Got a citation for front window tints in Bay Area..

Hey guys, don't come here often that often anymore but I figured this would be the best place for an immediate response; google wasn't giving me much..
Got pulled over this evening for my front tints in daly city/san francisco area. I think they're 35%, either way I don't think California allows any front tints. I got a citation. not a fix-it, probably because my car has gotten a fix-it once before, but got wrote off (my brother was a previous owner and had a cop friend).

I guess my main question is, how much would my ticket/bail be? I read somewhere between $100-500. I plan to just go to traffic school, paying for traffic school, paying for bail, and getting the point off my record, based off the information on the back of the citation.

And also.. will my insurance increase?

if you got pulled over just for tints, it's not a moving violation. unless some new crazy %@* law went into effect recently, that hasn't changed.

as of a year or so ago, it was a $15 fix it ticket. and a ~140 fine if i didn't want to fix it.

is it marked on the citation that it's correctable?

Originally Posted by jae oh en

if you got pulled over just for tints, it's not a moving violation. unless some new crazy %@* law went into effect recently, that hasn't changed.

as of a year or so ago, it was a $15 fix it ticket. and a ~140 fine if i didn't want to fix it.

is it marked on the citation that it's correctable?

unfortunately, it is marked as uncorrectable. what happens next? lol

Well thanks for the heads up. I got a ticket for mine like 2-3 years ago and paid the full fine without ripping the tints off. Now I know I'll probably get an uncorrectable ticket next. I'm not on your level yet, sorry I couldnt help, but you sure helped me! Thanks!
laugh.gif
BTW, only dik head cops give those kind of tickets..smh

Originally Posted by Daver

Well thanks for the heads up. I got a ticket for mine like 2-3 years ago and paid the full fine without ripping the tints off. Now I know I'll probably get an uncorrectable ticket next. I'm not on your level yet, sorry I couldnt help, but you sure helped me! Thanks!
laugh.gif
Thanks for the info. How much was your ticket? And what was your process? Court? Traffic school?

i thought the law in california was that you had to have at least 70% visible on the front windows?. i was thinking about tinting my front windows on my lexus ES350 because the back ones are already tinted, but if i'm going to become a target, then it might not be worth it.

The law is no tint in ca on fronts. Simple as that.

Pay fine and hope u don't get pulled again or pay again.

With the state budget deficit I'm not surprised they will enforce it even more. I've currently have 35% praying everyday I don't get pulled over just for that. Unless you have a doctor's note you have to deal with not getting caught.

Originally Posted by lookfrancisison

Originally Posted by Daver

laugh.gif
Thanks for the info. How much was your ticket? And what was your process? Court? Traffic school?

The full fine was $112. They sent the notice in the mail and I went into traffic court and paid for it in person. That's all. My fronts are tinted 35% too. California law does state that at least 70% of sunlight has to go through the window. So with tints at 35% makes only 65% of sunlight through your window, which is obviously illegal. I wouldn't doubt if they changed that law tho..

i would call the courts about the tint ticket being non correctable.

i've gotten a good amount of tint tickets out here with the same car, one as recent as last year, and every single one has been correctable.

Back
Top Bottom