GOP Chairman Plans To Target Hip-Hop Audience In The Coming Future

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

The funny thing is...

most black people I know are technically republicans. If it wasn't for the overly racist undertones in the GOP, you'd see a lot more black support out there.

I'm not trying to generalize here, (and I bet someone will take this out of context) but most black people I know are more socially conservative than you would think...and even more so fiscally conservative.

The media sells their agenda and causes people to really abandon what they think they know...

Its crazy to think about sometimes...

Oh well... Good Luck to Mr. Steele. The fact that they let him in the damn organization means a lot more than we're giving him credit for... He could have been a push-over but the fact is that he is not and this could make for a very interesthing next 4 years.

I'll still be a Dem though...

Exactly. you'd think most blacks/Hispanics would indeed be republicans due to their principles. if the gopmakes a huge effort, they could be increasing the black vote by a great number within the next decade.

Originally Posted by Gordon Gekko 979

Originally Posted by rickybadman

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Michael Steele has no idea who and what he is working for. Little does he know that deep down, he's not even truly welcomed. Besides, Michael Steele is the last person that I would want to run an advertisement campaign.
roll.gif
and obama is welcomed? Obama is nothing more than a posterboy, sorry to break your hip hop heart. Once things hit the fan, white liberals will abandon him as they did bush.
Your post is so stupid in so many ways. White liberals never supported Bush buddy. Obama is not just a poster boy to the hip hop /black community he is the embodiment of the American dream to many many people.

Yes, if you truly think obama could of won any presidential election had it not been for bush's mess, you are lying to yourself. Obama is decent, his wife is a hidden racist. Beneath the surface she doesnt like white people.
"For The First Time In My Life I'm Proud of My Country"-M. Obama
But idk what im talking about, i'm making all this up
eyes.gif
Sean.jpg

Is that you???

The GOP needs to regroup and rethink their long term strategies..

Michael Steele is not gonna be able to pull in any hip-hop audience.. we can smell the phoniness.. you can't just put any black face and call it a day..dumbasses..

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

rickybadman wrote:

Gordon Gekko 979 wrote:

Deuce King wrote:

Michael Steele has no idea who and what he is working for. Little does he know that deep down, he's not even truly welcomed. Besides, Michael Steele
is the last person that I would want to run an advertisement campaign.
roll.gif
and obama is welcomed? Obama is nothing more than a
posterboy, sorry to break your hip hop heart. Once things hit the fan, white liberals will abandon him as they did bush.
Your post is so stupid in so many ways. White liberals never supported Bush buddy. Obama is not just a poster boy to the hip hop /black
community he is the embodiment of the American dream to many many people.

Yes, if you truly think obama could of won any presidential election had it not been for bush's mess, you are lying to yourself. Obama is decent, his wife
is a hidden racist. Beneath the surface she doesnt like white people.

eyes.gif

Sean.jpg

Is that you???

03e15cef99a12ee6bbd03219196dd61dd9b05d1.gif

Another political thread on NT filled with ignorance & people who don't know what they're talking about...... YAY!!!

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Originally Posted by rickybadman

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Michael Steele has no idea who and what he is working for. Little does he know that deep down, he's not even truly welcomed. Besides, Michael Steele is the last person that I would want to run an advertisement campaign.
roll.gif
and obama is welcomed? Obama is nothing more than a posterboy, sorry to break your hip hop heart. Once things hit the fan, white liberals will abandon him as they did bush.
Your post is so stupid in so many ways. White liberals never supported Bush buddy. Obama is not just a poster boy to the hip hop /black community he is the embodiment of the American dream to many many people.

Yes, if you truly think obama could of won any presidential election had it not been for bush's mess, you are lying to yourself. Obama is decent, his wife is a hidden racist. Beneath the surface she doesnt like white people.
eyes.gif
Sean.jpg

Is that you???

laugh.gif

dude, i'm not republican nor democrat. i'm a independent. if most citizens had common sense they'd realize the flaws in both parties
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

This dude is a clown. [White Repulican Leader] "Hey Mike , you should start telling 18-34 year old blacks and hispanics we support hip- hop music [White Repulican Leader], ok SIR [Michael Steele]. This NIGG@ has COMPLETELY sold his soul, and should be ashamed to call himself a black man. WE (ALL) ARE NOT IGNORANT, THIS WON'T WORK. That is all.

