got a 3gs and have some questions

i had my 3gs for a while and been hearing alot about "jailbreaking". can someone give me some pros and cons and a direction to go if i decide to doit?also this hinges on if i really can get bbm on the iphone for real

I also have a 3gs but my opinion is to NOT jailbreak it. Yes it's good with all the things you could do to it. But iv'e talked to people with alot ofproblems after having it jailbroken. If i was you i would stick with the original thing.

My opinion though.

i jailbroke my 3GS and never had any problems. if you do experience any just restore the phone and it'll be good. and to those who will say don't do itbecause it'll void the warranty, you can just restore it and apple wont know.

Originally Posted by harlemjordan23

its labrev, wats the best way to jailbreak and is there and iphone/bbm program?

go on modmyi.com
go to downloads, get blackrain. takes one button click and 10 seconds

pros:
more customizable change anything being from font to the colors of your text box to the boot image to whatever you can imagine
ANY app from the app store for free using installous, as well as thousands of other free and better apps from cydia etc
have way more random stuff. Ive been having games and video recording since the original iphone came out without even an app store

Cons:
once in a while freezes or slows down, to fix just power off and on the phone
if you ever need to use your warranty in the apple store, you will have to backup and restore your phone or else they will not help you

IMO DO IT, you will not regret it. I have had all 3 iphones and have done it to each

Pros: you can get everything for free, and even get a lot of features and apps that aren't available in the app store.

Cons: your phone can and will freeze a lot, u can loose your warranty.

Originally Posted by Sneakerhead14

How can I go about getting the Iphone from ATT without paying that montly data plan?
buy the iphone through att with the monthly plan.
wait one month then call in
say you broke your phone so you put your sim in a different phone and since you dont have an iphone, you want them to cancel the plan
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Sputnik

How can I go about getting the Iphone from ATT without paying that montly data plan?
say you broke your phone so you put your sim in a different phone and since you dont have an iphone, you want them to cancel the plan
wink.gif

but how would you be able to browse the web with your iPhone?

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

wink.gif

wifi

Originally Posted by I D0NT PASS

wink.gif

wifi
ive been reading about this, i wouldnt try that at all, they can track your phone model by emei number branded to the phone, even if u log onlineto your account it will show you what phone you have been using. and att has the right to add the 30 monthly without notice, its in the fine print in theircontract somewhere. so either way your gonna pay the 30 no way around it and you cannot change your emei number. sorry man add some extra hours or somethin

Originally Posted by 360waves

Originally Posted by I D0NT PASS

wink.gif

wifi
ive been reading about this, i wouldnt try that at all, they can track your phone model by emei number branded to the phone, even if u log online to your account it will show you what phone you have been using. and att has the right to add the 30 monthly without notice, its in the fine print in their contract somewhere. so either way your gonna pay the 30 no way around it and you cannot change your emei number. sorry man add some extra hours or somethin

Damn, appreciate the help though fellas.

Originally Posted by harlemjordan23

so i just jailbroke it how do i change the swipe function and all that is there a how to to it

do you have to be connected to your computer to reboot your iphone?

Back
Top Bottom