Going to L.A. this weekend. Need places to eat/go

Sup NT, I'm heading to L.A. for an annual Toyota Fest event on held on Saturday May 12. I will be arriving on Friday afternoon and leaving Sunday morning. Can you guys tell me where the spots are in terms of:

1. Hang outs/Lounges
2. Clubs (preferrably hip hop/house/drum bass)
3. Fancy Restaurants
4. Site seeing/tourist spots (Except for all the major theme parks)

All your help is appreciated. Thanks!

Check out Mai Tai bar down in Long Beach by Shoreline Drive. Reggae band on Friday nights, cheap drinks, chill atmosphere.
You can also check out the Yard House and Aquarium around that area.

When I have out of towners come in, I usually take the group out to the Melting Pot either in Irvine or Pasadena.
www.meltingpot.com/
Team Economics
From Ehrlich to Keynes, we know what's up.

Underestimating the tonacity of the soft spoken is the equivalency of minuting the out come of a bear in a lion's den....​

when you say fancy restaurants are you talking about good food? celebrity sighting spots? hot/trendy spots (very hipsterish)? all of the above? let me know what youre lookin for and I will see what I can come up with
UFC 60 Gracie v. Hughes​
Quote:
HAHAHAHA for all those who think that Gracie is gonna win, care to do a Sig bet (i know its lame, but i guess we cant really bet in person) Loser must keep a SIG made by the winner for a month. Anyone game?
NTer tinkerhatfield: aite im game...but youre like 4 sizes too small for me....i have some sz 12 retro ix's i'll definitely put up tho..

Thanks Guys!

Quote:
when you say fancy restaurants are you talking about good food? celebrity sighting spots? hot/trendy spots (very hipsterish)? all of the above? let me know what youre lookin for and I will see what I can come up with
:D
happy.gif

Quote:
When I have out of towners come in, I usually take the group out to the Melting Pot either in Irvine or Pasadena.

The Melting Pot looks very appealing, we will definitely have to keep that one in mind for either Friday or Saturday night. Thanks!

go to Ago's on melrose near la cienga after you hit up all the melrose/fairfax spots...the last time i was there I saw jessica simpson, jon lovitz and a fat 32 oz porterhouse

if you hit up the melting pot, its extremely important that you make a reservation in advance. even with reservations i end up waiting like 30-45 min. I never tried nor plan on trying to go without a res. im too fat to wait that long to eat.

some spots that i like (might not necesarily be celeb sightings spots though)

Table 8 on Melrose
Doug Arango's in W. Hollywood
Cobras and Matadors (tapas joint near the Grove... kinda)
Hungry Cat (specialize in raw shellfish if youre into that... its on Hollywood and Vine - I guess you could call it pseudo celebrity watching, last time i was there Marlon Wayans was gettin busy with some buttaface (but smokin body) chick, Kirsten Dunst was sittin at the table next to us)

There are tons more. A buncha good spots to eat on La Cienega, N. of Wilshire (like Lawrys, Stinking Rose, Fogo de Chao, etc...) Also check out restaurants in some of the nicer LA hotels, I think Asia de Cuba is at the Mondrian. If you're into good sushi theres a handful of top notch sushi joints.

UFC 60 Gracie v. Hughes​
Quote:
HAHAHAHA for all those who think that Gracie is gonna win, care to do a Sig bet (i know its lame, but i guess we cant really bet in person) Loser must keep a SIG made by the winner for a month. Anyone game?
NTer tinkerhatfield: aite im game...but youre like 4 sizes too small for me....i have some sz 12 retro ix's i'll definitely put up tho..

Thanks guys...all of these places sound very interesting. I appreciate the info. I'm heading out there in the morning. Can't wait! :D
happy.gif

never been there but it was featured in entourage so it must be good. mastros
For Sale / For Trade:
DS 11 Destroyer Dunk
DS 11 Doerenbecher Charity Dunk
DS 10.5 OLNL Jordan I Package

Wanted in 10.5 or 11 DS:
Grape V, Stealth V, Air Max 90 Infrared, Korea AF1, Holland AF1

Larchmont Village Wine Spirits & Cheese
223 North Larchmont Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA

This place has some awesome sandwiches. I go every weekend without fail when I'm down in LA at school. It's closed on Sundays but open the rest of the week.
TEAM SF GIANTS
TEAM WARRIORS
Azubuike - Barnes - Biedrins - Cabarkapa - Davis - Ellis - Foyle
Harrington - Jackson - Jasikevicius - O'Bryant - Pietrus - Powell - Richardson

mastros has the best damn bone in ribeye in LA. and last time i went to the location in beverly hills there must have been someone famous inside eating since the restaurant staff were trying to push aside all these paprazzi with cameras away from the entrance doors so people could go in and out of the restaurant.
I DO NOT HAVE ANY SHOES FOR SALE!

hmmm..i remember after every car meet (bunch of toyota guys), we end up going to banana bay in rowland heights.

and doh, i heard Lexus brought out the IS-F too :frown:
frown.gif

^
o damn I've eaten at banana bay before, its in an asian shopping center right
"How you gonna say I eat 9 burritos, I ain't never ate no 9 burritos man"

XBOX360 GT:DZ661

Back
Top Bottom