Your turning this thread into something else. SO ALL BLACK MAN SHOULD BE DEMOCRATS? REALLY, WHAT PART OF THE GAME IS THAT? these are the same groups of peoplethat scream equality, and how they shouldn't be labeled as one, then you see comments like these being spewed on the daily. contradicting yourself FTW? Sohow exactly should a black man act? I'm curious. good luck with democrats, look at the current state of black america, it appears they have been treatingyou guys so well
tired.gif

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Michael Steele is not gonna be able to pull in any hip-hop audience.. we can smell the phoniness.. you can't just put any black face and call it a day.. dumbasses..
What I think we have to remember here is that...

not everyone is as educated as you.

Just as easy as it is to put a face on a campaign (Obama) it is just as easy to put a face on an Organization (Steele).

People love to lie to themselves and say that the increased black turnout was not because Obama was black.

You can't be serious. While thats what we'd LIKE to think, I dare you to answer why black votership was so low in previous years...maybe because therewasn't a black candidate? Exactly. I support Obama, I do not support the overwhelming view of my people...

(Short Story)
In APHIA we have a national program, Go to High School, Go to College. Today I visited a highschool with some of my bruhs and talked to them about businessprofessionalism, attire, interviewing skills, etc to a group of graduating seniors who really needed it. When it came time to say the Pledge of Allegiance, NOONE STOOD UP. yet one man had the AUDACITY to blurt out "OBAMA!" If that is not the most disturbing thing about the portrayal of American youth andperspective, I don't know what is. And this view is only a microcosm of whats really out there...

How many people voted for Obama NOT knowing any sort of platform, major idea, or stance? But because of his racial affliation? Exactly. Besides what isprobably now the talented 15-20th, the majority of people are easily consumed by public and widespread opinion. You saw the videos of McCain that showed howeasily people were afraid of Obama and claiming he had terrorist affliations and all that other nonsense... It is VERY EASY to change the minds of Americans.They will easily accept what is given to them with little to none questioning or challenging of authority. McCarthyism for example? While he won't changeOUR minds because we may be individuals who understand political agendas and can see both sides of the story and develop our own critiques, NOT everyone iscapable of doing so. This isn't an elitist comment, its just fact. Most of the work that politicians do is to convince these majorities who are easilyswayed. Most educated people ALREADY KNOW THE DEAL. They dont need all teh campaigning and what not. They already know who they're voting for and who theysupport. Its those voters and citizens who had the nerve to go to townhall "debates" and claim to be UNDECIDED TWO WEEKS BEFORE THE BIGGEST ELECTIONIN AMERICAN HISTORY. Think about it...

Thus why I said that these next four years, if played well, will be a VERY interesting portrayal of American intelligence and understanding.

roll.gif

laugh.gif
You keep thinking that champ, as long as that makes you feel better.

does anyone remember the corny commercials that featured W. bush repeating "michael steele"?
laugh.gif

Like I said earlier, Steele is the last person I would want to run in advertising campaign.

If it wasn't for the overly racist undertones in the GOP, you'd see a lot more black support out there.

I agree with you on that, but I don't forsee the GOP abandoning the racist undertones that represent organization anytime soon, that's like asking aleopard to change it's spots..............it's just something they were born with.

Obama is decent, his wife is a hidden racist. Beneath the surface she doesnt like white people.

You need to stop being feed by Hannity and the likes, if anything that comment could be taken as Michelle Obama being un-American, not racist, big differencechamp.

steele will take down obama with very little effort ...

If a past war hero and a former beauty queen couldn't take down Obama, you really think Steele has what it takes, LOL. Keep dreaming Marley.

if the gop makes a huge effort, they could be increasing the black vote by a great number within the next decade.

LOLx2.

In APHIA we have a national program

happy.gif
Good man.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Michael Steele is not gonna be able to pull in any hip-hop audience.. we can smell the phoniness.. you can't just put any black face and call it a day.. dumbasses..
What I think we have to remember here is that...

not everyone is as educated as you.

How many people voted for Obama NOT knowing any sort of platform, major idea, or stance? But because of his racial affliation? Exactly. Besides what is probably now the talented 15-20th, the majority of people are easily consumed by public and widespread opinion. You saw the videos of McCain that showed how easily people were afraid of Obama and claiming he had terrorist affliations and all that other nonsense... It is VERY EASY to change the minds of Americans. They will easily accept what is given to them with little to none questioning or challenging of authority. McCarthyism for example? While he won't change OUR minds because we may be individuals who understand political agendas and can see both sides of the story and develop our own critiques, NOT everyone is capable of doing so. This isn't an elitist comment, its just fact. Most of the work that politicians do is to convince these majorities who are easily swayed. Most educated people ALREADY KNOW THE DEAL. They dont need all teh campaigning and what not. They already know who they're voting for and who they support. Its those voters and citizens who had the nerve to go to townhall "debates" and claim to be UNDECIDED TWO WEEKS BEFORE THE BIGGEST ELECTION IN AMERICAN HISTORY. Think about it...

