Going to France in Jan

Did a 2 hour bus tour, joint was dopppeee and shows you everything you wanna see in 2 hours

Damn steezy you always take some great shots man.

As for Paris just go back 2 weeks ago. Fell in love with the place

- I highly recommend staying in Le Marais. It’s surrounded by cafes, bars, restaurants, and boutiques. (Its what I compare to as the Soho of Paris) it’s also a great way to live more like a local and less like a tourist.
- we literally woke up to some guy playing the accordion and singing outside the window.
- get some falafels in Fallafel Row close by
- and Crepes at Breizh cafe
- Supreme and the Nike Boutique are in this neighborhood as well

- Notre dame was a small St Patrick’s cathedral imo but if you must go to the top (make sure you’re ready to climb stairs) register at the machine on the side and you’ll get a time on when you can come back without waiting. The top also has amazing views of all of Paris including the Eeifel and Sacre Couer from afar

- Louvre is a must, I can stare at those paintings all day long.
- Jardin des Tuileries is right outside ale Louvee also beautiful park with the statues and flowers

- Catch a caberet... the wife wanted to and I chose Le Crazy Horse. It’s a mordern take on your Moulin Rouge with more nudity and some crazy sick lighting, effects, projection mapping on the dancers, and choreography from the dancers

- spend some time sneaker shopping. Nice thing was all the big boutiques are close to each other: Shinzo, SnS, Oquim, etc

- Angelina’s for their hot chocolate -nothing like you’ve had before it’s literally liquid chocolate

- if you could go outside of Paris take the 1-2 hour train ride to the Chateaus. Worth the trip if you’re a History nerd like me

.. I’ll continue more once I remember the other spots

Thanks so much fellas! :nthat::nthat:
Really appreciate all the tips out here. I'm def gonna hit all the touristy spots and try to get tickets to the top of the eiffel tower.

Was thinking about going right before sunset so I could see that and paris lit up at night in one shot. I know the line is gonna be ridiculous but I'm prepared. How long should I be prepared for? An hour or two?

I'll be out there solo so maybe i'll meet a wifey there :lol: Did ya'll stay in a hotel or air bnb it? I'll look into air bnbs at Le Marais and see what I can find.

I stood in an Airbnb in the 17th arrondissament, a tiny and quite street, near a bunch of cafes and the Metro, also not too far from the red district of Paris....paid 440$ for 4 days, hotels can get wild expensive bro, so if you going alone I highly recommend an Airbnb, getting around Paris is EASY, Uber works like a charm and you don’t need to speak the language, although most people actually did speak English....i wanted to hit up the purple and orange BBall courts they have, but didn’t have time, you might enjoy it!..I’ll keep checking back on you...here is the link to the Airbnb i got, it was hella tiny, well the bathroom was, but you are going solo, so I’m sure is enough, hella charming.

https://abnb.me/bDP2jWrwkR

I was looking at all the Tellys with a view of the Eiffel and then joints were at least 400$ a night :rofl:

went to Europe in june/july. I went to paris and a few cities in italy. Paris' train & bus system is so simple to use. I live in LA and never used public transportation before. Getting there I was intimidated but its so simple to use. just remember google maps is your friend, it will tell you specifically to the detail what to do and how to get to places.

I suggest going Montparnasse tower, go during sunset you will see the whole city light up before your eyes. Versailles was incredible too! and I def suggest going up sacre coeur. I started from the top went inside the church then made my way down. Oh and if you go to the Louvre check out whats hanging directly across the mona lisa. Its a million times better than the mona lisa

I hit up disneyland paris, but I was disappointed. I'm a Disney employee so I got in free but the park just felt like it was missing something. it felt forced

Was thinking about going right before sunset so I could see that and paris lit up at night in one shot.
forgot to quote you but look into montparnasse to see the whole city light up you can even get an amazing sight of the Eiffel tower lit up.

The more I plan out my visit I'm realizing paris is just one giant museum :lol: I'm not really about that museum life so it looks like I'll have a lot of spare time left over to just walk around the streets and just soak it all in.

The more I plan out my visit I'm realizing paris is just one giant museum :lol: I'm not really about that museum life so it looks like I'll have a lot of spare time left over to just walk around the streets and just soak it all in.

Nah bro, Paris is allllll about the art and architecture, you have to visit the sights...otherwise I’m not really sure is worth it, wondering the streets is cool to do after, but the main sights you MUST DO

When I was in Paris, I did zero museums and I don't regret it at all. Just didn't want to spend hours seeing art that I've seen my whole life. Tourist sights are a must especially old architecture but I went during winter so maybe going when its peak season would piss me off with all the people. The stuff I enjoyed the most though was just chilling at spots, eating and drinking wine and people watching with the locals. I am sure that is not everyone's cup of tea but that slow life seemed nice for once.

i was planning on taking a trip to paris sometime soon... do you really need to know the language when your there? I dont know any french and can only speak english

^^^^You'll be fine but a little French can go a long way though. Worst case, get Google Translate on your phone.

Nah bro, Paris is allllll about the art and architecture, you have to visit the sights...otherwise I’m not really sure is worth it, wondering the streets is cool to do after, but the main sights you MUST DO

When I was in Paris, I did zero museums and I don't regret it at all. Just didn't want to spend hours seeing art that I've seen my whole life. Tourist sights are a must especially old architecture but I went during winter so maybe going when its peak season would piss me off with all the people. The stuff I enjoyed the most though was just chilling at spots, eating and drinking wine and people watching with the locals. I am sure that is not everyone's cup of tea but that slow life seemed nice for once.

I'm definitely going to hit the touristy spots first before wandering off, big bus tour should take care of most of them. Just not trying to spend hours in a museum especially since I only have three days there. I really wanted to go inside the louvre but considering how massive it is I might lose track of time and spend hours in there. Doing the night tour on the big bus to see all of the lights.

My hotel in Pigalle was like $160 US for 2 nights.

Going back to London in 2 weeks, cant wait.

man i just got back from doing a week in london last week man i gotta say London was dope. I will be going back when its warm even tho it wasnt that cold this december to me.

But man i been following this thread for a minute now and taking notes. I booked my hotel in Barcy Paris.

I will be there first week of march 2019 any idea how the weather will be?

I love France, make it a point to visit every year. Paris is one of my favorite cities in the world, also like to frequent Nice and St.-Tropez. Prefer d'Orsay to the Louvre and Sacre-Coeur to Notre Dame. Usually stay in Saint-Germain-des-Pres. Quiet enough neighborhood, where I can jog along the Seine or walk to Champs-Elysees for shopping.

Booked my hotel in Louvre Tuileries using my cc points. Excited to be out there, just need to plan another trip with friends in the summer so it isn't so damn expensive :lol:

Back
Top Bottom