Gooden bought out, Could be a Spur?

Drew Gooden was bought out tonight, they are saying the Spurs are front runners to signing him. If they sign him i think this makes the Spurs very dangerouseven though he doesnt play defense.

@%# L.A make a move... Da spurs and celtics have gotten better this week

They really blank out curse abbreviations SMH

God I'd kill to have Gooden on the Mavericks.

Forget the Spurs, Lakers, or anyone else you might be thinking about joining. GO WHERE YOU CAN START AND SHINE SON!

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

I thought they had to be on the roster by March 1 to be eligible for the playoffs?

i think players need to be waived or bought out by march 2nd. Deadline to sign someone is Wed from what i heard.

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

I thought they had to be on the roster by March 1 to be eligible for the playoffs?
A player has to be bought out/waived by March 1 to be eligible for the playoffs.

Kings buy out Gooden's contract Comment Email Print Share By Marc Stein ESPN.com Archive The Sacramento Kings have reached a buyout agreement with Drew Gooden in time for the forward to be eligible for the playoffs with another team. Gooden was formally waived by the Kings shortly after 11 p.m. ET on Sunday night. He had to be released by 11:59 p.m. to be playoff-eligible for his next employer. Gooden was due $7.1 million in the final season of his contract. San Antonio and Dallas are among the teams that will be chasing Gooden hardest this week, sources said, with the Cleveland Cavaliers expected to land the other prominent veteran who reached a buyout agreement Sunday night: Oklahoma City's Joe Smith. Both Smith and Gooden are expected to clear waivers Wednesday. The Kings acquired Gooden from Chicago on the eve of the Feb. 19 trade deadline in a deal that sent Brad Miller and John Salmons to the Bulls. Gooden played his only game with the Kings last Wednesday, getting 12 points and 13 rebounds against Charlotte before leaving the court in pain in the fourth quarter. Gooden has been slowed by a groin injury for six weeks, and hadn't played for Chicago since Jan. 19. Marc Stein is a senior NBA writer for ESPN.com. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

I'd love to have him in Dallas...
Over @ Dbball.com we were discussing it, and how it is good for his future as well. Imagine how well he'd play on offense with Kidd, he playswell on offense without any relatively good passers, and with Kidd at his side, a low-post threat for the Mavericks?! He'd be the best low-post playerwe've had since I've been following the Mavericks.

Also, he'd get so many minutes here in Dallas, so he'll be able to show-off if he wants to leave after this year.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Nowitness, where'd you get that cap avy?
Found the pic on my computer cleaning some %*#% out...
laugh.gif
Iliterally have no idea where it came from...

And yeah JapanAir... I completely agree... It'd be a great fit for both sides I think...

" Mark Stein is saying that SA and Dal are among teams going after Gooden while Cavs are looking to go after Smith "

A quote from a Dallas forum, so take it with a grain of salt.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

I'd love to have him in Dallas...
Over @ Dbball.com we were discussing it, and how it is good for his future as well. Imagine how well he'd play on offense with Kidd, he plays well on offense without any relatively good passers, and with Kidd at his side, a low-post threat for the Mavericks?! He'd be the best low-post player we've had since I've been following the Mavericks.

Also, he'd get so many minutes here in Dallas, so he'll be able to show-off if he wants to leave after this year.
But Brandon Bass
frown.gif

Forget Brandon Bass, he's been succeeded by James Singleton IMO. We SHOULD have moved him, Josh, and Stackhouse for a secondary scorer, we could havegotten a good player for that package, but now people will realize that Bass isn't that good, his BBIQ is decent at best, and he's just a freak of anathlete.

i had no clue this guy was even a part of that deal to the kings...just read the headline of the deal

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Forget Brandon Bass
Return to sender.
pimp.gif

Dude, put a comma in between Carroll and Dampier; that has been driving me nuts. Grammar OCD.
grin.gif

roll.gif
. I'll do it, just for you. I didn't notice. Erweeezy, he played one game with the Kings. And got a double double.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom