Global Warming protest gets FROZE by Snow-Storm. Hippies FTL.

Originally Posted by Munfy

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

LOL dude you're arguing against facts. The greenhouse effect is real and was established way before Gore started campaigning. Stop it guy.
Not all interpretations of the facts indicate the same thing. I found this graph and twenty more like it in ten minutes. If you call it a lie then why do we only trust the scientists that support you? Before I continue, just like to ask if you are an environmental scientist or the typical american public school system graduate.
What does this have to do with anything?

And you didn't confront a point i made. Most of these finding were made before Al Gore's campaign, so this discredits your "Liberals trying toscare people into support" theory. Basically what you're trying to say is the Greenhouse effect is a myth.......
indifferent.gif

LOL dude you're arguing against facts. The greenhouse effect is real and was established way before Gore started campaigning. Stop it guy.
Not all interpretations of the facts indicate the same thing. I found this graph and twenty more like it in ten minutes. If you call it a lie then why do we only trust the scientists that support you? Before I continue, just like to ask if you are an environmental scientist or the typical american public school system graduate.
What does this have to do with anything?

And you didn't confront a point i made. Most of these finding were made before Al Gore's campaign, so this discredits your "Liberals trying to scare people into support" theory. Basically what you're trying to say is the Greenhouse effect is a myth.......
indifferent.gif
I was just checking about the scientist thing. I'm not either. The data they massaged was collected before Al Gore's campaign, but so wasthe opposition's information. The data wasn't new, but the selective presentation of it was.

Originally Posted by theone2401

Dont use logic on NT. If a scientist says it it must be true. A scientist would NEVER do anything self serving...never.
LOL I'll be the first to tell you that having a PhD doesn't mean people should listen to what you have to say. History hasshown that science can be influenced by politics, social movements eg. Nazi Germany and their Eugenics experiments. Many discoveries in astronomy (round earthand sun centered universe) were denied at first because those discoveries defied bible and christian faith.

Your argument:

Scientist have a political agenda similar to Al Gores. They want to scare people into following some absurd theory that the carbon emissions are bad for ourclimate and atmosphere.

My argument:

These discoveries were made before they had any political ramifications.

roll.gif
republicans ftl. dudes never stop looking like fools in global warming threads.

Yeah thats a pretty accurate summary of our stances. With the modification that the scientists might not even believe the same politics as Al Gore, they justbenefit in other ways by supporting him. And I wouldn't call them discoveries but interpretations. at least we understand each other.

I can honestly say Fede has been on the recieving end of so many backfired threads more than anyone in recent memory.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Sweet Jesus Christ, what is so difficult to understand?
Global warming is a misnomer, it's global climate change.

Yeah thats a pretty accurate summary of our stances. With the modification that the scientists might not even believe the same politics as Al Gore, they just benefit in other ways by supporting him. And I wouldn't call them discoveries but interpretations. at least we understand each other.
As a scientist I take offense to this. You're downplaying the effectiveness of the scientific method and basically saying theuse of biostatistics to discover whether data shows a phenomena is significant or not is flawed. The NIH funds clinical and scientific research in healthcarethat have led to cures and therapies for cancers, infections, neurodegenerative diseases and other chronic ailments. Clearly our government has faith in theability of scientists to properly interprete data.

U GET A STONEFACE
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom