going to a padres game

im going to a padres game for the first time in a few weeks...just wondering how is the sstuff at the team shop? expensive? also whats good to eat there...im from los angeles so obviously dodgers have the dodger dogs just curious what someone can recommend over there thanx

don't worry man, petco is beautiful.

right in the heart of downtown SD - you got gaslamp right there and plenty of places to grub.

Yeah, apparel at the team shop is pricey. But they've got some nice gear. We've even got a corner at the shop for the Nike Padres apparel if that matters.

As far as food goes at Petco, we have a Ruby's Diner there now. I highly recommend the Karl Strauss Garlic Fries, if you don't mind your breath getting funky though. lol.

Also, if you want to get some food prior to the game, and try our famous Carne Asada Fries, check out Lolitas by The Park. Which is right across from Petco.

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

Also, if you want to get some food prior to the game, and try our famous Carne Asada Fries, check out Lolitas by The Park. Which is right across from Petco.
eek.gif

now that's sick!  CAF prior or right after the game? 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

I still need to make my way out to SD for the OG triple OG.....

Petco is a personal favorite

I don't think their food is anything special as opposed to Angel Stadium and ATT, but it's good.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Petco is a personal favorite

I don't think their food is anything special as opposed to Angel Stadium and ATT, but it's good.

you must not have gone to Rubios...+ the garlic fries and all the places to eat downtown...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The absolute best Garlic fries i've had of all the CA ball parks is , sadly enough, in Anaheim. Their are top notch.

The ones in SD are like the ones in LA like the ones in SF. They're good, and I love em, but mehhhhhhh. None are touching the fries in Anaheim
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

The absolute best Garlic fries i've had of all the CA ball parks is , sadly enough, in Anaheim. Their are top notch.

The ones in SD are like the ones in LA like the ones in SF. They're good, and I love em, but mehhhhhhh. None are touching the fries in Anaheim
laugh.gif
werd?

man I had a terrible experience at the big A in terms of food in the pre-Arte Moreno days.  I try to get to a handful of Angels games each season but since that one day I don't mess with the regular stadium fare.  All I ever get at the big A is Carls Jr., peanuts, and booze.  I might need to come out of retirement and try the fries next game I go to.

Seriously bro.

Trust me when I say that I wouldn't give the Angels praise if it wasn't warranted
laugh.gif

Hit up the Rubys in LF for the fries, then go to the outdoor grill behind the fountain for a 1 (or is it 2?) lb dog, and get a blue moon or XX in the same spot.
smokin.gif

I know I know, Rubys in SD sells Garlic Fries too, but they are NOT the same, not even close. Even different fries too.

The Karl Strauss Garlic Fries are the best fries at Petco, but they're not all that.

They make em better at the actual restaurant than at Petco.

Ill cosign with my dude Cinco, Angels Stadium got it on lock for grub at the actual park.

Back
Top Bottom