Google is trying to take over your life.

definitely a good quick watch...

still embeding, I'm not sure how to do...
ohwell.gif

Saw a documentary about Google and them storing every bit and piece of information you search about in their servers. This was on CNBC but this is what most people should know already. Google can pretty much trace your identity based on your queries searched. But obviously there is more pertaining to thier privacy issues.

Been trying to tell people about this for years, way back when we were debating about digital cable. Google's going to manhandle the future. They are going to surpass Microsoft in business terms. Cell phone service etc..

It's already over. The only thing that can stop them is the congress.

But honestly, you might as well stop worrying about it...or cover your tracks if your doing something that needs to worry about it. Reason is, is because the government has always been doing this anyway with the internet and even phone calls. Google's only doing it for business reasons, consumer profiling. That's how they are so powerful in their products and business moves, is because they have the most resources regarding consumer information.

Social media/sites, GPS, smartphones, digital cable, credit cards etc. Do you really think you can keep your life from being tracked?

EDIT: just watched the video. What does Darth Vader have to do with it?

Nice thread OP, that video doesn't seem far fetch. Hell, look at NTer's posting people's houses on here. Evertytime you sign onto Modzilla on your PC like me, there are tabs with google in it. I swear to you, I was thinking about this no more than 2 days ago. Why the Efff does Google have to be in my life??? I use to use Altavista for my search engine. Hmmmm
http://www.youtube.com/v/dv4j4bguYYk&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/dv4j4bguYYk&hl=en_US&fs=1& http://www.youtube.com/v/dv4j4bguYYk&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/dv4j4bguYYk&hl=en_US&fs=1&

Google is the +!##.

So what if they know a little info, the average person can't use it to their advantage so why yall care so much?

So what if they know a little info, the average person can't use it to their advantage so why yall care so much?

Ummm did you know that by using Gmail, Google owns the rights to everything you send and receive through that account? Makes you reconsider what you just said...

Ok? That's fine. I wouldn't send anything inap
propriate through my account anyways.

It's the email I use for colleges.

That's what texting is for.
smile.gif

Basically what I'm sayin is, if you keep everything clean you shouldn't be worried.

If you're doing inappropriate things just switch engines, simple as that.

It may be.too late now though.
laugh.gif

They're trying to own/create a power company?
eek.gif

I just got a little uncomfortable...

Originally Posted by Ouch my feet

Ummm did you know that by using Gmail, Google owns the rights to everything you send and receive through that account? Makes you reconsider what you just said...
im pretty sure yahoo & hotmail work the same way tho.

Google wants to take all these services, and give them away for free. Its all about advertising.  Honestly, i have concerns about all the information they possess about me, but at the end of the day, they are gonna use it for advertising.

Originally Posted by buggz05

EDIT: just watched the video. What does Darth Vader have to do with it?

maybe im wrong but i think its symbolism for something that used to be good, back when they were just a search engine, back before they started holding onto your own search results FOREVER through your gmail account ,then they saw all this power they could have and went after it

on top of that  they got a new set top box in the works with intel and sony, probably going to keep track of everything from what programs and commercials you watch to the ones you skip

My thing is...you USE their products...I always wonder why people cry so much about privacy....what the hell are you hiding? Live a virtuous life!

If they want information, they already have it. You'd be a fool to think that they're not gathering info on you...its to easy NOT to...

Originally Posted by superflyinchopstickninja

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

yahoolocaust
laugh.gif

roll.gif

on another note...

i got  google search engine...

google voice...

gmail...

i wanna get a nexus...

if google made a game system, i'd play that...

if google. made a mp3 player, i'd cop that...

if google made juice, i'd drink that...

if google made kicks, i'd rock those...

if google made cough syrup, i'd take it when i was sick...

if google made computers, i'd cop that..

if google made doritos, i'd eat more...

if google had a fitted, i'd def rock that...

if google made condoms, i'd smash with them on...

if google made a pregnancy test, i'd tell my girl to use it if she missed her cycle...

get my drift?...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by handullz

Originally Posted by superflyinchopstickninja

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

yahoolocaust
laugh.gif

roll.gif

on another note...

i got  google search engine...

google voice...

gmail...

i wanna get a nexus...

if google made a game system, i'd play that...

if google. made a mp3 player, i'd cop that...

if google made juice, i'd drink that...

if google made kicks, i'd rock those...

if google made cough syrup, i'd take it when i was sick...

if google made computers, i'd cop that..

if google made doritos, i'd eat more...

if google had a fitted, i'd def rock that...

if google made condoms, i'd smash with them on...

if google made a pregnancy test, i'd tell my girl to use it if she missed her cycle...

get my drift?...
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I get you. I’m on the same boat. I'm a google fan boy and don’t see anything wrong with it.
SMH @ you guys thinking the rest of the internet/all your text messages are private.
If you want to keep a message private it better be hand delivered on papyrus paper.

Back
Top Bottom