Gonna be in LA next month... Things to do?

Humbled

formerly whatslosinlike
Just decided to go on a solo vacation, always wanted to go to LA. Anyone out there know some fun spots to hit, good eateries, etc?

Mini-Summit :nerd:

depends what are you are into man. theres something for everyone to be honest.

Yooo im in LA fam. Hit me up if u tryna do a mini summit.. Ill hitup some of the local NT fam and we could kick it

Just decided to go on a solo vacation, always wanted to go to LA. Anyone out there know some fun spots to hit, good eateries, etc?

Mini-Summit
nerd.gif
Come see me in Leimert bro 
smile.gif

Nah but you can go to the observatory which is great.

Driving up the coast is great. I love PCH.

The Oinkster is good near melrose. Love their burgers. There's a litany of good eating spots on Rodeo right next to Sprinkles. I love Rocco's, they have the bomb pizza. Not expensive either. Venice Beach and the Santa Monica Pier are great spots to chill / walk / people watch

You could go see a Dodger game if you're into that.

I love wasting time at the Amoeba record store. Or at the Beverly Center or just walking down Melrose doing some shopping. 

The Americana in Glendale is awesome. One of my favorite tourist spots. Gotta check that out. 

If you're looking to check out some clubs Supperclub / Playhouse would probably be my top two recommendations.

Fat Sal's is a good spot to grub at too. Bruno's in Santa Monica. Churro Borough is 
eek.gif
 You definitely should stop in Los Feliz and check them out. Not necessarily food per say, but their Combo of churros and ice cream sandwitches are god body. 

Last edited:
inb4 eggslut, in n out, taco truck.

and fly out to temecula

if you are into food. i would suggest hitting up some spots in koreatown, thai town, little ethiopia, little tokyo, little armenia

The Americana in Glendale >
That's my backyard :lol: Aside from a very few stores, it gets boring. The restaurants are crappy too.

OP: not sure what you're into, but throwing random suggestions all over:

If you're into arts....LACMA, both Getty (Center and Villa).

If you like dope eats, so many good places on the west side (West LA to Santa Monica). Republique, Ago, and Father's Office are some of my favs.

DTLA has a lot of dope bars too. If you want the view, try The Standard at the rootop. DTLA is cool for bar hopping at night too, but expect a long line at most places during weekend. We saw Jalen Rose (the real one) macking on a snow bunny after he did

Hit up Hollywood BLVD for nightclubs and lounges, same vibe as DTLA but more packed. The rooftop at W is nice.

If you're into shopping, a lot of boutiques on Melrose...from smaller brands to McQueen.

If you wanna do some tourist stuff, you can take the Hollywood tour on the BLVD, a lot of companies offer them ie TMZ.

I can go on, but it wouldn't be too helpful unless you narrow down your interests.

Biggest advice is to plan accordingly...ie you don't wanna get stuck on the 405 at 5PM :lol: (actually you don't want to get stuck on the 405 at all).
'
Right now, the weather is real dope...if you're into beaches, hit up Redondo or Manhattan. Santa Monica is where all the tourists go and there are mad homelesses there. Mistfits bar is dope though.

Ok so what you should do is skip LA and head down to San Diego.
I can't get to get back there. I was there with my girl so I couldn't get too lit. Love Gaslamp Quarter. We were walking around and walked by Omnia. Wanted to go in so bad :frown:

if you are into food. i would suggest hitting up some spots in koreatown, thai town, little ethiopia, little tokyo, little armenia
Want to add, Ktown, Thaitown, and Little Armenia are all connected. You can pretty much cruise down Western from Hollywood to say, Wilshire to hit them all.

If you go to Little Tokyo, Rif LA and Jason Markkk are in the area, if you're still into sneakers. Within walking distance to Staples Center and LA Live as well.

inb4 eggslut, in n out, taco truck.

and fly out to temecula
I still don't know what the hype is about Eggslut. Met 3 local NTers for that joint and I was left hungry still after spending $15.

Last edited:
The Grove is never a bad place to spend some time too :smokin
Same structure since it's the same firm that designed both :lol: The restaurants are a lot better though (sans Cheesecake Factory...worst chain restaurant in the world) and you have farmers market next door for even more dope eats.

If you're into foodtruck, I think the 626 foottruck at night thing is starting again. Haven't checked that in a minute.

Same structure since it's the same firm that designed both
laugh.gif
The restaurants are a lot better though (sans Cheesecake Factory...worst chain restaurant in the world) and you have farmers market next door for even more dope eats.

If you're into foodtruck, I think the 626 foottruck at night thing is starting again. Haven't checked that in a minute.
Haha no wonder lol **** was tripping me out

Grove, Mulholland Drive scenic route, Leo's Tacos, Daikokuya + Little Tokyo, go up City Hall, Father's Office, Will Rogers Beach, Getty, Getty Villa, LACMA, Downtown bars, Dodgers game, late night 3 AM Chinatown Dim Sum, Sprinkles Ice Cream, Exposition Park, Griffith Observatory, Universal Studios, Kenneth Hanh Park, Vista Hermosa Park, Sawtelle, 3rd St Promenade, Flight Club and Stussy and Undefeated and Supreme other clothing boutiques on Fairfax/Melrose

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom