Good part-time job to have on top of your full time?

About to make my current retail job my part time because I just got accepted for a full time PSO position at the local university. Been working at this place for 3 years already, earned some decent raises. I'm making $9.96 at this place, not bad for the amount of work I have to do (just mainly cashier work)...but it is stressful having to deal with obnoxious, spoiled customers. If I get offered close to that from another company, I'm out lol. They work with my schedule though so thats a plus.

I work at a BIO TECH company in San Francisco from 6am to 230pm and then I go home take a two hour nap and go work at a grocery store in the city from 7 to 1130 and 1230 on Friday. That nap is necessary since I get home around 12am and by the time I get ready to sleep its 1am so I get about 4 hours of good sleep.

It is some extra change on the side, never hurt.

Valet.

I did valet part time and was actually bringing home more than my full time job. :lol:

If only they offered benefits I would've made that my full time job!

Valet in Las Vegas = $$$$$$$$$$$$

Part time airport gig is the way to go, I work part time for Jetblue and its the best since i'm still finishing school. You bid for your schedule 2 times a year but can make up your own schedule, trade shifts and put up shifts so others can pick it up. Got to maintain 196 hours every quarter which comes out to 15 hours a week, theres dudes that do 15 in a day so its nothing. If you are in a pinch and need money just to to the trade board and pick up as many shifts you want to work. Best perk is flying out, use to take 1 day trips from jfk-vegas just to play poker and come back on the redeye. They always hiring to just make a profile on their website

About to make my current retail job my part time because I just got accepted for a full time PSO position at the local university. Been working at this place for 3 years already, earned some decent raises. I'm making $9.96 at this place, not bad for the amount of work I have to do (just mainly cashier work)...but it is stressful having to deal with obnoxious, spoiled customers. If I get offered close to that from another company, I'm out lol. They work with my schedule though so thats a plus.
another good part of retail part time jobs. They work with when your schedule.

Not Taco Bell...
ohwell.gif

Might try the JetBlue thing for shots and giggles. Nothing like FoFree buddy passes.

I've said this before. If you like sports work for a local sports team if you have one. It's easy, fun, fringe benefits are nice and there is an off season to recharge your batteries.

Coaching/Reffing youth sports. It is a couple hour commitment a week, its fun as hell and it is fulfilling.

Then reselling of course. Make a couple connects. Put in an initial investment of 1-2k. Keep the profit margin low but the volume high

Wont lie the Airline stuff sounds sweet, I would only use it for the discount but heck the days I would fly out would be the days I need to work. smh

Doesnt Apple have a 20 hr per week work from home Help Desk job?

Become a "Brand Ambassador." What state are you in OP? You can work the demos that are at major events (concerts, NFL games, NBA, etc etc). You get to choose which assignments you want to take and they pay a minimum of $15/hr in most cases. PLUS, you usually get to keep whatever product you are demoing. Friends have gotten free iPads (these jobs require more of a time commitment) and Starbucks coffee makers.

You can also become what is known as a "Mystery Shopper." This is an easy job too, where all you do is evaluate the customer service skills of employees of major companies. Some examples of shops I've done are going to a nice restaurant for dinner, pretending I'm looking to buy a car at a dealership, or acting like I'm trying to rent an apartment from a local community. Most of these jobs don't require you to spend money, but if they do you'll get refunded for your costs (food, drinks, ect) plus you'll get a shop fee added on top of that.

These are both easy ways to make money on the side because you can do them on your lunch break at your full time job, or just pick and choose which events and shops work best with your schedule.

Any of you guys can PM and I can guide you towards some reputable brand ambassador and mystery shop companies.

EDIT: Here are some companies to check out

http://methodmodels.com/

http://www.encorenationwide.com/

http://www.bigorangeproductions.com/

http://eventprostrategies.com/

http://www.quickstrikefieldmarketing.com/team.aspx

https://www.sassieshop.com/sassie/SassieShopperSignup/Signup.php?EmsID=OTWjtdM+sxk=

Last edited:
Become a "Brand Ambassador." What state are you in OP? You can work the demos that are at major events (concerts, NFL games, NBA, etc etc). You get to choose which assignments you want to take and they pay a minimum of $15/hr in most cases. PLUS, you usually get to keep whatever product you are demoing. Friends have gotten free iPads (these jobs require more of a time commitment) and Starbucks coffee makers.

You can also become what is known as a "Mystery Shopper." This is an easy job too, where all you do is evaluate the customer service skills of employees of major companies. Some examples of shops I've done are going to a nice restaurant for dinner, pretending I'm looking to buy a car at a dealership, or acting like I'm trying to rent an apartment from a local community. Most of these jobs don't require you to spend money, but if they do you'll get refunded for your costs (food, drinks, ect) plus you'll get a shop fee added on top of that.

These are both easy ways to make money on the side because you can do them on your lunch break at your full time job, or just pick and choose which events and shops work best with your schedule.

Any of you guys can PM and I can guide you towards some reputable brand ambassador and mystery shop companies.

shoot me info on that bro

You guys seriously need to start looking into Amway. There's a huge misconception that it's just a "scam" and "pyramid scheme." No. You are just building your own online business and you gotta bust your *** for it to be successful. If anyone has gone to one of the meetings, there are people who started roughly 5 years ago and already making 6 figures!!!!! One of these meetings took place at a guy's mansion who's been doing it for almost 30 years and he makes 1.5 million a year! My co-worker who put me onto Amyway quit last month because he's making good money off of it and now he's just chilling. It's not for everyone, though. It's for people who know how to talk and know how to sell and if you don't like it, you can leave at any time. Granted, I'm not quitting my job over it (just yet), but it is an awesome side hustle

Last edited:
You guys seriously need to start looking into Amway. There's a huge misconception that it's just a "scam" and "pyramid scheme." No. You are just building your own online business and you gotta bust your *** for it to be successful. If anyone has gone to one of the meetings, there are people who started roughly 5 years ago and already making 6 figures!!!!! One of these meetings took place at a guy's mansion who's been doing it for almost 30 years and he makes 1.5 million a year! My co-worker who put me onto Amyway quit last month because he's making good money off of it and now he's just chilling. It's not for everyone, though. It's for people who know how to talk and know how to sell and if you don't like it, you can leave at any time. Granted, I'm not quitting my job over it (just yet), but it is an awesome side hustle

Naw famb.

We're looking for easy part time money.

Leave that hard work for the main gig

Try 3rd shift at a group home or RTC. You get a lot done during those hours especially "sleep", if you play your cards right.

Back
Top Bottom