Good part-time job to have on top of your full time?

I wouldnt mind a second job...but i need something that i know would be easy and chill, the money dont even have to be nothing crazy just comfortable work conditions for a weekend or after work...i already work hard enough at my regular job :lol:

Some good info up in here.

Definitely need to look into some of these. :nerd:

I'm currently doing it now. My first gig is from 7:30-3 Mon-Fri and my 2nd gig is Mon, Tues, & Thurs 5-9 and Sat 11-3. My 2nd gig is 5 mins from my crib and all I do is call people up to schedule them to come in for a focus group. I've been doing it for about a month now. Easy money, but between my 1st gig, DJing, family, etc I'm starting to hit the burned out phase. We're moving at the end of the August so I'll more than likely drop the 2nd gig then.

Are you out here in Atlanta? Can you get me in? Seriously, I work at the airport already, and this would be ideal man. I wouldnt make you look bad if you got me in either bro
laugh.gif
seriously. If you're in Atlanta, PM me your phone number and I'll hit you up tomorrow.
Stay away from Delta my dude they ain't paying unless you got some serious credentials relevant to the position your applying for.  I heard that Home Depot has a call center out in Kennesaw that pays $12.50 starting out, and they're gearing up to start an over night shift.  But your best bet is getting something at one of the high end spots at Phipps or Lenox, because I believe they work off commission and hourly

I'm looking for some supplemental income to make some things happen between time. What's a good job to go after part-time to supplement my full-time income? I'm looking for something where the pay is high enough to balance the lower hours, if that makes sense.
A better full time job ... serious

I'm looking for some supplemental income to make some things happen between time. What's a good job to go after part-time to supplement my full-time income? I'm looking for something where the pay is high enough to balance the lower hours, if that makes sense.

Best advice in this thread. I'm currently looking for another gig myself.

Yeah I use to be a waiter for Red Lobster years ago, and at the time I just wanted to make enough for gas money, cigarettes, and I had a lot of players on the roster so money to go out and and about. But, I could never save money doing that job and everyone that has ever done it says the same exact thing it's like you're making all of that money and you spend it just as fast as you make it.

To others saying bartending I don't know how much they make, but it's not easy to get a bartending job... well at least not for a dude.

For a female forget it you can land anything no matter how dumb they are as long as they are decent looking and not fat :smh:

Sad but true...

I would love to land a bartending gig, but to get into a spot isn't necassarily easy.

Once you've been hustling in the streets making money it's hard not to compare things to that because you always kind of want to stray back to that, but then you think of the consequences involved if you get caught.

Work as a sales associate at a shoe store in the mall...Finishline, Footlocker, etc? It's a decent part-time job if you work on the weekends because all you'll do is sell since it's busy. Working on the weekdays is boring and you'll have to do tasks since it's slow. It's a commission job, so if you have good communication and persuasion skills your paycheck won't be crap. I make around 100 on Saturdays and 70 on Sundays, which isn't too bad for a part-time that's super easy and doesn't require much effort (literally, all you do is stand/walk around and talk to customers or your staff). There's also a lot of flirting and butt-grabbing going on with co-workers, lol. If you make a lot of sales, you'll get first dibs and can use your employee discount on major new releases. If you're into the whole reselling thing, you'll make some nice side hustle change.

If you don't like greeting or starting conversations with strangers, don't work at shoe stores since you'll most likely make minimum wage...or won't even get hours at all, lol.

Last edited:
only time I've ever done 2 jobs was the summer going into freshmen year of college. Never again. lol I need 1-2 days of complete rest and doing nothing.

Merchandising...it use to be so sweet but it's hard to find jobs they pay well

I was making $16hr just talking to people about Sharp TV's and the best part about it was you really didn't have a manager so you could do what you wanted forreal.

Some sites are BDSmarketing, Marketsource and the Eleven Agency they have jobs all over the nation

I am trying to get on with a social sports league in DC. They have referee positions and admin positions and can make up to $25 a hour. My Primary job is well paying so I don't need to be exactly rolling the dough with the secondary job.

I am trying to get on with a social sports league in DC. They have referee positions and admin positions and can make up to $25 a hour. My Primary job is well paying so I don't need to be exactly rolling the dough with the secondary job.

PM me this info if you don't mind

Last edited:
I have a question: I just applied at a dollar tree last week. The interview went well and they said they would call me. It was last Wednesday and I called on Friday and they said it was still being reviewed. I still haven't been called. Is this a bad sign? Should I call again?

Also, I said I wouldn't be able to start until tomorrow, does that matter?

EDIT: I just called and the manager, he said he still hasn't been able to review any applications. Is that a good/bad thing?

Last edited:
Waiter. Runner. Barback.
Tips are great and you can work from 4-6 hours
If you don't want to show up, others will be lining up to take your place

Tell me more about this working for Delta... U dont mean flight attendant do you? More like Check In person?
Flight attendants make more but I do baggage handler

Are you out here in Atlanta? Can you get me in? Seriously, I work at the airport already, and this would be ideal man. I wouldnt make you look bad if you got me in either bro :lol: seriously. If you're in Atlanta, PM me your phone number and I'll hit you up tomorrow.
I can give you a referral still, I work at JFK

I mean.. I'm making $14/hour doing fleet management at a rental car company... It's not bad and I know some commission based positions make a lot more than that, but I'm not ready to switch full time jobs yet. I expect to be going into my field (IT) the next job I get and starting my career focucs if my current job doesn't take me in that direction. But you know what? My family owns a salon. I need to have my *** in there making upgrades instead of working for somebody else... And I always get mad at my mom for saying she needs a job >D

Nobody's going to pay you like you'll pay yourself...

Yeah I use to be a waiter for Red Lobster years ago, and at the time I just wanted to make enough for gas money, cigarettes, and I had a lot of players on the roster so money to go out and and about. But, I could never save money doing that job and everyone that has ever done it says the same exact thing it's like you're making all of that money and you spend it just as fast as you make it.

To others saying bartending I don't know how much they make, but it's not easy to get a bartending job... well at least not for a dude.

For a female forget it you can land anything no matter how dumb they are as long as they are decent looking and not fat :smh:

Sad but true...

I would love to land a bartending gig, but to get into a spot isn't necassarily easy.

Once you've been hustling in the streets making money it's hard not to compare things to that because you always kind of want to stray back to that, but then you think of the consequences involved if you get caught.

Saved by that R.O.T.C... word to Kendrick.

Flight attendants make more but I do baggage handler
I can give you a referral still, I work at JFK
I'd do a Delta gig, too. I get paid pretty well and would probably have to watch it so I don't put myself in another tax braket, but I'd work sparingly for some of those perks for sure. I actually have an airframe and powerplant license and run aircraft maintenance in the Coast Guard; however, I don't to work on planes. BUT!!, I'lI sure as hell toss some luggage around if I had free domestic flights and only had to pay tax internationally.  I have season tickets for FSU in Tallahassee and the Bucs in Tampa, but since I live in Houston, it can get pricey. Sounds like a win/win for me haha.  Anyone have info for the Houston area, PM me por favor!

Come to Delta. Free flights anywhere domestic, only pay taxes when flying international. Start at I think 10.85, work 3 days a week...overtime whenever you want it too....easy job if you like to get physical.
pimp.gif
Is there minimum amount of hours you have to work for the perks? I ask because you put 3 days a week in your reply. I just want the perks, haha. While extra money is nice, I'm definitely not living paycheck to paycheck.

Is there minimum amount of hours you have to work for the perks? I ask because you put 3 days a week in your reply. I just want the perks, haha. While extra money is nice, I'm definitely not living paycheck to paycheck.
Minimum 200 hours for da year...thats nothin

Back
Top Bottom