Going to New York either today or tomorrow.

I'm just going with a couple of my boys.

We don't have any kind of plan, just... going. We don't know if we're going to get a hotel or drive back; we don't even know where in New York we're headed, just one of those things. :lol:
laugh.gif

I've never been to New York, so I'd like to see all the popular stuff (Times Square, Liberty, etc.), but I know it would be costly as @#%$ to stay in an area like that if we do decide to stay.

I guess I'm making this post to get any kind of ideas. I'm not worried about finding something to get into, but maybe you NY dudes know something to do under the radar, something that isn't real typical/popular.

Also, what area would be cheapest to stay in, but still close to all the good @#%$?

Thanks y'all.

:pimp:
pimp.gif

TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
whywesteppin 23ska909red02 KingLouisXIV DS 530s Finest sir hendrix Rexanglorum Kiddin Like Jason

Go meet mayor of nyc :lol:
laugh.gif
:smh:
smh.gif

TEAMlateNIGHT
I Never Sleep​
Sleep is The Cousin of Death

Cleveland.
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
whywesteppin 23ska909red02 KingLouisXIV DS 530s Finest sir hendrix Rexanglorum Kiddin Like Jason

First of all NYC is all about walking, walking, walking, and walking.

Some pansies are going to tell you to go shopping but you can go shopping anywhere. @#%$ I can't think of anywhere in NYC that hasn't been ravaged by tourists. But on the top of my mind you can walk across the Brooklyn Bridge, you definitely have to visit Coney Island since they're gonna tear it down and turn it into Disneyland this year, and take a ride on the Staten Island ferry (free).

Don't eat pizza at Sbarro.
April 23 1848
Rebecca died of typhoid.

EVERYONE IN YOUR PARTY HAS DIED. MANY WAGONS FAIL TO MAKE IT ALL THE WAY TO OREGON. DO YOU WANT TO WRITE YOUR EPITAPH?

^ :lol:
laugh.gif
at don't eat pizza at Sbarro

That's my favorite pizza place to hit up when I'm in NYC...the one in Times Sq :lol:
laugh.gif

We have Sbarro here too, I don't really recall anything good or bad about it.
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE

As for the shopping, shoes and stuff... freshnessmag.com has a good guide.

- Coney Island is a must.
- Go to the Bronx Zoo on any besides a Wednesday (It's 'Suggested Donation' on Wednesdays so EVERYONE and their momma goes)
- Junior's in Brooklyn
- Chill @ Flushing Meadows Park in Queens.
- Ride the S.I. Ferry as someone mentioned.
- Visit the museums (Brooklyn Museum of Art, MoMA, American Museum of Natural History, etc). They're all 'suggested donation' so you can pay .50 to get in.
- Do the touristy stuff; Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty (Ellis Island), Ground Zero.
- Go drinking.

TEAM
Google​
We're Feeling Lucky​

Eating at a pizza chain like Sbarro is a waste of time if you're in NY, cause there's so many mom and pop's that make better pizza.

best pizza in the city, imo, Gabi's in Hollis Queens. obviously, i got some hometown bias, and don't expect you to schlep all the way out there, but just throwing it out there

I'm sorry, "suggested donation"? Meaning I can choose to pay or not?
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE

P.S. This thread is a prime example of why the Regional Forums are awful. I guarantee if this stayed in General, it would be on at least a third page by now.
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE

Back
Top Bottom