God Speaking To You. I Have A Question About This

I am not here to offend anyone.

My question is this.

When someone says, "God told me _____" do they actually HEAR a voice speaking to them that they believe is God or is it simply their conscious talking to them?

until the day god speaks to me, I refuse to believe other's claims of god speaking to them. This includes the bible, prophet muhammad, ect.

It's a combination of their conscious plus them using God's name to try to further validate what is really just their own opinion, since nobody is going to argue with God. It's hilarious when they are wrong though, which I have seen many a time.

Some people use this out of context though just to get people to bend to their will
grin.gif

I believe a few pastors of those mega churches do this to get more $ out of their members to maintain a lavish lifestyle.

some people express it like it was for real tho, I think its the pentecostales (sp?)

Im Not You wrote:
God = Your Conscious
Some people believe your conscious is a part of a channel to a higher being or outer/higher collective consciousness.
I'm sure whatever they hear isn't a regular voice, but something that communicates directly to their intuition.
This is only for the truly spiritually inclined. They would hear this connection.
Not some loud mouth money hungry pastor dead set on lining up ppl to drop bills in a bucket, I'm sure that voice would be his accountant.

Originally Posted by OGbobbyjohnson773

Originally Posted by henz0

Originally Posted by ShoxBb433

until the day god speaks to me, I refuse to believe other's claims of god speaking to them. This includes the bible, prophet muhammad, ect.

Sup.
laugh.gif

anyways it takes different forms, depending on the individual.  i know some people claim it in the literal.

i'm a spiritual person, and sometimes i feel like when i was lost or just really questioning some things G-d - the universe, an all mighty deity, whatever you'd like to call it - has put me in a position where the answer or solution was made so obvious or even just came to me so serendipitously that i couldn't help but feel like there was a guide.

i think when people talk about being spoken to it's just them trying to explain this phenomenon that could be as simple as a plain old coincidence or (if you believe sometimes as i do) a sign of a greater presence.

i think of it as a tool to draw people in to build a better relationship with God

God "speaking" or his words are the principles and teachings of the bible...(using Christianity as an example)

when ppl say God spoke to them it could mean they felt the power of the word in that situation or what have you

at least thats what I think

God has spoken to Most people and they dont even know it's him, Speaking to your Heart and by Using others at times.........Have people heard the audible voice of God? sure, Ive talked to many people who said they have but it's tuff because without a realationship with him it's hard for that to happen, he has talked to the sinner/lost in the Bible but it was always for a biger reason then SUP.
If you want to hear from God just to hear fromn God it's not gonna happen, or for him to Proove himself it's not gonna happen, he speaks to your heart in knowing you and having a realationship with you, it's like your Dad and your Mom trying to help you out with something, you might listen to them more then the stranger on the street because they know you, so he speaks to the heart more then anything because he knows what you heart feels..........Religion isnt what God asked for and people dont get that.......he asked for a realationship with him

sooperhooper wrote:
it's something like an idea, mixed with a gut feeling, and also a pure feeling in your heart.
exactly
I don't understand how ppl live their lives without having any access to these things.
Spirituality is not just some "religious" affiliation, routine church sit ins, or even a basic mindset.
If we just listened to ourselves/ "conscious" more, there would be less questioning and more of an opportunity to achieve what we can as beings.
Humans.. smh.
laugh.gif

Conscience

But I think whatever is morally acceptable or the "right" thing to do is what your mind will lead you to. And I think many times people say that God told them that. I don't know if I can ever fully subscribe to the idea that God is talking to me. Not knocking anyone

Originally Posted by ONHOLLOWEDGROUND821

God has spoken to Most people and they dont even know it's him, Speaking to your Heart and by Using others at times.........Have people heard the audible voice of God? sure, Ive talked to many people who said they have but it's tuff because without a realationship with him it's hard for that to happen, he has talked to the sinner/lost in the Bible but it was always for a biger reason then SUP.
If you want to hear from God just to hear fromn God it's not gonna happen, or for him to Proove himself it's not gonna happen, he speaks to your heart in knowing you and having a realationship with you, it's like your Dad and your Mom trying to help you out with something, you might listen to them more then the stranger on the street because they know you, so he speaks to the heart more then anything because he knows what you heart feels..........Religion isnt what God asked for and people dont get that.......he asked for a realationship with him

Bravo...

here are some of the things that god has said to me:

'hey lobotomybeats, i saw what you wrote in that religion thread. honestly, I agree with you...I am a prick'

'bet on Grandma's Mustache for The Preakness.'

'hey did you hear the one about the priest, the rabbi? both are sitting on a bench when they see a little boy walk by. the priest says 'hey let's go screw that little boy'. the rabbi says 'out of what?'

'dude, did you see what i did to all of those heathen Haitians? lol'

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

here are some of the things that god has said to me:

'hey lobotomybeats, i saw what you wrote in that religion thread. honestly, I agree with you...I am a prick'

'bet on Grandma's Mustache for The Preakness.'

'hey did you hear the one about the priest, the rabbi? both are sitting on a bench when they see a little boy walk by. the priest says 'hey let's go screw that little boy'. the rabbi says 'out of what?'

'dude, did you see what i did to all of those heathen Haitians? lol'
Your comedy is a jar, insert laughter.

Anyway, DC I think it could be God speaking through their conscious. You ever had that feeling of something telling you to do or not do something? I think that's it.

Back
Top Bottom