Going to NYC this weekend

OP not trying to see hood boogers
Mets games are likely going to get rained out with Joaquin passing through. The weather is going to stink for the next few days so buy an umbrella.
If you're into sneakers, check out the Sneaker Culture exhibit at the Brooklyn Museum. The exhibit ends on the 4th. While you're in Brooklyn, check out the historic Louis H Pink Houses. Some of the finest post war architecture in the city. Linden's Pizza and Ribs is some of the best food you'll eat while here.
Stay away from Times Square. It is a headache and not worth the hassle. The restaurants there are what you would have in your city.

Thanks for suggestions everybody. Where can I get the best view of the NYC skyline?

Any more recommendations on food/bars lounges or events? Will be there october 10-11

interested in seeing a rooftop bar and suggestions?

Last edited:
There's also a really good dim sum spot in Chinatown if you're down to make a 25 min journey. I forgot the name, but local NYCers might be able to help out here; I'm sure it's well known cause the walls are plastered with pictures of celebrities eating there and posing with the staff. Service was awful but the food was good and cheap :lol:

Wo Hop? Best basement food in NYC :pimp:

Probably Hop Kee. Last time I was in Wo Hop I was drunk outta my mind. Spilled my can of Sprite. Just stared at my order of beef chow fun and didn't even touch it. Then threw all the dollar bills I had in my pocket on the table when it was time to pay.

Thanks for the suggestions yall. Halal Guys definitely lived up to the hype. Was soooo good. Checked out Brooklyn Promeade and the LIC. Gotta say LIC had a much better view. Loved Brooklyn and Queens. Manhattan was a bit too hectic for me. Got ripped off by them ladies dressed in Elmo costumes too. Went up to my girl for a hug and asked her to take a pic. ******* whipped out the "TIP" sign right after. Asked for 20 but we was like hell nah. Gave them 5 bucks between the 5 of them.

Thanks for the suggestions yall. Halal Guys definitely lived up to the hype. Was soooo good. Checked out Brooklyn Promeade and the LIC. Gotta say LIC had a much better view. Loved Brooklyn and Queens. Manhattan was a bit too hectic for me. Got ripped off by them ladies dressed in Elmo costumes too. Went up to my girl for a hug and asked her to take a pic. ******* whipped out the "TIP" sign right after. Asked for 20 but we was like hell nah. Gave them 5 bucks between the 5 of them.

Elmo wanted $20 :smh: . Wouldn't have even gave them the $5.

Glad you had a great tip. Where in Brooklyn did you go?

To the tourists, you do not have to tip the costumed characters. NYPD tells you guys that all the time. They harass and intimidate people all of the time for money.

Back
Top Bottom