Going to the N.O this weekend...a lil help please

Any New Orleans NTers or regulars downthere please help

I will be there this weekend for the Bears/Saints game

Residence Inn Downtown

Looking to find the best food and the best all around time. I have never been there before, so I don't know what your clubs and lounges/bars are like.

Any help is appreciated

If you go to Bourbon you aint going to find any great clubs - Everything is about bar hopping .. Just have a good time .. I suggest you dont go out your way to find a club you might find something you arent looking for ....

Anywhere in the QTR is gonna be overpriced, use gps drive 5 min to Kenner or Metarie, dont look at the bums under any bridges when at a red light... .they might kill you.... No lie. they might rob u first. Downtown go to Canal St, thats like a mall ... but like store after store on the street... "sports plus" usually has heat.. they are legit.. the french qtr and bourbon is nice, BUT its overpriced like i said before............
Guy FIerri on Food network went to "mahoneys" for a Po-Boy... those are alright... but overrated, GPS MOTHERS ... they have LEGIT Po-BOys , Americas #1 rated Fried CHicken "willie Mays" i think its called... GPS it also.. u wont think its a restruant but its there... and that *%@ is good. But a very good idea is not to talk to anyone.. i mean use your judgement but i think its still the murder capitol...... UMMMmmmm what else... Seafood i would say Acme Oyster house... Dons seafood Hut, a decent mall is the lakeside mall, they have a champs that usually has alright stuff.. dont go to the Oakwood mall, .. or any of the west bank... THey have a house of hoops in Baton ROuge... its only like 50 min away @ its in the Mall Of La,... They have a FinishLine in the Esplanade mall that is like the only store down there to get like hyperstrikes.... they are usually all gone in the morning though... u gotta know someone. ... Idk any more specific questions just lmk.

Originally Posted by freelythinkingmind

Anywhere in the QTR is gonna be overpriced, use gps drive 5 min to Kenner or Metarie, dont look at the bums under any bridges when at a red light... .they might kill you.... No lie. they might rob u first. Downtown go to Canal St, thats like a mall ... but like store after store on the street... "sports plus" usually has heat.. they are legit.. the french qtr and bourbon is nice, BUT its overpriced like i said before............
Guy FIerri on Food network went to "mahoneys" for a Po-Boy... those are alright... but overrated, GPS MOTHERS ... they have LEGIT Po-BOys , Americas #1 rated Fried CHicken "willie Mays" i think its called... GPS it also.. u wont think its a restruant but its there... and that *%@ is good. But a very good idea is not to talk to anyone.. i mean use your judgement but i think its still the murder capitol...... UMMMmmmm what else... Seafood i would say Acme Oyster house... Dons seafood Hut, a decent mall is the lakeside mall, they have a champs that usually has alright stuff.. dont go to the Oakwood mall, .. or any of the west bank... THey have a house of hoops in Baton ROuge... its only like 50 min away @ its in the Mall Of La,... They have a FinishLine in the Esplanade mall that is like the only store down there to get like hyperstrikes.... they are usually all gone in the morning though... u gotta know someone. ... Idk any more specific questions just lmk.
this,  Cafu du Monde has beignets and if your staying late Sunday Chromeo and Mayer Hawthorne are at HOB.

If you like fried chicken, please, please, please go to Willie May's Scotch House. The address is 2401 St. Ann St. Aside from some home cooking, it will be the best fried chicken & red beans & rice you will ever have. Let me know if you go & how you liked it...Enjoy the city & game...  

Just found a good vid. Anthony Bourdain went there to film an episode. The vid is right here.

Originally Posted by 504 D1 Prospect

Originally Posted by freelythinkingmind

this,  Cafu du Monde has beignets and if your staying late Sunday Chromeo and Mayer Hawthorne are at HOB.

Beignets FTW, BUT they only accept cash... heads up on that.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
just got back from a bachelor party there
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

GREATEST TRIP I'VE EVER TAKEN

if you like Oysters, Acme Oyster House is
pimp.gif

- Bourbon St. for drinks/partying
- Beignets from Cafe Du Monde
- Coop's place for Jambalaya and Gumbo
- Voodoo BBQ
- Soul Food - Willie Mays
- Harrah's buffet - breakfast/hangover food

I went to mardi gras this year...

out of all the places i went to this place had the best Po boys

10cn4om.jpg

sqo6sn.jpg

This place had the best BBQ shrimp ever
pimp.gif
. You got to dress semi nice...

351u3oh.jpg

I've heard great things about Willie Mae's. I overlooked the place when I was there a few years back, but will make sure to try the fried chicken and potato salad...

OP ride the trolly... that #+# will take u everywhere, just hop out where u want.. and ask whens the next ones commin... its like the trolly in San fran

sorry to side bust on this thread...

but i'm going to NO too this weekend (for a bachelor party)

...so you're saying i should stay in the vicinity of the French Quarter?!

Back
Top Bottom