Good Laptop Under $500 Paging all Computer People

So on short notice I'm realizing that I need a laptop for this summer program I'm doing. What is a good laptop, preferably HP or Sony that I can getfor ~$500.

THANKS.

if you just need it for browsing/email/word and that stuff look at the HP Minis..or even a HP dv2, dv3 or dv4. check slickdeals.net and notebookreview.com forcoupons they come pretty often. I got a decent HP dv5 for around $550 after around $400 in rebates

Go to dell business outlet, cop a Latitude e6400 refurbed. Comes with 3 year Dell warranty, aluminum chassis, fast proc, and anything else you can find. I gotmine for 520 after taxes and shipping, and has a dedicated video card, 2 gb ram, and an 2.4 core 2 duo proc.

I might as well go all the way if I'm gonna buy one so no mini stuff.

Where can I find refurbished HP Laptops?

Originally Posted by nick0lis

there is no good laptop for under 500$
indifferent.gif

I got a toshiba satellite off craigslist brand new for $325. If you know how to figure out the legit listings

Originally Posted by SleepyBlueDemon

macbook air

lol riiiiight...for $500 he's not cool enough for a mac...
nerd.gif

but really, dell refurb is probably the best you can get. depends on what you want though, you can get one of those smaller notebooks for $500

Originally Posted by nick0lis

there is no good laptop for under 500$
lemme guess, you have a macbook pro?

i got my current toshiba laptop for $450 after taxes 2.5 years ago, still running great with windows 7.

there are deals to be had, just keep an eye out on forums like slickdeals

Have not searched slick deals.

I'm fine w/ a refurb, but does anyone here have any experience with expensive refurbished electronics?

Keep tossing out Sony + HP. Two brands I'm looking for.

Toshiba maybe, Dell no.

Back
Top Bottom