Going to San Fran for vacation, need some spots

I'll be going to San Fran towards the beginning of May. I will be there for a week. I'm looking for ideas on what to do while there. I'll be staying @ the Parc 55 hotel. Anyone familiar with the area?

I also thought this would be better in the General forum, since it looks like the regional spots are ghost towns.

Union Square, Haight St, Pier 39 & Fisherman's Wharf (tour of Alcatraz while you're there), buy tickets to see Wicked, Golden Gate Park (CA Academy of Science, de Young Museum, King Tut exhibit are all located in this park), Lombard St, take a trip out to Telegraph in Berkeley if you can.

Check out the Mission District. Check out the area surrounding Union Square as well. It can seem very touristy, but the further you venture from Union Square, the less and less it'll seem like it.

Also a BART ride to the East Bay to check out Berkeley. The Cheese Board Food Collective is one of the best pizza places I know.

OP or anyone else for that matter, pm me or something i have the hook up for clubs on friday nights in sf and surrounding area.

i got you

Clubs
Tuesday Nights
Club Milk (Haight St)
Club NV (Downtown Sf)
Thursday Nights
Holy Cow (SF)
Infusion Lounge (Downtown Sf) (Be there super early or bring a girl those bastards won't let you in if your by yourself
Fri, Sat
PRETTY MUCH ALL BARS AND CLUBS ARE OPEN
Marina District

Sightseeing
Golden Gate Bridge
Fisherman's Wharf (Alcatraz, Aquarium By The Bay, Ghiradellis Square Etc.)
Embarcadero (SBC PARK)
Golden Gate Park (Pretty Much the Must see Museum is there)
Union Square ( NikeTown, Shops, Cable Car)
BART (It'll take you pretty much anywhere like Berkeley)
Haight St
Castro (Self Explanatory)
Marina District (Lombard Street)
If you got a car NAPA VALLEY WINE TOUR

Food
There's so much to choose from it's not even funny

ENJOY YOUR TRIP MAN, BRING A SWEATER OR A LIGHT JACKET EVERYWHERE YOU GO IT GETS COLD QUICK
PM me if you got more questions

laugh.gif
 i basically just posted what ricerocket said but yuku messes up again
mad.gif

just wanna add some more
-club temple
-roe
-suite 181 aka sweat 181...havent been there in a while but still a dope place
-mejool...they have a rooftop area with a dj and a nice view of the city at night
-ruby sky

must do and go:
-chinatown
-metreon
-coit tower

anyways OP enjoy your trip...i hope that helps

You're about 2/3 Blocks from shopping at either Union Square (which you should check out along with its surrounding areas) or the Westfield San Francisco Center.

Tons of foods, depending on price range.

Fisherman's wharf is touristy but has good food (I'm a fan of Sabella La Torre).

The area the Ball Park (SF Giants) is a little ways away (down 2nd or 3rd...you're near 5th) but there's good bars and food in that area as well.

Coit Tower on a beautiful day offers some views that few others spots in SF can.

The De Young Museum is pretty awesome.

Check out SFist.com for some other things that will be going on.

Originally Posted by tastemaker

Check out the Mission District. Check out the area surrounding Union Square as well. It can seem very touristy, but the further you venture from Union Square, the less and less it'll seem like it.

Also a BART ride to the East Bay to check out Berkeley. The Cheese Board Food Collective is one of the best pizza places I know.
I will also be hitting up San Fran for a weekend...  I've heard the Mission District is extremely shady?
laugh.gif

It depends on where and when in the Mission. It's not that bad, but I wouldn't try and stick out like a sore thumb (ie - clearly a tourist).

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

Castro during the day, party at City Nights at night then Power Exchange for the after party
Power Exchange has been closed for a minute
laugh.gif
don't ask me how I know.

Back
Top Bottom