Got a little scurred tonight

That is scary.
That is something to think about. I was looking at cars on craigslist, but never found something that i liked.
Good that you are safe OP.

Not calling ducktales or anything, but what do you think the dudes were planning to do? Carjack you? Or what? Sorry if that seems like a dumb question I just don't get what was going on here, since you knew where the dude lived and all. Did they think you had cash?

them reasoning skills good call op
pimp.gif

Glad you're okay OP...
Dude's were trying to pull one over you or your mom fam'! 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Not calling ducktales or anything, but what do you think the dudes were planning to do? Carjack you? Or what? Sorry if that seems like a dumb question I just don't get what was going on here, since you knew where the dude lived and all. Did they think you had cash?

My mom had told them we were serious buyers with "cash ready". 
I'm assuming they were trying to steal the money that we had for the car.

Originally Posted by JaeEvolution

Show up 10 deep tomorrow, grab an averaged size rock and launch it into his front window, when the door opens yell out "WHAT'S POPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPIN!!!!" and proceed to rush his residence.

Nah but seriously, the whole thing was shady and most people are truthful but some are scumbags and I would've never went if dude said come by at night, not enough witnesses had anything popped off...

eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
.. cant believe i just read that.. soo funny. but yes Op sounds like they tried to set you up.. glad you and your fam are okay.

Originally Posted by JaeEvolution

Show up 10 deep tomorrow, grab an averaged size rock and launch it into his front window, when the door opens yell out "WHAT'S POPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPIN!!!!" and proceed to rush his residence.

Nah but seriously, the whole thing was shady and most people are truthful but some are scumbags and I would've never went if dude said come by at night, not enough witnesses had anything popped off...
op, make sure you pronounce all the p's at the end for emphasis. 

first mistake was checking out a 2nd gen TL. as you know, the transmission is a big problem with hondas of that generation (v6 models) and the tl-s is not excluded. i have a 00 TL and have had the trans rebuilt so i'm not just repeating what i read on the internet.

glad to hear you're safe though but how do you know that the dudes walking towards you weren't just random people?

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

first mistake was checking out a 2nd gen TL. as you know, the transmission is a big problem with hondas of that generation (v6 models) and the tl-s is not excluded. i have a 00 TL and have had the trans rebuilt so i'm not just repeating what i read on the internet.

glad to hear you're safe though but how do you know that the dudes walking towards you weren't just random people?

Haha, my mom likes those generation TL's. I didn't do any research on them. Well the scene was sketchy. Who wears all black at night? Who wears a hoody in eighty degree weather? Why would the guy be crossing the street coming straight towards us? Why would the guy want to meet us at that time of night? Why did he deny to meet me at a gas station?

"boxing the air?"

am i the only one painting visuals and snickering a bit...?

laugh.gif

glad yall ok though op.

good job OP, i'm happy this is a situation that was averted due to your vigilance instead of this being a post about how you and your dad got stuck up at the park
laugh.gif

I got hit up for something like this on craiglist. Got me for 7 bills. In my desperation for a car, I was blinded by all the shady signs right in front of my face.
Let me add, this was not no goons "give me your money" type joint. Dude was a professional con-man and I handed the money over to him. I had a huge bowl of stupidity that morning. 
laugh.gif

Hindsight is 20/20 though.

Glad you and your fam are safe OP.

Originally Posted by novaflight

I got hit up for something like this on craiglist. Got me for 7 bills. In my desperation for a car, I was blinded by all the shady signs right in front of my face.
Let me add, this was not no goons "give me your money" type joint. Dude was a professional con-man and I handed the money over to him. I had a huge bowl of stupidity that morning. 
laugh.gif

Hindsight is 20/20 though.

Glad you and your fam are safe OP.
What happened?

So were they going to take you to a bank and make you withdraw the money? Have you write them a personal check? Or did they just assume you had the cash on you or at your crib? And most importantly did you ACTUALLY bring cash with you?

That was an intense story. I felt I was reading a novel. lol.

Glad you were able to put 2 and 2 together and get out of there.

Back
Top Bottom