Going to P.F. Changs for the first time. (Recommandations,Opinions???)

I was excited to go there for lunch one day, i did not enjoy the food or prices at all.  The only thing I liked was drinking the sake.

Originally Posted by iHust1e

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by the north west

go to olive garden instead for some real Italian food
wireliedetectorxe6.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

@ his sarcams + .gif

Originally Posted by JayAmazin

Originally Posted by Da XpLiCiT OnE

Yall are all crazy. It's all about their Mongolian beef.  And to everyone saying "Americanized Chinese Food"... EVERY SINGLE CHINESE place in America is AMERICANIZED. No restaurants in China are even close to these.. it was all made for "America".

No not every single Chinese place is Americanized. The Chinese don't start restaurants to tailor to Americans. They start them because it is their cuisines that they want to offer to Americans. They're cultural cuisines are very authentic. Go to a small Chinese restaurant chain and you'll see the authenticity. PF Changs is not one of them. You try telling a Chinese running a restaurant that they're food is Americanized and see where that gets you. I don't see that with PF though. I've been there. And I've been to other chinese restaurants and I'm telling you that PF Changs is not Authentic compared to the other ones I've been to.
Not really.  My friends moved here from China, and the food there is COMPLETELY different. They own a small local Chinese joint and they told me all the so-called "Chinese" dishes (chow main, fried rice, sweet & sour, stir fry this, crab wontons, etc.) were all made here to tailor to America.  The Chinese food here is nothing like what they eat in China, thus being "Americanized".

Yall are all crazy. It's all about their Mongolian beef.  And to everyone saying "Americanized Chinese Food"... EVERY SINGLE CHINESE place in America is AMERICANIZED. No restaurants in China are even close to these.. it was all made for "America".

No not every single Chinese place is Americanized. The Chinese don't start restaurants to tailor to Americans. They start them because it is their cuisines that they want to offer to Americans. They're cultural cuisines are very authentic. Go to a small Chinese restaurant chain and you'll see the authenticity. PF Changs is not one of them. You try telling a Chinese running a restaurant that they're food is Americanized and see where that gets you. I don't see that with PF though. I've been there. And I've been to other chinese restaurants and I'm telling you that PF Changs is not Authentic compared to the other ones I've been to.
bro, what you just said is ******ed imo, Yes, the Chinese and other nationalities start resturants to caters to Americans (meaning all different races).. Their cuisine isn't orange chicken or general tso thats Americanized chinese food...Go to China ( yes i've been HK) and you wont find nothing close to " American Chinese" food there...Im 99% sure Small or Big chinese resturants serve the same thing..

Where are you from? Reason I ask is because your statement is completely false. Like, it's not even close to being true. There are TONS of authentic Chinese places in the US.

You just need to be near a major US city with a sizable Chinese population. LA, SF, NYC. I'm sure there are small towns somewhere with authentic places, the main thing is you need a Chinese population that will frequent those spots. I grew up in the Bay and I didn't even try orange chicken (General Tso's for those out east) until I was in college. All my life I've been frequenting authentic Chinese places with my family.

edit:

NYC heads... ya'll lucky you have a place like Prosperity Dumpling in Chinatown
eek.gif
smh.gif
If we had a place like this in the Bay Area... ughh.

Here's a photo of mine

4486299258_ee3985421d.jpg

Took this mid-meal
laugh.gif
but ten dumplings for $2 makes NO sense. Not pictured: five fried dumplings for $1
smh.gif

Like others have said, this isn't a huge deal. It's like going to Ruth's Chris and people dressing up, lmao.

In any case, I like their Hot/Sour soup, lettuce wraps, Honey chicken... good dishes. And I disagree that every Chinese restaurant in America is Americanized, you truly haven't got a clue.

I lived in the Bay Area most of my life, and this is coming from my friend's parents who were born and raised in China for 40+ years.

I lived in the Bay Area most of my life, and this is coming from my friend's parents who were born and raised in China for 40+ years.

you honestly have been to a place that serves Americanized dim sum or roasted pork/duck?

or how bout an Americanized Chinese bakery?

also your friend's parents seem dumb

SPICY FISH with white rice...ITS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD

IM NOT PLAYING

why people ever go to national chain restaurants is beyond me. outback? applebees? pf changs? f outta here with that crap.

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

why people ever go to national chain restaurants is beyond me. outback? applebees? pf changs? f outta here with that crap.

its called consistency, you always know what youre getting

Good God! This thread turned went into another direction,lol.

I know just about any Ethnic food that is made by a Chain is usually going to be "Americanized".

Thanks for the recs. I ended up getting the Lettuce Wraps and the Wok-Charred Beef.

First time having horseradish(sp) in years, def. cleared my sinus up.

Lemme guess, you're that guy who "never watches TV" and only drinks microbrews too, right?
grin.gif
I eat a plenty of local mom and pops, but sometimes you want some junk food at a familiar place.

Originally Posted by rockenjayz247

bro, what you just said is ******ed imo, Yes, the Chinese and other nationalities start resturants to caters to Americans (meaning all different races).. Their cuisine isn't orange chicken or general tso thats Americanized chinese food...Go to China ( yes i've been HK) and you wont find nothing close to " American Chinese" food there...Im 99% sure Small or Big chinese resturants serve the same thing..

I disagree with you only that its not ******ed what I just said because I've been to some Chinese restaurants and they serve some very authentic dishes. Of course most restaurants would serve a lot of the same food but there are some dishes that you wouldn't see in PF Chang's if you were to go to other original Chinese restaurants. All I'm saying is that I have been to PF and I think there is a difference. It just doesn't have to do with whether or not they serve the same food but also how it tastes. I can tell you that I went to PF and was not impressed at all. Sure there are dishes that caters to Americans but you can't tell me that some of the other restaurants don't have any authentic dishes.  

roll.gif
roll.gif
all this authentic talk. who cares as long as it tastes good?? my choice would be the Walnut prawn or shrimp
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

why you so mad though?
laugh.gif

im guessing no one invites you to go to restaurants...and if they do you'd rather stay home
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom