Golden State Warriors offically on the Market (6th richest man in the WORLD top canidate)

http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA
WojYahooNBA

The Golden StateWarriors are officially for sale. If Oracle's Larry Ellison gets team,Jerry West is top candidate to run franchise. 5 minutes ago via web
CSN Matt Steinmetz
Heard something funny the other day that Ellison buying the Warriors would be like Mark Cuban on steroids.

Sorry, but this might be the greatest day in the Warriors history
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by daprescription

http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA
WojYahooNBA

The Golden StateWarriors are officially for sale. If Oracle's Larry Ellison gets team,Jerry West is top candidate to run franchise. 5 minutes ago via web
CSN Matt Steinmetz
Heard something funny the other day that Ellison buying the Warriors would be like Mark Cuban on steroids.

Sorry, but this might be the greatest day in the Warriors history
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
but true

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Warriors are officially for sale–Cohan out by August/September?[/h2]
Posted by Tim Kawakami on March 22nd, 2010 at 9:11 am | Categorized as NBA, Warriors

* Gee, who was saying this back on July 3? Let me try to remember…  Oh, here’s a link.I’m putting this up because of the shills and Cohan-sponsored puppetswho furiously slashed at me for reporting it. Uh oh, shills and puppetsare in some trouble now.

Chris Cohan has officially put the Warriors up for sale and isn’t trying to deny it any more.

The Warriors just released a statement acknowledging that he has hired a company to seek an offer.

The company is Galatioto Sports Partners. You don’t hire thiscompany unless you’re selling and you don’t confirm it unless you’rethoroughly committed to getting the hell out.

Period.

Of course, Cohan has been unofficially looking for and listening tooffers for about 8 months now, despite the team’s fervent denials andblatant misdirection.

Larry Ellison is generally assumed to be the leading bidder sofar–with a bid that values the franchise at about $315M. Cohan owns 80%.

The Charlotte Bobcats were sold to Michael Jordan recently with areported valuing of just under $300M, though there were other factorsinvolved and I don’t believe anywhere close to that amount changedhands.

I’ve heard strong indications that there is at least one other groupthat has discussed buying the Warriors and moving them near AT&TPark, which I believe Ellison has also considered.

More to come, I’m sure.

Here’s the Warriors’ press release…
[h2]WARRIORS RETAIN GALATIOTO SPORTS PARTNERS TO CONDUCT SALE OF TEAM[/h2][h2]Leading Sports Advisory and Finance Firm Has Participated In More Than 70 Major Sports Transactions[/h2]
OAKLAND, Calif. – The Golden State Warriors of the NationalBasketball Association (NBA) have retained Galatioto Sports Partners(“GSP

Jerry West is top candidate to run franchise?

i hope not. you know damn well he's gonna hook up the lakers
smh.gif
laugh.gif

I’ve heard strong indications that there is at least one other group that has discussed buying the Warriors and moving them near AT&T Park, which I believe Ellison has also considered.
the stadium they play in now to much of a dump?

and i thought jerry west said he was done with major front office work?

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

I’ve heard strong indications that there is at least one other group that has discussed buying the Warriors and moving them near AT&T Park, which I believe Ellison has also considered.

Oracle isn't awful but I'm all for them moving back to San Francisco
pimp.gif
If they move the Warriors down to Mission Bay and further develop that area, it could be one of the best sports hubs in the country.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Oracle isn't that bad, but who wouldn't want a team in downtown SF?  SF or Oakland...

This is what Warriors fans have been asking for. It was past due and it couldve came at a better time. One thing though, this means the franchise will still be rebuilding mode for the next 3-5 years. If they move it to San Francisco, that's the best thing that can happen to them besides winning a 'chip. It'll also make it easier for me to get to the games...

If they move back to the city.....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Either way, time to rejoice!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

smh.gif
laugh.gif
Steph Curry for Jordan Farmar and a Late 2nd Rounder (Seth Curry) LOL

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

smh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
 thats the first thing i thought when i read that

steph curry and randolph for sasha vujacic and powell
laugh.gif

So happy. Left the house with some rumors and now I check and it's official. What a great day.

Oracle isn't that bad, but who wouldn't want a team in downtown SF?  SF or Oakland...
SF residents. It would be a logistical nightmare.

Stay in Oakland, it's more easily accessible.

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

SF residents. It would be a logistical nightmare.

Stay in Oakland, it's more easily accessible.

heck no!

a reason why players dont want to play with the warriors is because oakland is the type of place where some players came from, no way they want to go back there

move the team to San Jose
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom