Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

[h1][/h1]
[h1]DE Nick Bell in intensive care[/h1]

Associated Press

STARKVILLE, Miss. -- Mississippi State defensive end Nick Bell is in intensive care after emergency surgery in Birmingham, Ala., after it was found Sunday that his cancer has spread.

[h4]SEC blog[/h4]
low_chris_m.jpg
ESPN.com's Chris Low writes about all things SEC in his conference blog.

• Blog network:
College Football Nation

In a statement, Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen says he visited Bell at the University of Alabama-Birmingham hospital on Monday afternoon. Bell, who is from Bessemer, Ala., had surgery on Monday morning. He began experiencing headaches in late September and had surgery on Oct. 1 to remove a mass on his brain. The mass was later diagnosed as a form of skin cancer.

Mullen says about 50 Mississippi State players planned to visit Bell in the hospital on Monday evening.

Bell, a 6-foot-3, 265-pound sophomore, has played in four games this season, including two starts, making seven tackles.

frown.gif

Reports are that Bell just passed away

RIP 
tired.gif
tired.gif

frown.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

[h1][/h1]
[h1]DE Nick Bell in intensive care[/h1]

Associated Press

STARKVILLE, Miss. -- Mississippi State defensive end Nick Bell is in intensive care after emergency surgery in Birmingham, Ala., after it was found Sunday that his cancer has spread.

[h4]SEC blog[/h4]
low_chris_m.jpg
ESPN.com's Chris Low writes about all things SEC in his conference blog.

• Blog network:
College Football Nation

In a statement, Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen says he visited Bell at the University of Alabama-Birmingham hospital on Monday afternoon. Bell, who is from Bessemer, Ala., had surgery on Monday morning. He began experiencing headaches in late September and had surgery on Oct. 1 to remove a mass on his brain. The mass was later diagnosed as a form of skin cancer.

Mullen says about 50 Mississippi State players planned to visit Bell in the hospital on Monday evening.

Bell, a 6-foot-3, 265-pound sophomore, has played in four games this season, including two starts, making seven tackles.

frown.gif

Reports are that Bell just passed away

RIP 
tired.gif
tired.gif

frown.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Big East looks to add 2 football teams[/h1]

By Joe Schad
ESPN.com
Archive

Big East presidents agreed in a meeting on Tuesday that it would be in their best interests to increase its football membership from eight to ten members, the conference said.

[h4]Big East blog[/h4]
bennett_brian_m.jpg
ESPN.com's Brian Bennett writes about all things Big East in his conference blog.

• Blog network:
College Football Nation

"Today, our Board of Directors affirmed a set of key strategic initiatives, including expansion, designed to enhance membership stability and maximize our value," Big East commissioner John Marinatto said in a statement.

Marinatto said the conference will refrain from commenting further on the expansion process.

The Big East has previously inquired about Villanova's interests in moving to the highest division of college football. The Wildcats are currently ranked third in the Top 25 Football Championship Series coaches' poll. Additionally, Villanova is one of the 16 teams that already comprise the Big East's basketball membership.

UCF, East Carolina, Memphis and Temple have all been mentioned in reports as possibilities for joining the conference.

The New York Post recently reported that the Big East could even be interested in moving west to TCU or Houston.

The Big East is currently the smallest BCS football conference. Officials did not say how expansion would affect the 16-team basketball alignment.

Joe Schad is a national college football reporter for ESPN.com. ESPN.com Big East reporter Brian Bennett contributed to this report.

Help Villanova make the transition and go after Temple. The basketball conference is going to be bloated. Does someone get the boot? If so, make that someone Notre Dame. They don't want to join us in football but want to reap the benefits of basketball. They can't continue to have it both ways. School presidents need to put their foot down and expel them already. If you add Memphis, their basketball program joining the conference is a no brainer. UCF makes sense only because Tampa (USF) is a part of Big East country so why not go to Orlando?

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Big East looks to add 2 football teams[/h1]

By Joe Schad
ESPN.com
Archive

Big East presidents agreed in a meeting on Tuesday that it would be in their best interests to increase its football membership from eight to ten members, the conference said.

[h4]Big East blog[/h4]
bennett_brian_m.jpg
ESPN.com's Brian Bennett writes about all things Big East in his conference blog.

• Blog network:
College Football Nation

"Today, our Board of Directors affirmed a set of key strategic initiatives, including expansion, designed to enhance membership stability and maximize our value," Big East commissioner John Marinatto said in a statement.

Marinatto said the conference will refrain from commenting further on the expansion process.

The Big East has previously inquired about Villanova's interests in moving to the highest division of college football. The Wildcats are currently ranked third in the Top 25 Football Championship Series coaches' poll. Additionally, Villanova is one of the 16 teams that already comprise the Big East's basketball membership.

UCF, East Carolina, Memphis and Temple have all been mentioned in reports as possibilities for joining the conference.

The New York Post recently reported that the Big East could even be interested in moving west to TCU or Houston.

The Big East is currently the smallest BCS football conference. Officials did not say how expansion would affect the 16-team basketball alignment.

Joe Schad is a national college football reporter for ESPN.com. ESPN.com Big East reporter Brian Bennett contributed to this report.

Help Villanova make the transition and go after Temple. The basketball conference is going to be bloated. Does someone get the boot? If so, make that someone Notre Dame. They don't want to join us in football but want to reap the benefits of basketball. They can't continue to have it both ways. School presidents need to put their foot down and expel them already. If you add Memphis, their basketball program joining the conference is a no brainer. UCF makes sense only because Tampa (USF) is a part of Big East country so why not go to Orlando?

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

so big east talking to TCU,houston ,UFC and temple

From what I understand, their main interests are Nova, TCU, and UCF. I dont think they really want Temple.

If the Big East wants to improve in Football, I dont see their fascination with Nova. I know its a nice TV market, but if they make that jump, wont it take them a while to become good? Even at that, there is no promise that they will become a good football program.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

so big east talking to TCU,houston ,UFC and temple

From what I understand, their main interests are Nova, TCU, and UCF. I dont think they really want Temple.

If the Big East wants to improve in Football, I dont see their fascination with Nova. I know its a nice TV market, but if they make that jump, wont it take them a while to become good? Even at that, there is no promise that they will become a good football program.

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

Damn man...RIP Nick Bell

Georgia upsets Auburn in 2 weeks..

Nope...they couldn't even stop our putrid offense and sorry QB in Brantley, no way they slow down Cam. It's beat Bama or bust for AU.

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

Damn man...RIP Nick Bell

Georgia upsets Auburn in 2 weeks..

Nope...they couldn't even stop our putrid offense and sorry QB in Brantley, no way they slow down Cam. It's beat Bama or bust for AU.

Havent really seen anyone talk about this, but is there any chance Brian Kelly sees any negative blow back from having the kid on the lift in those conditions?

Havent really seen anyone talk about this, but is there any chance Brian Kelly sees any negative blow back from having the kid on the lift in those conditions?

He might recieve some, but what is the worst that happens to him?

People will tell him he shouldn't have let him up there and that's it.

He might recieve some, but what is the worst that happens to him?

People will tell him he shouldn't have let him up there and that's it.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

I dunno how he isn't held responsible. RRod it up 10-12 feet during the same conditions and talked to the videographer about the weather conditions.

I dunno how he isn't held responsible. RRod it up 10-12 feet during the same conditions and talked to the videographer about the weather conditions.

He should, he should have been fired. As the head coach you oversee everything that is going on, even the camera guys.

I dont think alot of people saw this quote from Jim Tressel last week...

http://msn.foxsports.com/...t-death-102910?gt1=39002
The head football coach has final say over everything that transpires on the practice field. Everything. That’s why Ohio State’s Jim Tressel moved the Buckeyes’ practice inside on Tuesday when wind gusts made conditions unsafe.

“I don’t know if we’ll be inside or out,

He should, he should have been fired. As the head coach you oversee everything that is going on, even the camera guys.

I dont think alot of people saw this quote from Jim Tressel last week...

http://msn.foxsports.com/...t-death-102910?gt1=39002
The head football coach has final say over everything that transpires on the practice field. Everything. That’s why Ohio State’s Jim Tressel moved the Buckeyes’ practice inside on Tuesday when wind gusts made conditions unsafe.

“I don’t know if we’ll be inside or out,

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

True, they've called our number a few times recently
frown.gif

If I had to rate the remaining opponents it would go as such:
1. Oregon St.
2. Cal (Because of the above)
3. Arizona (Because it's a home game and the Wildcats have been up and down this year)
4. Washington
i would not even worry the slightest bit about the bears, our squad is basura

frown.gif

1. Oregon St.
3. Arizona (Because it's a home game and the Wildcats have been up and down this year)
4. Washington

the news about Nick Bell is absolutely tragic. by all accounts, a great kid. and just 20 years old.

glad my bulldogs have the week off to absorb this all. hope they do something special for him during the alabama game in two weeks.

r.i.p.

the news about Nick Bell is absolutely tragic. by all accounts, a great kid. and just 20 years old.

glad my bulldogs have the week off to absorb this all. hope they do something special for him during the alabama game in two weeks.

r.i.p.

Originally Posted by FlashEightZero

frown.gif

1. Oregon St.
4. Washington
And our squad is Oregon
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

We always get played close by Cal, if not lose. We've won 2 times out of the past 6, and last year was the only blowout. I really wish I wasnt so pessimistic about the upcoming games
30t6p3b.gif
but it's to the point where I expect a heartbreaking loss from this team.

Back
Top Bottom