Goin To Chi Town! What to see?

Going to be in chi town oct 7-9th. 

Whats some good spots to see?  

Sneaker spots, poetry jazz clubs, urban areas where people chill...I don't wanna be all up in the tourist stuff.

Sneaker Spots I would suggest would be st Alfred, leaders 1354, and succezz. There are a few more but I want to be correct with the name but I'll let you know.

^ going next weekend too, for my 2 year anniversary with my wife. gonna hit up Wrigley and watch my Giants take on the Cubs :pimp:
what other tourist sites, restaurants, and must see's can you guys recommend?

Portillos, Giordanos, Gino's East, Al's Italian Beef, Gene & Judes, Just some food places I can list off the top of my head.

Stores to check out would be: St. Alfred's, RSVP Gallery, Restock Chicago, Leaders, Succezz, & obviously Nike Chicago. 

there is a murakami exhibit at the Chicago museum of contemporary art that's been very popular... Not sure when that ends. (the guy that designed Kanye west's graduation cover art)

state st in the loop has quite a few shoe stores all clumped together - not sure if any are worth the time, tho i know the Jordan store in Chicago is a popular place to stop by.

Everyone hits up portillos at least once in Chicago... The one in river north.

if you are into ralph lauren: Worlds largest ralph lauren store is on Michigan ave, and the first ever ralph lauren restaurant ("RL") is just around corner on Chicago Ave.

one of two permanent Hamilton productions is in Chicago (the other obviously the original in New York)... Tickets will be pricey thru reseller but if you wanted to see it....

if you are into retro arcades (aka 1980s style) the biggest old school arcade is in the near-west burbs "ghost arcade" in Brookfield.

you asked for jazz, but if you like blues... Can stop by Buddy Guy's place in south loop.

Back
Top Bottom