Good to Get Windshield Tinted?

Originally Posted by maxi320

I have 35 or 30 everywhere except the front. I think its legal in MA where my car used to be restired, but not in RI where I'm registered now. I've been harassed a few times, but never ticketed.

word? ri tint law is 75% or some stupid.

I have 15% around and 50% on the windshield on my black G35 from the advice of the guy that did my tints. Like said above I actually do live in South Floridaso I didn't really hesitate too much to do it though it's all illegal. One time I got pulled over for speeding and got a ticket for my tints (did notlook twice at the windshield though) thrown on top of it but I was pulled over by a douche state trooper. My dad is a sergeant in Coral Gables where UM is andthis is the only guy that still gave me a ticket and ignored my father's phone calls. Also, by the time I paid it off through a ticket clinic it didn'tcost much, and pardon my horrible memory, but he might have even thrown it out completely.

Tint keeps the heat out during the day time right? It might be time for me to look into it. It's going to be 100 today so summer is officially underwayhere in OK

nah dont do the front... one of my homies got that done back in high school... i dont remember wat % but he got pulled over everyday for a week and a halfstraight
laugh.gif
... he finally decided to take it off

and my cousin got pulled over and ticketed a bunch of times for mirror tints

laugh.gif
Do it. It's funny when you tint all your windows and go to a fast food restaurant. Usually there's someone outside on the sidewalk, so just drivereal slow, and idle your car. The people on the sidewalk start to sweat and get nervous.
roll.gif
I did that a few times in NJ. Sheer comedy.

when i was in guatemala all the narcos and drug dealers limo tinted all around. some cars look really intimidating with all that tint.

I'm pretty sure your insurance would have a problem covering you if you get into an accident with tints on your windshield.

Someone school me on tint %'s. Like the higher the % the less dark it is, right? Like 30% is not as dark as 10%?

Originally Posted by 18key

Someone school me on tint %'s. Like the higher the % the less dark it is, right? Like 30% is not as dark as 10%?

Yeah, the % is the % of light let in the car by the tint

so a 5% tint is only letting in 5% of sunlight in the car.

Originally Posted by socluis90

limo tint all around here but not the windshield. cali cops are anal about the front windows but i havent got pulled over for it yet.
Same here.

I've gotten pulled over 4 seperate times and nvr have they ever said anything about my windows nor were they the reason I was ever pulled over.

Originally Posted by Freshly Snipes

I got 5 all the way around except for the windshield. I can't see **@% at night haha

same here,The back window is cool cause SUV's n trucks aint blindin me at night(my car sits low).I like the looks of 5% tint,but i have hit a few curbs ondark streets cause i cant see out the side windows
roll.gif
But OP why would youtint the whole front window?jus do the 4inch strip at the top in like 15%.Ive never seen a car with a full tinted front window.

keep it legal, I get pulled all the time for my tint even though it is the darkest legal

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Tint keeps the heat out during the day time right? It might be time for me to look into it. It's going to be 100 today so summer is officially underway here in OK

it dont really keep the heat out ,but it keeps it shady where the sun aint beatin down on you.

Originally Posted by BallinB

keep it legal, I get pulled all the time for my tint even though it is the darkest legal
where u live?Ive never got pulled over just for the tint,i got pulled over for speedin n then ticketed for the tint .Ive had 3 cars with 5% allthe way around besides front for 6 years n never got stopped in Florida or ohio.

dont mean to thread jack but since were on the topic.

i have 15% all around besides the front windshield and im drivin to cali which has stricter tinting laws that say you have to have a 70% on the front sides,will i get ticketed even tho im front another state?

where im at.....35% is the legal limit, but you can have the rear and back window as dark as you want, hell...paint the windows black if you want to!
laugh.gif

i read on here that insurance companies wont cover you if you have the windshield tinted

any truth to this?

- I had 15% all the way around on my Acura, and 35% on the windshield and never got looked at twice.

I live in Atlanta if that means anything. As far as insurance companies go, I have heard rumors they will not cover you if they find out you had an accidentand have a tint on the front.

You better be able to see well at night. I remember countless times at night when it rained and was dark I could not see +$+!, and that was at 35%.

Back
Top Bottom