
exactamundo

Climate and weather aren't the same.
Climate change should be measured over much longer time periods, so one cold day means nothing, just like one hot day means nothing.

Originally Posted by yep617

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Exactly.

People like fede and tbone think it's hilarious to run with funny headlines that fox news throws out, ignoring the fact that global warming is probably going to cause more snow rather than less. At least in the short term. Along with more hurricanes and other severe weather of the sort.
exactamundo

yeah but they're idiots so?

All right, then, to be correct, "climate change" is nonsense. Just a normal fluctuation exacerbated by mislabeled graphs and a fat formal vice president desperate for attention.
O RLY? Are that many scientists wrong? Do scientists mislabel graphs that often? If this is the case we might as well discredit all scientific research all together.
That many scientists do realize that the only way their research gets funding is if the government thinks the world will end. I don't thinkpeople are above manipulating data for fame, money, and in some cases political power.

People who care about the environment are hippies? LOL. You sound like a throwback from Leave it to Beaver or something.

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

O RLY? Are that many scientists wrong? Do scientists mislabel graphs that often? If this is the case we might as well discredit all scientific research all together.
That many scientists do realize that the only way their research gets funding is if the government thinks the world will end. I don't think people are above manipulating data for fame, money, and in some cases political power.
yeah, because warning the planet about it's environment, which is being destroyed, brings plenty of money, fame and political power....
eyes.gif

roll.gif
, kids say the darnedest things...

MUNFY HAS ME
roll.gif

I have this image of a group of scientists all receiving cash prizes, women and Lambos after faking data that the planet is gettingwarmer.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

That many scientists do realize that the only way their research gets funding is if the government thinks the world will end. I don't think people are above manipulating data for fame, money, and in some cases political power.
yeah, because warning the planet about it's environment, which is being destroyed, brings plenty of money, fame and political power....
eyes.gif

roll.gif
Your sarcarm epically fails because the statement was true.... The public didn't care about Al Gore or most of the scientists involved untilthey started this fad, hence the fame. Scientists not even involved in climate try to pile onto the bandwagon because funding is distributed mostly to thosewho are trying to avert some sort of ice age apocalypse. Politicians who run on platforms supported by climate change activism gain power. Why is that funny?

MUNFY HAS ME
roll.gif

I have this image of a group of scientists all receiving cash prizes, women and Lambos after faking data that the planet is getting warmer.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Skewing the statement into an absurdity doesn't prove anything. Try actually discussing the topic.

eyes.gif

roll.gif
Your sarcarm epically fails because the statement was true.... The public didn't care about Al Gore or most of the scientists involved until they started this fad, hence the fame. Scientists not even involved in climate try to pile onto the bandwagon because funding is distributed mostly to those who are trying to avert some sort of ice age apocalypse. Politicians who run on platforms supported by climate change activism gain power. Why is that funny?
LOL dude you're arguing against facts. The greenhouse effect is real and was established way before Gore started campaigning.Stop it guy.

LOL dude you're arguing against facts. The greenhouse effect is real and was established way before Gore started campaigning. Stop it guy.
Not all interpretations of the facts indicate the same thing. I found this graph and twenty more like it in ten minutes. If you call it a liethen why do we only trust the scientists that support you? Before I continue, just like to ask if you are an environmental scientist or the typical americanpublic school system graduate.
historical-temperature.jpg

LOL dude you're arguing against facts. The greenhouse effect is real and was established way before Gore started campaigning. Stop it guy.
Not all interpretations of the facts indicate the same thing. I found this graph and twenty more like it in ten minutes. If you call it a lie then why do we only trust the scientists that support you? Before I continue, just like to ask if you are an environmental scientist or the typical american public school system graduate.
historical-temperature.jpg

Dont use logic on NT. If a scientist says it it must be true. A scientist would NEVER do anything self serving...never.

Back
Top Bottom