Going to the PI this December, Tips on buying shoes? VOL. Concord XIs

VinMillerHearn58

formerly lakersreppa008
So I am going to the PI this December and I wanted some advice on buying the Concords. 
-I am arriving in Manila on the 20th.

-Is the RD the same as it will be in the US? (Dec. 23)

-Where should I go to pick them up? Any Nike store in Manila?

-Will the release be as hectic in the PI like it is in the US?

This is my first trip back to the PI since my previous trip back in 05. Any help will be greatly appreciated! 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by lakersreppa008

So I am going to the PI this December and I wanted some advice on buying the Concords. 
-I am arriving in Manila on the 20th.

-Is the RD the same as it will be in the US? (Dec. 23)

-Where should I go to pick them up? Any Nike store in Manila?

-Will the release be as hectic in the PI like it is in the US?

This is my first trip back to the PI since my previous trip back in 05. Any help will be greatly appreciated! 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
as far as RD goes... i do believe that the Concords would release here on the same day as the US... I remember the cool greys droppin' at the same day last year...

where to pick up... there's Nike Park BHS and Titan at The Fort... but I think it's best to scout other Nike Park/Stadium branches close to your place before the RD... ask around if the branch would get the Concords or what time does the usual line starts for this type of release...  kinda like seeing how the odds would play up in your favor...  
wink.gif

I think it would be crazy 'round here on RD for the Concords... hth sir!

Just a suggestion, why don't we sticky a balikbayan thread?

I know the info may already be in the updates threads, but this is just to make it easier for our balikbayan NTers.

Damn 
laugh.gif
 this shoe is starting to look harder to purchase than I was expecting. If any of you are gonna be there during the RD let me know. 
laugh.gif

Co-signing our dude @donmega. Best to scout Nike retailers days, weeks before RD. Ask if they'll be getting pairs.

When the CGXI dropped last xmas, *correct me if I'm wrong fellas* a bunch of shops (both Park and Stadium) carried it. But during the SJ release, people flocked Nike BHS and camped for days because it's the only place here in the Metro that carried the joints. We can only guess how the Concords will be distributed...

Anyway, good luck buddy! #NT folk will definitely be there come RD. Holla!

Yeah, it will be dope to have a mini NTPI summit during the RD 
laugh.gif
. Help out a fellow fil-am during my stay!

Do you guys know any spots near Eastwood City? I think for the majority of the trip we are staying at some condo over there.

^there's a nike park there but it rarely gets allocation for quickstrikes or limited GR's so the chances of the concords dropping there is bleak.

youre best bets for releases like this are stores located in MAKATI Area (the aforementioned Nike Park BHS and Titan at The Fort, nike park in glorieta, nike park and nike stadium in greenbelt, nike stadium in rockwell).

HTH

Lets hope its not the same as Space jam release last 09 so Christmas is merry...
smile.gif

Check Nike Park updates thread Bro 1-2 weeks before release dates, a lot will probably be talking about it. You can also check Nike Park contact numbers on 1st page of that thread.

people might camp for these at 3 days before RD. but from what I heard, we're getting more supplies with these.
a true GR. so all parks and stadiums should get plenty of FSRs...

You might as well check Nike Stadium Shangri-la and Nike Park Robinsons Galleria.. Its also near your place...

Better line up early, as a saying.. "pag may tiyaga, may nilaga" last year i lined up at Titan fort for the CGs, and it was great. after getting the CGs i got a fever because of camping out 1 day (small amount of food, heat under the sun, long time of waiting, stress) before the RD. but, its worth it guys. check for updates, beware of pesky ressellers, be street smart. Really hope everyone will get a pair this holiday.

if I learned anything in the sneaker scene in the PI, it's that you can get most of the shoes
that you want if you do your homework. not including lottery releases. Most of the time there's
plenty to go around until resellers buy their stock. If you check out ebay and sulit, resellers
are having a tough time moving their items. suckers. they now sell for a few hundreds above
retail.

Do your homework NTPI! beat the reselling fever!

i gotta fly there to get these shoes....

just moved to Bacolod for school, they don't get $#!% here
laugh.gif

someone who always drop bombs on concords thread said that there will be more supplies, more than the CG release.

Did you guys camp for about a day or 2 last year for CGs?

^kinda.. like 1 day before. Titan had back then a midnight release. but, as of now as the hype heats up, better campout 2 days before. or.. just wait for different NP, NS Updates for more infos. and yes, more pairs this coming holiday than CGs

I think the space jam camp out was the nastiest so far... with this, I'd stick with park cebu(cebu heads!), metro east, gateway, gbelt 3 and the fort.
easy copping with those stores and very strategic locations. LOL

resellers will die by the amount of stocks we'll get for these...

i think scouting nike branches a few days before RD is a very good strategy.. ask the staff how many pairs of your size will they carry and just come to your store of choice as early as possible, its best if your first in line or if not ask the peeps who lined up earlier than you what size they're getting.. hopefully they skip your size so you can assure your pair..
pimp.gif

also bond, talk, elicit friendly conversations with fellow sneakerheads.
pimp.gif

i think with the concord release there will be plenty to go around with.. just like the CG release.. best of luck to everyone come december..

Back
Top Bottom