God of Swag

this if you said my man jr. didn't have swag you just didn't watch him. dudes swag was on another level than the rest of the league than and now

Exactly dog. I grew up on baseball. There ain't been another Griffey. All these kids buying his shoes don't even know about him as a player.

Son Griffey has no personality, dudes think this thread is about soley talent and ability on the field.

Griffey was just a good player with popular kicks.

no personality?
clown comment bro

Kevin Martinez,

VP of Marketing

Junior at his best could really put a smile on your face. I remember the Turn Ahead the Clock Night — I believe it was '98. Everyone had done Turn Back the Clock; we had the idea, what if we went in the future. We'd always bounce ideas like that off the veteran guys; we bounced it off Ken. He got involved. He helped us pick the color of the uniform — brick red and black. He helped us design the look.

The day of the game arrives, and Henry Genzale has placed all the uniforms in the clubhouse. There were black vests with the logo exploded on it in a brick-red color, and they had brick-red sleeves to wear underneath. I show up at the park and go to the clubhouse. It's in the afternoon. There's Ken, who's got his uniform already on, and he's got these silver Nike shoes that were made special for the game. He's painted his glove silver, and he's cut the sleeves on the jersey.

I go up to him and said, "Junior, what's going on? The shoes are terrific, and the glove." He's like, "Oh yeah, this is going to be great. We're wearing our caps backward and our shirts untucked." I said, "You can't do that. You can't wear shirts untucked." He said, something like, "That's where you're wrong. We have precedent. The White Sox in the early '70s wore their shirts untucked and shorts." I said, "You have me there." I said, "Caps backward, that's not right." He said, "We're going into the future; everything's right."

He proceeds to run around the clubhouse. We had a third baseman named Rico Rossi. Junior starts spray-painting his shoes. Rico's just happy Junior is talking to him, I think. Next thing you know, Jay had dyed his goatee red for the game, to match the color of the uniform. They're running around the clubhouse spray-painting shoes. It was so much fun.

Sure enough, first inning, guy hits a ball in the gap, and there's Junior running with his cap on backward, silver shoes, shirt flapping in the wind, and makes a signature Junior grab up against wall. The phone rang in the press box. [Public relations director] Dave Aust picks it up. It's a producer at ESPN who's logging our game; he's says, "What in the world is going on in Seattle tonight?"

LuckyLuchiano seems like one of those guys who loves to hear themselves talk. Saying Griff had no personality? Your words hold no weight homie

Bruh avg kid from urban areas aint into baseball at all thats for NYC cats and suburban cats, all we care about is hooping and football. Tell me what is Griff known for that is not baseball related? He was not a Larger than Life persona, he is on the same plane as Jordan.

Son Griffey has no personality, dudes think this thread is about soley talent and ability on the field.

Griffey was just a good player with popular kicks.

LuckyLuchiano seems like one of those guys who loves to hear themselves talk. Saying Griff had no personality? Your words hold no weight homie

Bruh avg kid from urban areas aint into baseball at all thats for NYC cats and suburban cats, all we care about is hooping and football. Tell me what is Griff known for that is not baseball related? He was not a Larger than Life persona, he is on the same plane as Jordan.
:stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface:
I'm Dominican, I've been playing baseball since I was 5 and this is one of the stupidest statements I've heard on this board in a while. Now you're just talking out of your ***.
Just, shut up.

View media item 249056

Last edited:
no personality?
clown comment bro

Kevin Martinez,

VP of Marketing

Junior at his best could really put a smile on your face. I remember the Turn Ahead the Clock Night — I believe it was '98. Everyone had done Turn Back the Clock; we had the idea, what if we went in the future. We'd always bounce ideas like that off the veteran guys; we bounced it off Ken. He got involved. He helped us pick the color of the uniform — brick red and black. He helped us design the look.

The day of the game arrives, and Henry Genzale has placed all the uniforms in the clubhouse. There were black vests with the logo exploded on it in a brick-red color, and they had brick-red sleeves to wear underneath. I show up at the park and go to the clubhouse. It's in the afternoon. There's Ken, who's got his uniform already on, and he's got these silver Nike shoes that were made special for the game. He's painted his glove silver, and he's cut the sleeves on the jersey.

I go up to him and said, "Junior, what's going on? The shoes are terrific, and the glove." He's like, "Oh yeah, this is going to be great. We're wearing our caps backward and our shirts untucked." I said, "You can't do that. You can't wear shirts untucked." He said, something like, "That's where you're wrong. We have precedent. The White Sox in the early '70s wore their shirts untucked and shorts." I said, "You have me there." I said, "Caps backward, that's not right." He said, "We're going into the future; everything's right."

He proceeds to run around the clubhouse. We had a third baseman named Rico Rossi. Junior starts spray-painting his shoes. Rico's just happy Junior is talking to him, I think. Next thing you know, Jay had dyed his goatee red for the game, to match the color of the uniform. They're running around the clubhouse spray-painting shoes. It was so much fun.

Sure enough, first inning, guy hits a ball in the gap, and there's Junior running with his cap on backward, silver shoes, shirt flapping in the wind, and makes a signature Junior grab up against wall. The phone rang in the press box. [Public relations director] Dave Aust picks it up. It's a producer at ESPN who's logging our game; he's says, "What in the world is going on in Seattle tonight?"
:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: Griffey was the man. When I was a youngn I used to rock his jersey, and the smallest Mariners fitted available (which still didn't fit), like 3-4 days a week in the summer :lol:. Are there any videos of that last paragraph? I really can't recall seeing that, I was probably in my single digit age :lol:.

Deion had his own shoe (that people still go crazy over)
His own video game
Music video that got airplay (no other athlete is/was doing that)
Was actually GOOD at both sports he played
Won championships
Was the star on some teams he played on
Was super fresh in apparel and jewelry
Created a TD dance that people to this day still emulate
Had one of the best HOF speeches ever

And you guys say a soccer player that wasnt even the best guy on the field and a Herb that has a lot of money has more "swag" than him. Easy to tell who has the real "swag" outside of the internet.

Them soccer players are more known because they play a global sport but that still doesn't mean swag ain't no swagger out soccer players

Kobe officially ended the era of athlete / music entertainer by teaming up with Tyra and performing to an audience of kids.

quality of the vid is so bad bc its literally erasing itself from history.

Last edited:
Deion was def living

and Jordan and Griffey both had charisma

clothes and chains don't equal swag

that means you have an over the top personality

swag just means people are drawn to you based off your demeanor

with that said Deion had the over the top personality and was charismatic which put him in a dif light

Leon Sandcastle
pimp.gif
Beat me to it lol

Back
Top Bottom