Got in a car accident. Need some advice

Clifftnotes:

1) I side swiped someone's car (as shown in my poorly made diagram, red is mine, orange is his)
2) It was entirely my fault. My right front and his back left are where the damages are.
3) We exchanged information while waiting for the cops (he called)
4) Cops came too late, he had to leave asap. So he bounced. I did shortly after. Still no cops.
5) I spoke to some ppl and some told me to report the accident putting the fault on him, saying he switched lane in front without looking/ Some told me to act stupid and said there was no police report so no one is really at fault => Let the insurance take care of damages or pay out our own pockets.
6) Or i take the blame

What should i do here?

I hit a porsche too
tired.gif

10shvu9.png

Clifftnotes:

1) I side swiped someone's car (as shown in my poorly made diagram, red is mine, orange is his)
2) It was entirely my fault. My right front and his back left are where the damages are.
3) We exchanged information while waiting for the cops (he called)
4) Cops came too late, he had to leave asap. So he bounced. I did shortly after. Still no cops.
5) I spoke to some ppl and some told me to report the accident putting the fault on him, saying he switched lane in front without looking/ Some told me to act stupid and said there was no police report so no one is really at fault => Let the insurance take care of damages or pay out our own pockets.
6) Or i take the blame

What should i do here?

I hit a porsche too
tired.gif

10shvu9.png

Whatever info you exchanged, change it asap. Lol but if you want to do the right thing just wait for him to contact you and work things out.

Whatever info you exchanged, change it asap. Lol but if you want to do the right thing just wait for him to contact you and work things out.

no way of him proving it's your fault due to no cop report, that is unless there were witnesses. I'm pretty sure you can get away with it, its a you said he said situation.

no way of him proving it's your fault due to no cop report, that is unless there were witnesses. I'm pretty sure you can get away with it, its a you said he said situation.

Originally Posted by Victor07

Thanks. This is what most ppl told me. My words against his. Really no proof of anything. Plus i dont feel so bad cuz dude seems like a wealthy guy. Still I feel pretty
tired.gif
 about this.

Originally Posted by Victor07

Thanks. This is what most ppl told me. My words against his. Really no proof of anything. Plus i dont feel so bad cuz dude seems like a wealthy guy. Still I feel pretty
tired.gif
 about this.

lie lie lie

your word against his

both of your insurances might go up anyway though, depending on state law

lie lie lie

your word against his

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

lie lie lie

your word against his

One of my friends told me they got devices which can prove who hit who, at what speed/angle and all that. But then again would they go through that extent to prove such a minor case?

Originally Posted by NiPxD

I hit a porsche too
tired.gif

then draw a porsche, your drawing makes it look like you hit a lambo, and that you were driving a Ferrari 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
grin.gif

just let insurance handle it until they start asking questions, its up to you if you want to try and make it out to be his fault
tired.gif
because i dont think this is a no-fault scenario

more details on the accident plz

I hit a porsche too
tired.gif

then draw a porsche, your drawing makes it look like you hit a lambo, and that you were driving a Ferrari 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
grin.gif

just let insurance handle it until they start asking questions, its up to you if you want to try and make it out to be his fault
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

lie lie lie

your word against his

One of my friends told me they got devices which can prove who hit who, at what speed/angle and all that. But then again would they go through that extent to prove such a minor case?

You already exchanged info so might as well take the blame. There was no police report so you could say you didn't do it and will probably be up to his insurance company to try and prove by matching the paint off your car.

You already exchanged info so might as well take the blame. There was no police report so you could say you didn't do it and will probably be up to his insurance company to try and prove by matching the paint off your car.

If its your word against his, it'll be a 50-50 claim. Either way you're kind of !!%!+$. It's best to get witnesses which should help prove that you're at least 51% innocent, that way you won't take liability. When making your statement to the adjuster, get your story straight because they'll pick up on faulty details. But if you say one thing and the other guy says another and there are no witnesses to back up your stories, it'll go 50-50 and because his Porsche will cost a lot to fix, you'll end by paying more (depends on your insurance of course).

If its your word against his, it'll be a 50-50 claim. Either way you're kind of !!%!+$. It's best to get witnesses which should help prove that you're at least 51% innocent, that way you won't take liability. When making your statement to the adjuster, get your story straight because they'll pick up on faulty details. But if you say one thing and the other guy says another and there are no witnesses to back up your stories, it'll go 50-50 and because his Porsche will cost a lot to fix, you'll end by paying more (depends on your insurance of course).

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

I hit a porsche too
tired.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
grin.gif

tired.gif

What other details would you like to know bro? BTW i got the cars on google. Just cup and pasted in paint. Excuse the mess.

What up: thanks man. There were no witnesses tho.

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

I hit a porsche too
tired.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
grin.gif

tired.gif

What other details would you like to know bro? BTW i got the cars on google. Just cup and pasted in paint. Excuse the mess.

What up: thanks man. There were no witnesses tho.

If there isn't a police report at the scene then there is no proof of liability.
basically his words versus yours..

Back
Top Bottom