Got a DUI last night UPDATE: pg 3 - charges dropped

So I was pulled over for a DUI last night. Pulled over around 3am, 5 minutes from my house. I was on the way home from a club, driving my friends car (thealignment or something is off-- becuase the car basically swerves very easily any time you touch the wheel). Anyway, I was given a handful of field sobrietytests-- which I think I did well in. I was given the option of a breath test or a blood test. I chose the blood test, hoping to buy some time. Took the bloodtest and then was thrown in the drunk tank for about 9 hours. Terrible
smh.gif
. Anyway, I am hoping I was not over the legal limit-- I should get my blood work results back in about 2-3 weeks. I had maybe 6 1oz. shotsbetween 9-10pm, and had a 1.5 oz shot around 11or 11:30pm. I didn't take the blood test until 4am. I tried messing with a few blood alcohol calculatorsonline, some say I'm under the limit, and some say I'm over the limit. So I'm pretty much borderline under or over. I'll keep my fingerscrossed-- wish me luck!

Let that be a lesson.

You had 7 drinks and were still driving about 3 hours later. You'd be really lucky to get off with that - although I'm not sure you should.

Sorry. There's just no excuse.

^ 6 of the drinks were 5 hours before I was driving.

According to many bood alcohol calculators-- that IS under the legal limit.

basically take the # of shots and equate that to hours...you had about 7 hours before you get back under the limit and you took the test at 6 hours...its goingto be close depending on how fast your body processes alcohol and your size...good luck

o and prepare for all the people wishing death on you for driving drunk...hope you learned your lesson the cops aren't playing with it even if you knowyou're good to drive sit in the back seat and jam out to some music or pass out for a couple hours if it comes down to it...I did that last night

lurkin2long. Talking to a few people that have had DUI's out here, I'm probably looking at some community service and 6 AA meetings, plus court feesand fees for the AA classes (around $2000).

Originally Posted by jamminbyalias

lurkin2long. Talking to a few people that have had DUI's out here, I'm probably looking at some community service and 6 AA meetings, plus court fees and fees for the AA classes (around $2000).

indifferent.gif

I'm tired of hearing of dudes driving drunk and geting off with hardly any consequences. Throw them in the can for a week or two.

You got folks gettin 90 days for driving on a suspended then stuff like this gets swept under the rug.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by jerseymizzle

Originally Posted by VaGixxer

lurkin2long. Talking to a few people that have had DUI's out here, I'm probably looking at some community service and 6 AA meetings, plus court fees and fees for the AA classes (around $2000).

indifferent.gif

I'm tired of hearing of dudes driving drunk and geting off with hardly any consequences. Throw them in the can for a week or two.

You got folks gettin 90 days for driving on a suspended then stuff like this gets swept under the rug.
tired.gif
first offense right
grin.gif

anyway you made a mistake, happens. learn from it.
I'm not talking about myself. I'm speaking in general.

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

damn you from CA?

i heard thats a BAD state to get a DUI in.

I have had 2 DUI in California. Its not bad for the first one if you got money. You lose you liscence for 90 days and pay roughly $1700. and have to do a 3 or6 month DUI scholl depending on your BAC. For your second DUI though. You pay around $2500 in fines. lose your liscence for 2 years and have 15 days in jail,4 which are manditory in custody. BAsically 2 weekend shifts. And you do the remeinder of you 15 days doing Sheriffs work release. Oh yeah and 1.5 years DUIschool 52 weeks in a row then once a month for the last 6 months

BAsically dont get another one

Were you up in the city? I was up there last night and there were definitely a couple drunk drivers out there. Saw one car sitting at a stop sign for a good 5minutes then went in the middle of the lane for another couple minutes, drove off and a minute later we here tires screeching
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MiYaBaLlEr24

No, you're looking at waaay more than that, especially here in california.

Care to elaborate?
your insurance is going to skyrocket...and not having a license for a while

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

Why didn't your friend drive his car?

I was the most sober out of everyone. I seriously did not feel the effects of the alcohol when I was driving-- I'm still convince I was under the limit.

Originally Posted by BirdsIView

Were you up in the city? I was up there last night and there were definitely a couple drunk drivers out there. Saw one car sitting at a stop sign for a good 5 minutes then went in the middle of the lane for another couple minutes, drove off and a minute later we here tires screeching
laugh.gif
No, I was coming from San Jose and got pulled over in Pleasanton.

i got a DUI in CT, walked out with barely a slap on the wrist

half a half o. open container.and beer breath.

no xcuses for me. dumbest %%## i ever done

u live and you learn

First offense is 2 days In jail, 2000-3000.00 fine,AA classes,3 yrs probation,license suspended for 90 days.. my boy just got one.

Originally Posted by stoneyjax

damn got caught ridin like Sir Charles
Yet anyone who tells NT they got a DUI or something gets
smh.gif
or youdumb %**.

Chuck gets a DUI and it's
pimp.gif
all around

Back
Top Bottom