Got an interview at NIKE next week!! Any tips from current employees??

I just got the call from Nike after applying for years. I have a group interview next week.

I am so stoked because I have seriously been wanting to work for Nike since I was 8 years old. I feel like I would be fulfilling a personal dream of mine even if its just a spot at a factory store.

Do any current employees have any tips for me?

Obviously I'm supposed to wear no competitor clothing and that's daily anyway but what else should I keep in mind?

Thanks!

I just got the call from Nike after applying for years. I have a group interview next week.

I am so stoked because I have seriously been wanting to work for Nike since I was 8 years old. I feel like I would be fulfilling a personal dream of mine even if its just a spot at a factory store.

Obviously I'm supposed to wear no competitor clothing and that's daily anyway but what else should I keep in mind?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by techmen31

Thanks!
group interviews are meant to see how u really speak in front of other people. 
speak up, and youll do fine. 

Originally Posted by techmen31

Thanks!
group interviews are meant to see how u really speak in front of other people. 
speak up, and youll do fine. 

Don't EVER sell a swoosh account or give it to someone you don't know. Trust me. Don't listen to these fools.

It's a fun job, you'll like it.

Don't EVER sell a swoosh account or give it to someone you don't know. Trust me. Don't listen to these fools.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

What happens if you do? I presume they have ways of finding these things out?

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

You'll get fired son.

It's for a retail spot. Athlete I.

Trust me I'm not selling my employee perks to anybody, especially some fools I don't even know.

The ES is right here in town too so I'm gonna be set for all the hot releases this year if I get the spot!

Also I'm outspoken anyway so good look! I'll definitely make sure I stand out.

It's for a retail spot. Athlete I.

Trust me I'm not selling my employee perks to anybody, especially some fools I don't even know.

The ES is right here in town too so I'm gonna be set for all the hot releases this year if I get the spot!

Also I'm outspoken anyway so good look! I'll definitely make sure I stand out.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

You'll get fired son.

Let's say you sell or give a swoosh account to someone you probably don't know or have no history with. If a trend of continuous buying of the same products happens for instance, suspicion occurs and it will fall back on your employee number. You'll get terminated. I've seen this happen with people I knew working for NikeTown. It's not worth selling it - for the employee selling the account or the person buying it.

Believe me. People lose their jobs over this.

Let's say you sell or give a swoosh account to someone you probably don't know or have no history with. If a trend of continuous buying of the same products happens for instance, suspicion occurs and it will fall back on your employee number. You'll get terminated. I've seen this happen with people I knew working for NikeTown. It's not worth selling it - for the employee selling the account or the person buying it.

Believe me. People lose their jobs over this.

Oh I definitely believe it, just trying to understand how exactly they figure out it's not you using the account.

Oh I definitely believe it, just trying to understand how exactly they figure out it's not you using the account.

Hook me up with a job, Techmen. I am in Portland. 
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

Just speak up when appropriate and make yourself known (in a good way). Walk into it confidently. I know how hard it is to even get in one of those group interview spots, so they must have read something they liked in your cover letter and resume in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom