Good lord NT. Kid on my computer = bad

2,716
10
Joined Mar 29, 2009
Mom and her friends were over at our house today. I left my computer on
and apparently one son of a !*%%# got on and did something to my computer for it to be screwed up. I was gone for 5 hours since 1 o clock, and now I come back at 10 and it is laden with a plethora of viruses.

Every time I go on Google to search for help, it redirects the link to something else. I came back to find out that a "virus scanner" installed itself in that time, and all my desktop icons wiped off and Start toolbar on. I remembered how to start Mozilla Firefox through New Task, so that's how I got on the internet.

So my questions are:
- What is the command on Windows XP to get the toolbar back on?
-Is a system restore worth doing?
-What would you do?

Thanks NT. No, I do not surf porn.
 
2,005
602
Joined Dec 27, 2006
well first you ask who was on the computer. and scold the kid... i'd be pissed if someone use my computer and caused viruses. did you check the history?
and then just system restore it. hopefully no important files were lost but most likely yeah.
 
5,338
218
Joined Sep 16, 2005
Originally Posted by Dynamic X

Mom and her friends were over at our house today. I left my computer on
and apparently one son of a !*%%# got on and did something to my computer for it to be screwed up. I was gone for 5 hours since 1 o clock, and now I come back at 10 and it is laden with a plethora of viruses.

Every time I go on Google to search for help, it redirects the link to something else. I came back to find out that a "virus scanner" installed itself in that time, and all my desktop icons wiped off and Start toolbar on. I remembered how to start Mozilla Firefox through New Task, so that's how I got on the internet.

So my questions are:
- What is the command on Windows XP to get the toolbar back on?
-Is a system restore worth doing?
-What would you do?

Thanks NT. No, I do not surfed porn and now my computer is !#$#$d up.
 Ow3ned.
 
4,788
359
Joined Mar 19, 2006
Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

system restore it

"i do not surf porn" - yeah, me neither

  
 word, either op is strong willed like a mofo or he's lying through his teeth.
 
2,716
10
Joined Mar 29, 2009
Originally Posted by cruzair13

well first you ask who was on the computer. and scold the kid... i'd be pissed if someone use my computer and caused viruses. did you check the history?
and then just system restore it. hopefully no important files were lost but most likely yeah.
I already told my mom, she told that kid's mom. He'll get a "timeout" I guess.

None of the history looks suspect, so maybe he clicked on an ad or something.

I managed to get Spybot S&D to run, so maybe that'll clear up a bit. I think I have anti-malware somewhere too. I run that too. Thanks.
 
2,716
10
Joined Mar 29, 2009
Originally Posted by 03silverbullet

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

system restore it

"i do not surf porn" - yeah, me neither

  
 word, either op is strong willed like a mofo or he's lying through his teeth.
Wow none of you guys believe me. Understandable I guess with the majority of NTers...
 
D

Deleted member 41978

Guest
Happened to me once, except the viruses weren't that bad.. Kid comes over and uses the computer and I leave to go play ball. The kid googles all this Naturo stuff and some other BS, and signed up for one of those things that say "you're a winner you just one a new playstation" nd what-not... ends up getting some viruses on my computer but it wasn't anything major, I ended up deading it quick.
 
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now