Going for walks is dope.

Man, one time my car wouldn't start when I was leaving the gym and I was mad as all hell. I didn't even call anyone I just started walking home (2 miles). I walked this route that I would take when I was really little. Man I was walking and remembering all this stuff and it brought a smile to my face and lifted me up so much. I also realized that it had been YEARS since I really walked anywhere. Anyways, yes, walks are dope. I live in Utah and the mountains are
eek.gif
. Ain't nothing like going up there and clearing your mind
pimp.gif

Yeah, it is nice, especially when I'm a bit aggravated. I prefer walks in the evening over morning walks.

I don't do it nearly as much as I'd like to, though.

Originally Posted by starzinoureyes

i always wanted to go on a hiking trail but the constant fear of getting abducted has prevented me from doing so.
one day........
smh.gif

You don't have any dudes that would walk with you?

Walks are nice but personally I prefer bike riding. When the snow melts I'll be fixing up my bike and exploring my borough.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

i always wanted to go on a hiking trail but the constant fear of getting abducted has prevented me from doing so.
one day........
smh.gif

truth be told, i can't stand anyone long enough to be able to walk/talk for upwards of an hour.. woe is me 

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Man yall suck!!!!!!!
frown.gif

Making me miss Hawaii, and how the family used to light fire sticks on the beach in the middle of the night. And we would all just tell jokes or cuddle with our love ones!

The beach was practically our backyard! Waking up in 6 in the morning to hear the sun rise and catch the glimpse of the pink/orange/purple sky, and open the sliding door so you're dogs can come running out to the sand.

lanikai-sunrise-mokuluas.jpg

moonrise-diamond-head.jpg

waikiki-full-moon.jpg

watching-sunset-waikiki.jpg

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
nice.

DCAllAmerican wrote:

starzinoureyes wrote:

one day........
smh.gif

truth be told, i can't stand anyone long enough to be able to walk/talk for upwards of an hour.. woe is me 

maybe, you're the rapist everyone should be scared off.

Originally Posted by HigherGround

DCAllAmerican wrote:

starzinoureyes wrote:

one day........
smh.gif

maybe, you're the rapist everyone should be scared off.
laugh.gif

Absolutly agree, except I go running instead of walks most of the time. My favorite is walks at night in the summer, just the other night I was out walking my dog and it was fairly warm out with a full moon and mostly clear sky. The moon was looking huge and reflecting off the clouds, I just chilled on a bench for a while spacing out enjoying those rare moments this time of year here in Oregon.

one day........
smh.gif
Same here. I always want to go for a walk by myself but i'm so scared to, especially in my neighborhood. If i get a rottweiler i just might do it...but then i'd be scared someone would run him over or steal him something, idk. Or he'll be a big baby and not protect me if i need to be protected.

- I rollerblade through Philly in
fpsLogo.gif

[font=century schoolbook, courier]Over 9,200 acrescomprise Philadelphia's Fairmount Park, making it America's largesturban park system. (For comparison's sake, New York's Central Park is843 acres.) Dating back to the American Revolution, when patriot andstatesman Robert Morris purchased the land that is now Lemon Hill, thePark and the Schuylkill River running through its heart have beendesirable locations for city dwellers.[/font]

[font=century schoolbook, courier]Charles Dickensmarveled at the Fairmount Waterworks. Ulysses S Grant helped Americacelebrate its Centennial at Memorial Hall. The country's first Zooopened in 1874 and remains still at 34th & Girard. Rocky Balboabrought a world class Art Museum to an audience of sports fans bysimply climbing its steps. Tony Hawk even paid homage to a thick Phillytradition of skateboarding by including JFK Plaza (Love Park) in hisPro Skater video game [/font]

http://phillyskyline.com/fairmountpark/index.htm
http://phillyskyline.com/fairmountpark/index.htm

Cover_page.jpg

fp_hikesign.jpg

kelly_promontory.jpg

wallpaper_090529c.jpg

wallpaper_090630d.jpg

20091002221616%21HenryAvenueBridge.jpg

Ive been trying to convince my brothers to go hiking in the Everglades but they're too shook
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Rawk On

one day........
smh.gif
Same here. I always want to go for a walk by myself but i'm so scared to, especially in my neighborhood. If i get a rottweiler i just might do it...but then i'd be scared someone would run him over or steal him something, idk. Or he'll be a big baby and not protect me if i need to be protected.
roll.gif

the two of you sound like little girls

take a walk or hop on my bike with my ipod and forget about life for a good hour or 2

Can't really say I'm a fan of nature trials and what not but I walk everywhere in cities unless its like 5 miles or inclement weather.

I agree. I try to do this once a week. It's amazing what it'll do to your mood and your mind. I usually bring my camera to take pics, too.

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

I don't see how anyone could have a bad day if they went for a walk prior. It's guaranteed to boost your mood.

Find a nature trail near you and take advantage.

walking_trail.jpg
Once you hit that first shadow it's a done deal.

^ same here.. I like walkin around downtown especially if its nice or decent weather outside while bumpin my music or sometimes even w/o music.

Back
Top Bottom