Thus why I said that these next four years, if played well, will be a VERY interesting portrayal of American intelligence and understanding.

EXACTLY. you seem to have a good grasp at what you're talking about, unlike others.

reliant j, i mean hispanics are become more liberal, dont don't you think if the GOP tried to reach a hand to them they'd be more open to vote forthe GOP? It appears in terms of social issues latinos tend to be conservative, it's just the economic policies that turn them off...

The only way the GOP makes inroads with minorities is through action. What legislation do they support that really speaks to the core of blacks, Hispanics orpoor people in general?

I do agree that most older black people are conservative, but the GOP shoots itself in the foot with their message. The McCain campaign was a train wreck ofdiversity.

Wow, I haven't been this excited about the Republican party since MC Karl Rove got on the mic...
eek.gif

Originally Posted by LESfamilia

Wow, I haven't been this excited about the Republican party since MC Karl Rove got on the mic...
eek.gif

Hopefully we get to see him on the mic one more time in a few days, in front of Congress this time though.

Seriously the only way more minorities are attracted to the GOP is when the make up is no longer like this...

080417NS-da-MARRIAGE01_t600.jpg

when you attend a conference, rally or etc

Hey T-Bone, what happened to your signature font - ill informed Nters?!

Steele is a joke.
The RNC's first black chairman will "surprise everyone" when updating the party's image using the Internet and advertisements on radio, on television and in print, he told The Washington Times.

"There was underlying concerns we had become too regionalized and the party needed to reach beyond our comfort" zones, he said, citing defeats in such states as Virginia and North Carolina. "We need messengers to really capture that region - young, Hispanic, black, a cross section ... We want to convey that the modern-day GOP looks like the conservative party that stands on principles. But we want to apply them to urban-surburban hip-hop settings."

Asked if this venture will be cutting-edge, Steele replied, "I don't do 'cutting-edge.' That's what Democrats are doing. We're going beyond cutting-edge."

Steele recently said that President Obama's stimulus was just "bling bling."

smh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ dude still using phrases like "off the hook" & "blingbling" talk about out of touch... how you tryna attract a "hip" group with played out phrases... whats next he's gonna "raise theroof" at his conventions.

that's what baffles me about him trying to reach out.

hip-hop appreciates authenticity - hence the "keep it real" mantra.

He's not real to me, therefore he doesn't exist...

I'm a conservative, but this fake #$! move is stupid as hell.

If the GOP wants to break the monopoly the democratic party has on minorities, than they need to start disproving all the modern democraticly-sponsored liesand misconceptions that characterize GOP and are becoming cemented as truth.

Republicans also need to stop justifying them........"off the hook"
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
......it's like they make every effort to completely satisfy EVERY negative stereotype

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

Democrats: Beware of Michael Steele

By Bob Beckel

After blasting Republicans for an endless string of missteps last week, I concede the GOP finally got one right. Electing the former Lieutenant Governor of Maryland, Michael Steele, to chair the Republican National Committee is a smart move for the GOP and a warning for Democrats.

I have spent hours with Steele at the Fox News studios, and in dozens of TV encounters, and at dinners. Steele is a friendly, formidable, and very partisan man who should not be underestimated. He has a disarming and gifted television personality and an uncanny ability to make the most unreasonable arguments sound rational. In a debate, he can charm his opponents into a false sense of security, and then proceed to maul them. Democrats who underrate Steele do so at their own peril.

The press continually refers to Steele as a "moderate", but he is not a moderate -- he only plays one on television. Under that friendly persona of reasonableness lies the soul of a doctrinaire conservative. From an ardent supply-sider to a committed pro-life advocate (he came within a year of being ordained a Catholic priest), Steele is firmly on the Right.

In the pro-choice state of Maryland, Steele rarely raised the abortion issue in his races for Lieutenant Governor and the U.S. Senate. But his party is looking to him to rekindle the passions of the pro-life movement on a national stage. And Steele is aware of the 2008 falloff of voter turnout in precincts where the pro-life movement is strong.

