Google and Facebook is pursuing Twitter

Google Inc. and Facebook Inc. have both held low-level talks with Twitter Inc. about purchasing the social networking service, according to a report published Thursday.

The talks have valued Twitter at $8 billion to $10 billion, according to unnamed sources cited by The Wall Street Journal. The sources said the company had 2010 revenue of $45 million but lost money as it hired and invested in data centers, according to the Journal.

Investors have shown keen interest in social networking services in recent months. Last month, daily coupon website Groupon raised $950 million in financing after reportedly turning down Google's offer to purchase it for $6 billion. Facebook is also said to have received $500 million in new funding last month.

Twitter and Facebook declined to comment. Google did not immediately respond to messages seeking comment.
http://www.salon.com/tech...google_acquisition_talks

--------------------------------------

I say do it for the right price.

Google Inc. and Facebook Inc. have both held low-level talks with Twitter Inc. about purchasing the social networking service, according to a report published Thursday.

The talks have valued Twitter at $8 billion to $10 billion, according to unnamed sources cited by The Wall Street Journal. The sources said the company had 2010 revenue of $45 million but lost money as it hired and invested in data centers, according to the Journal.

Investors have shown keen interest in social networking services in recent months. Last month, daily coupon website Groupon raised $950 million in financing after reportedly turning down Google's offer to purchase it for $6 billion. Facebook is also said to have received $500 million in new funding last month.

Twitter and Facebook declined to comment. Google did not immediately respond to messages seeking comment.
http://www.salon.com/tech...google_acquisition_talks

--------------------------------------

I say do it for the right price.

all these members on NT, we cant think of some genius idea an all break bread together?

all these members on NT, we cant think of some genius idea an all break bread together?

Twitter is amazing. I know people say Facebook keeps you connected, but I would say twitter does a much better job of that and without all the BS. It's hard to see it losing its luster the way it is right now. Facebook seems so dry after using twitter.

Twitter is amazing. I know people say Facebook keeps you connected, but I would say twitter does a much better job of that and without all the BS. It's hard to see it losing its luster the way it is right now. Facebook seems so dry after using twitter.

Google and Facebook are gonna take over the world

If they haven't already
laugh.gif

Eww, does that mean they're gonna fuse or something? I don't want people's %+#*% %$$ tweets touching my statuses...

Eww, does that mean they're gonna fuse or something? I don't want people's %+#*% %$$ tweets touching my statuses...

TEN BILLION?!

eek.gif

Jesus F Christ! Web-bubble ALL over again.

Has twitter even turned a profit yet???

TEN BILLION?!

eek.gif

Jesus F Christ! Web-bubble ALL over again.

Has twitter even turned a profit yet???

Back
Top Bottom