Got hired at bmw, job title is different tho. help? UPDATE. WE GOOD!

I got laid off from an IT position and got a job temporarily as a porter while looking for another IT job.

After 4 months they asked me if I wanted to work in parts. I'm making more money in the parts department than I did at the IT job.

Just keep your eye open for a position.

Wait doesn't a concierge deal with customers?
Don't think so, I think as concierge as a fancy word for janitor. Atleast in this case anyway.

Don't think short term papi. Who generally buys bmws??? Not 328i, 7 series and such.

Get on your network grind. Talk to everyone and see what they got going on. Easiest way to land a job in the world.
That's real, when i was getting in the door there was so much emphasis being put on growth but I just can't see it happening from a porter job. Anyway I'm going to talk with him tomorrow. Wish me luck. I'm update this post tomorrow. I start monday.

Yeah man. Don't be too bummed. You got a job making way more money than your last. Room to grow and potential to hang with some rich dudes who can show you some stuff. Don't overlook that. You're an average of your friends so try and meet a few successful friends who can put you on. Stepping stones.

Beats having Al Bundy's job selling shoes to overweight womans

shoe salesmen womens shoe department can make legit money i know a guy at nordstrom moms friend did it back in the day too

Last edited:
shoe salesmen womens shoe department can make legit money i know a guy at nordstrom moms friend did it back in the day too
That's a good paying job. I know a friend would make like 80k a year at nords. And he said that was about average. Great paying job....plus you get to look at their feet. Living the life brother.

yes its actually a good gig but you put in hours for that too, holidays/weekends also

saks 5th etc

Last edited:
1. Work for 6 months
2. Cop da M3
3. Post on NT
4. ???
5. Profit

That's a good paying job. I know a friend would make like 80k a year at nords. And he said that was about average. Great paying job....plus you get to look at their feet. Living the life brother.

Wtf nice sn to post ratio

My cousin started as a porter for RBM Mercedes-Benz a few years ago and now he's the service manager. There's definitely room for growth, but you gotta put in the work and make it be know that you wanna grown within the company. A porter job really isn't that bad. Lots of down time and you can learn a lot from being in the shop/service area. Unless you're a natural born salesman or huge car buff I don't know why you would wanna work in sales. The pay is great but only if you know what your doing and have a mouthpiece for real.

Four days ago . I'm guessing he didn't get hired
Day 2 went smooth today, I'm in there.

My cousin started as a porter for RBM Mercedes-Benz a few years ago and now he's the service manager. There's definitely room for growth, but you gotta put in the work and make it be know that you wanna grown within the company. A porter job really isn't that bad. Lots of down time and you can learn a lot from being in the shop/service area. Unless you're a natural born salesman or huge car buff I don't know why you would wanna work in sales. The pay is great but only if you know what your doing and have a mouthpiece for real.
Yeah, not going into sales. But there was no switcharoo.
Went in yesterday and before I even mentioned the job title I was told it's not permanent and that I'm only learning it for now. I'm training in a lot of places before I'm put "over" the porters. Thing now is a feel like I'm gonna miss porting when I "move up". [emoji]128517[/emoji] It's a cool job. Really chill

Nah bruh f that noise everyone is talking about. Walk off and find another gig. They clearly bait and switched and figured you would do exactly what youre doing now and taking the position anyway. Thats not what you applied for and you shouldnt settle for that just because its a high profile company.
A classic when keeping it real goes wrong

lots of room for growth, most General Managers of dealerships start off as lot kids or in detail. From there they move to sales, sales manager, general sales manager than one day GM. if you stick in the industry and work hard you'll flourish.

Back
Top Bottom