GOP Debates 2011 Vol. Who knew these dudes would be good at stand up comedy.

Discuss, or not lol. Just curious about everyone's opinion.

Side note: Is my mind tricking me or did anyone else notice in the beginning when each person was first speaking they did a "STATS" window, except for the black dude. (I'm calling him that for a reason)

Originally Posted by HankMoody

"Rep. GOP" is redundant.

I know, I only had GOP first, but I wanted to make it extra clear for individual that didn't know. Should I change it back?

Spoiler [+]

chart3.png

For my money, just based off of last night, I like Huntsman and Santorum the most. Even Newt made a lot of sense last night.

But I already know that Rick Perry will win the election next year. He is Bush III, and Republicans can't get enough of Reagan and Bush. Last night Perry was asked directly why black people have 20x less income than whites, and he completely changed the topic. But I agree with his social security stance.

Maybe this can be an ongoing thread for all the debates, or a GOP thread.

Well all I want to comment on about last nights debate:

1. I can't believe I am saying this, but I agree with Perry's decision on HPV vaccinations. But, then his comments on global warming...
sick.gif
mad.gif

2. I'm glad Huntsman made that comment about the GOP cands. not supporting science.

3. Funny how Bachmann almost said "human cloning" when they asked her about drilling, and after their discussion of global warming. LOL As soon as she heard the word science she was like herp derp... cloning?
laugh.gif

4. How you gonna clap for like 240 people being executed? Whether or not you support the death penalty.
sick.gif

I'm all for HPV vaccinations, but he did it the wrong way. The clapping for executions was disgusting, but not shocking. Those people are scum.

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

I'm all for HPV vaccinations, but he did it the wrong way. The clapping for executions was disgusting, but not shocking. Those people are scum.

Well ya I kinda understand that, but still the average person has no idea what HPV is and the majority of individuals don't know how it could even possibly be correlated to cervical cancer. So, I like making it mandatory with being able to opt-out. Honestly if I was my decision you couldn't opt-out. *shrugs*

For my money, just based off of last night, I like Huntsman and Santorum the most. Even Newt made a lot of sense last night.

But I already know that Rick Perry will win the election next year. He is Bush III, and Republicans can't get enough of Reagan and Bush. Last night Perry was asked directly why black people have 20x less income than whites, and he completely changed the topic. But I agree with his social security stance.

Perry will be a long shot.  The only candidate who has carried the lead from the primaries to the general election is Obama.  Everyone else in history has faded long before they won their party's nomination.  Just think of how far ahead Gulliani was ahead of every other Republican in 2007-8 and then what happened to him.

HPV awareness needs to be spread, cervical cancer is a big deal. At this point, vaccinations need to be the norm.

I hope you're right crc, Perry scares the crap out of me. He will lead this country straight into the ground.

I'm not too familiar with any of the candidates yet other than Romney & Paul, but from what I know I have liked many of Herman Cain's views on creating jobs.  He has actually been in the corporate environment and talked with President Clinton about many of these very issues.  Heck... Being the former head of Godfather's Pizza, he could easily take away the college vote from Obama with a couple well placed promotions.
laugh.gif

HPV awareness needs to be spread, cervical cancer is a big deal. At this point, vaccinations need to be the norm.

I hope you're right crc, Perry scares the crap out of me. He will lead this country straight into the ground.
Yes, they definitely do. And, yes to everything else you said. Especially about Perry, freaking crazy crockpot.

Originally Posted by crcballer55

Perry will be a long shot.  The only candidate who has carried the lead from the primaries to the general election is Obama.  Everyone else in history has faded long before they won their party's nomination.  Just think of how far ahead Gulliani was ahead of every other Republican in 2007-8 and then what happened to him.
But Rudy was dumb enough to think he can enter the race whenever he wanted and just take the lead.. Starts in Florida gets 1% of the vote
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

As for Perry I think he takes it.. The only reasonable person is Huntsman and he has NO CHANCE..  Santorum, Gingrich, Bachman, Newt & Herman Cain are all joke candidates.. Bachman is the only one who even has a chance of getting out of the primary a winner and even her campaign manager said she is the 3rd Place Candidate...

Now you have Romney & Perry... Perry is much more solid at messaging.. And has support from the Right & Far Right... If he can maintain the relative support of both he wins easily. Because Mitt will never truly win over the Tea Party and when this race gets really contentious Mitt will get beat like a prostitute for his NorthEast Republican Liberalism and now trying to run as a Hard Right Conservative.. Perry was a Rightest Democrat who switched to Republican but his switch is much less severe and much less known..

Which is sad that Perry is a front runner because a Texas Politician once called Perry a "Unintelligent George Bush"

It's sad that the most reasonable candidate has so little hope in this race right now. Says something about the voters in this country.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

as usual, ron paul gets ZERO support. 

........and rightfully so.  He pretty much wants to end just about all government regulation we have in this country.  That includes Wall Street, airlines, food and drug, any and all government regulation. 

4. How you gonna clap for like 240 people being executed? Whether or not you support the death penalty.
sick.gif

That's pretty much what the far right Republican party is all about champ, sad but true.

It's sad that the most reasonable candidate has so little hope in this race right now. Says something about the voters in this country.

if you mean jon huntsman, then yes.
Paul is severely overhyped by a bunch of unrealistic college kids. 

Some of his policies are incredible...while others are 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by sillyputty

sick.gif
This. 

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Originally Posted by sillyputty

sick.gif
This. 

You people have obviously never seen the man speak in person.

Back
Top Bottom