Got a little scurred tonight

Background:

My mom has been looking for a car for a while. Earlier today, we found a clean 2003 Acura TL S-Type for a really good price. My mom spoke to the seller a little bit and he told her that he would show the car after work. He said he would show it around nine at night.

We get a call around nine and he gives us his address. On our way there, he keeps calling and asking what type of car we are driving. He then asks us to meet him the park near his house. I deny since I see the park is pitch-black. The houses are decent looking, but the street is almost empty. I call him and he tells me to wait till he goes outside. A few minutes pass by and no one comes out. At this point, my father and I are waiting on the sidewalk. 

From the corner of my eye I see two men dressed in black walking briskly towards our car. They are wearing all black with hooded sweatshirts. At this point I'm telling my dad "Get in the car!" He didn't see the men, so he is slowly walking to the car. I'm the last one to get into the car and see that one of the men is walking in the middle of the street "boxing" with the air. We leave. 

Right as we are hitting the corner, the seller calls me and tells me to walk to his front door. We turn around to see where the men went and they aren't seen. I call the seller and tell him to open the garage. He says, ok. He then calls me again, telling me to walk to the front door [tells me a BS story about his wife not wanting to open up the garage door]. I tell him to meet me at the local gas station, he denies and tells me that its too late.

Lesson learned:

When going to look at a car at night, always meet up in a public place.

Cliff Notes:

Go look at car.

Everything seems shady.

Guys dressed in black walk towards us.

We leave [scared].

Sorry if my grammar is bad or something [kinda wrote this in a rush].

yall was bout to get murdered, any link to the info/ad? let some NT'ers do some detective work or at least see if the dude gives off a sketchy vibe via text or email or something

Wow. Some people are just evil
30t6p3b.gif
. He had no reason to try to set you up like that.

Glad you and your dad are ok op... Something like that happend to me last year. Was going to check out a malibu and dude said meet him late after work blah blah blah. I get to the ihop we were gonna meet at and dude calls me and says to meet him down the street at the park with some bs reason. Me and my boy cruise by the park and 4 dudes are chillin at a table in hoodys and #*@+. Called him as we drove by, told him to eat a d and bounced.

The ad ended up being deleted.

I think they planned it since they spoke to a woman over the phone.

Originally Posted by CoolGrayMemo

Originally Posted by beh235

OR, you can use common sense and ask to see the car during the day.

It was a pretty good deal and my mom wanted to make sure she bought it.
Meeting at night like that always sounds kind of sketchy. If they are serious, they will make time.

Show up 10 deep tomorrow, grab an averaged size rock and launch it into his front window, when the door opens yell out "WHAT'S POPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPIN!!!!" and proceed to rush his residence.

Nah but seriously, the whole thing was shady and most people are truthful but some are scumbags and I would've never went if dude said come by at night, not enough witnesses had anything popped off...

I mean, even if they were legit, why would you look at the car at night? How far were you when you saw those guys walking towards you?

Originally Posted by MyJaysGetRocked

I mean, even if they were legit, why would you look at the car at night? How far were you when you saw those guys walking towards you?

Well they were pretty far away when I first spotted them (~70-90 feet). When they started getting closer and walking towards the middle of the street they were about 25-35 feet away.

Originally Posted by JaeEvolution

Show up 10 deep tomorrow, grab an averaged size rock and launch it into his front window, when the door opens yell out "WHAT'S POPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPIN!!!!" and proceed to rush his residence.

Nah but seriously, the whole thing was shady and most people are truthful but some are scumbags and I would've never went if dude said come by at night, not enough witnesses had anything popped off...
lol wut
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 2g00d4u

Never deal at night again.

.. just dont.

This.  That's low as hell... preying on a woman like that.  Glad you and your fam are ok.

Lol @ "What's poppin!?"... reminds me of that one scene from Killa Season.  You should go back with a handful of your people and trash their residence. 

Back
Top Bottom