Democrats will say that abortion is not an important issue right now, especially in the midst of a daunting recession. Among most voting groups they are right, but they miss a group critical to maintaining the Democrats' majority -- Hispanics. Obama won many of their votes in 2008, but the bulk of Hispanic voters, like Steele, are Catholic and fervently anti abortion.

Steele understands that his party cannot regain a national majority unless the GOP can cut into the 2-1 advantage Obama received from Hispanics. But he also recognizes his party's opposition to grant amnesty to illegal aliens, many of whom are Hispanics. That position was, in part, responsible for major defections among Hispanics in 2008 who voted 40%+ for George Bush in 2004. The abortion card, carefully played, is in Steele's hand. And he will use it.

Steel will also try to attract more African American votes, which he emphasized in his campaign. This will be challenging to accomplish as well since the nation now has its first black president. But even here Steele sees an opening among the burgeoning black middle and entrepreneurial classes, of which Mr. Steele is a member. This growing black voting block is skeptical about the Democrats' minority policies that almost exclusively favor poor African-Americans.

Many successful blacks, Steele among them, grew up in sparse economic circumstances but managed to work their way up the ladder and eschew government dependency. They believe similar avenues are available to poorer blacks who have either become dependent upon the government or who lack the initiative to break from the "black as victim" mode.

Steele is firmly in this camp. Born on a military base in Washington D.C., Steele was put up for adoption. His adoptive parents, also from D.C., were hard working people of meager means. Along with his adopted sister (once married to boxer Mike Tyson) Steele was raised in a highly disciplined environment supplemented by a rigorous Catholic education.

Steele has made a good living in the private sector since his failed Senate bid. He has a strong work ethic and believes in a lightly regulated market capitalism. He opposes government intervention in the markets and was an outspoken critic of the Bush/Paulson $700 billion bailout plan. Steele also opposes Obama's stimulus plan.

But Steele is smart enough to avoid direct attacks on a popular president. That said, he anticipates Obama's favorable ratings to fall, which is likely, and when they do, expect Steele to go after the president with a vengeance. It is here that Steele enjoys an advantage: his race. He can attack Obama without being accused of playing the race card.

Steele once told me a story that speaks volumes about his determination to succeed: Steele attended college at Johns Hopkins University. In his freshman year, Steele said, his grades were so bad that the dean of students told him he would not be invited to return. His mother forced him to go back to the dean and insist he was prepared to do anything to continue his studies. The dean said "no," but Steele's mother made him confront the dean again. This went on for weeks until the dean, in desperation, agreed to readmit Steele with the proviso that any bad grades would end in his dismissal, mother or no mother. Steele went on to graduate near the top of his class at Johns Hopkins and was elected student body president.

Democrats beware: Steele faces challenges, perseveres, and succeeds. Given the state of the GOP Steele holds a weak political hand, but you can be sure he will maximize the opportunities of whichever card he holds.

Bob Beckel managed Walter Mondale's 1984 presidential campaign. He is a senior political analyst for the Fox News Channel and a columnist for USA Today. Beckel is the co-author with Cal Thomas of the book "Common Ground."

Dems should be scared of Steele, very scared.

And Bob Beckel is VERY liberal.

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/03/04/is-steele-not-ready-for-prime-time/

So how's Mr. Steele working out for the Republican party thus far
roll.gif
roll.gif
Less than 30 days and many Republicans want him out

SOLD HIS SOU, now they got him apologizing to damn RUSH LIMBAUGH? and he's STILL apart of that party? Dude is a certified CLOWN $!@ UNCLE TOM and isgetting what he deserves for lying in bed with people who only wanted to use him as a pawn. He let them set him up to fail, and now that he has, they wanna getrid of him. What does that leave him? A black republican in a party, that embarrassed you, and now doesn't want you, surprised?

Reasons why they won't get the hip hop vote or any vote from anyone who isn't already Republican

The move to even select Mr Steele was indeed a failure in itself. The Republican party just doesn't get it. They selected Palin to prey on the thoughts ofwomen who were angry over Clinton's defeat. Now this? I mean c'mon. Everything they do now seems to be directed towards trying to find their minoritycandidate. From trying to set up Jindal for the future or attempting to use Steele as the face of the party. These actions make them look fake and it caneasily be seen. They remind me of the kid in class who copped the fake Js after the cool kid got the real ones.

Back to Steele...

Steele's condescending tones will leave leave him just where he is right now with absolutelty no pull in the black community (see Clarence Thomas). While Ido agree that most blacks are fiscally and socially conservative, the republican party is stained from the Reagan years on. Steele is viewed as nothing morethan an uncle tom.

Back
Top Bottom