Going to P.F. Changs for the first time. (Recommandations,Opinions???)

Originally Posted by staystrong

If u going to p.f bring a bad broad with u don't go with any hoodrat ( don't make the mistake I did lol)

what happened
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by wiredz3

Originally Posted by rcdp

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by Da XpLiCiT OnE

Yall are all crazy. It's all about their Mongolian beef.  And to everyone saying "Americanized Chinese Food"... EVERY SINGLE CHINESE place in America is AMERICANIZED. No restaurants in China are even close to these.. it was all made for "America".

Not true. In order for chinese restaurants to be successful they do have to be "americanized", but a lot of big successful Chinese restaurants around my way have menus only in Chinese that have a completely different "authentic" menu, that's way different than the typical orange chicken/kung pao chicken, etc. etc.

For example, Sanbeji (aka Three Cups Chicken) is a Taiwanese dish that's never really on American menus but quite a few Chinese restaurants have it on their Chinese-version menu.
Seriously.  This is coming from someone who orders stuff that;s not on the menu at almost every Chinese place I go to and has been to China several times.  If you know what to order in a non-chain Chinese restaurant you will get authentic Chinese food.  Even the old advice of "to get good Chinese food, go to a restaurant where only Chinese people eat" is tough for non Chinese speakers to follow.  Sure you may enter the right restaurant, but you damn sure won't know how to order because most places have an American menu and a Chinese only menu.

Just stop.  There are no authentic Chinese places in America.  Sure many spots have a separate menus, but in no way does it taste like an authentic Chinese dish.  Some dishes may be close, but you're kidding yourself if your calling it authentic.  Closest you're going to get in terms of taste is to hit up some spots in Canada.

Only place in canada that has good chinese restaurants in Vancouver, but Vancouver isn't even seeing San Francisco Chinatown. Sorry. And we do have authentic chinese restaurants here, at least in the bay area we do. I'm speaking on Hong Kong style cuisine. I can't speak for mainland china types of food because I have not lived there or visited there to try different cuisines.

It's a chain restaraunt dude...read the menu n pick something that sounds good.... they design everyhig appeal to a wide array of tastes

Back
Top Bottom