Got pulled over last night for not having illuminating lights on my plates Vol. Stoneface

So last night I was at this house party and the cops come because of a noise complaint. Everyone there was over 21 so it wasn't a big deal and they left. I was the DD for the night which is never a fun thing, but I refuse to drive with people that have been drinking. So me and my friends are leaving the party at around 2:30am and I see a cop as I start my car. I slowly pull out and immediately he flashes his lights to pull me over. Says hes pulling me over for "not having illuminating lights on my license plate." Asks me if I have been drinking and I reply that I am the DD for my friends. He asks me to stick out my tongue (I guess to detect if I had been drinking) and then goes back and runs all my info. I was polite the whole time and even asked him for directions when he let me go. About 20 mins later I get 2 different calls from other friends that got pulled over for the same exact reason. I know the copper was doing his job and just making sure nobody was driving drunk but this is just 
indifferent.gif
. Anyone been pulled over for this violation before? 

Originally Posted by trak1sh

So last night I was at this house party and the cops come because of a noise complaint. Everyone there was over 21 so it wasn't a big deal and they left. I was the DD for the night which is never a fun thing, but I refuse to drive with people that have been drinking. So me and my friends are leaving the party at around 2:30am and I see a cop as I start my car. I slowly pull out and immediately he flashes his lights to pull me over. Says hes pulling me over for "not having illuminating lights on my license plate." Asks me if I have been drinking and I reply that I am the DD for my friends. He asks me to stick out my tongue (I guess to detect if I had been drinking) and then goes back and runs all my info. I was polite the whole time and even asked him for directions when he let me go. About 20 mins later I get 2 different calls from other friends that got pulled over for the same exact reason. I know the copper was doing his job and just making sure nobody was driving drunk but this is just 
indifferent.gif

its just a fix it ticket, why you mad?

indifferent.gif
Last week and i happened to be high as well all he said was have  a good night no ticket warning  or nothing 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by kiendienn

indifferent.gif

I didn't get a ticket, why you don't read?

indifferent.gif
you should read some cop forums. 
even with a stock car off the dealership lot...a cop can find a reason to pull you over

like you said...they were doing their job

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

indifferent.gif
even with a stock car off the dealership lot...a cop can find a reason to pull you over

I got pulled over once for "not maintaining the vehicle"
indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif

indifferent.gif

hey dirty!

OP i've been pulled for it before, at night your license plate has to be fully illuminated.

indifferent.gif

then why are you *****ing about it?

Yooo this same thing happened to me last night. I was at this house party and the cops come because of a noise complaint. Everyone there was over 21 so it wasn't a big deal and they left. I was the DD for the night which is never a fun thing, but I refuse to drive with people that have been drinking. So me and my friends are leaving the party at around 2:30am and I see a cop as I start my car. I slowly pull out and immediately he flashes his lights to pull me over. Says hes pulling me over for "not having illuminating lights on my license plate." Asks me if I have been drinking and I reply that I am the DD for my friends. He asks me to stick out my tongue (I guess to detect if I had been drinking) and then goes back and runs all my info. I was polite the whole time and even asked him for directions when he let me go. About 20 mins later I get 2 different calls from other friends that got pulled over for the same exact reason. I know the copper was doing his job and just making sure nobody was driving drunk but this is just
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Demps

then why are you *****ing about it?

laugh.gif

i couldnt help but laugh out loud.

Spoiler [+]
i agree with demps tho.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Boi

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif

LOL car must of been mad dirty.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by Boi

indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif

LOL car must of been mad dirty.
!+@* that cop bruh... such BS. the pig was Hispanic so i thought he would be somewhat chill.. turns out he was the most d bag cop i've ever spoken too. My boy had tree on him that day and he admitted to having it in his pants, after the cop said he KNEW he had tree on him.. also BS.
Car's not a "dirty" one... gray camry all stock 

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

Yooo this same thing happened to me last night. I was at this house party and the cops come because of a noise complaint. Everyone there was over 21 so it wasn't a big deal and they left. I was the DD for the night which is never a fun thing, but I refuse to drive with people that have been drinking. So me and my friends are leaving the party at around 2:30am and I see a cop as I start my car. I slowly pull out and immediately he flashes his lights to pull me over. Says hes pulling me over for "not having illuminating lights on my license plate." Asks me if I have been drinking and I reply that I am the DD for my friends. He asks me to stick out my tongue (I guess to detect if I had been drinking) and then goes back and runs all my info. I was polite the whole time and even asked him for directions when he let me go. About 20 mins later I get 2 different calls from other friends that got pulled over for the same exact reason. I know the copper was doing his job and just making sure nobody was driving drunk but this is just
indifferent.gif
Small world but...

Spoiler [+]
This same thing happened to me yesterday. I was at this house party and the cops come because of a noise complaint. Everyone there was at least 21 so it wasn't a big deal and they left. I was the driver for the night which is never a fun thing, but I refuse to drive with people that have been drinking. So my friends and I are leaving the party at around 2:40am and I see a cop as I start my car. I slowly pull out and immediately he flashes his lights to pull me over. Says hes pulling me over for "not having illuminating lights for my license plate." Asks me if I have been drinking and I reply that I am the driver for tonight. He asks me to stick out my tongue (I guess to detect if I had been drinking) and then goes back and runs all my info. I was polite the whole time and even asked him for directions when he let me go. About 25 mins later I get 3 different calls from other friends that got pulled over for the same exact reason. I know the cop was doing his job and just making sure nobody was driving drunk but this is just
eyes.gif

Its called a Terry Stop. All the officer needs is a reasonalbe articulable suspicion of involvement in criminal activity, ie: license plate light being out. Its a VERY low standard thus, one could be pulled over for virtually anything. Following to close, failure to turn signal, swerving, and so on...

cop was about to give me a ticket for the AIR FRESHNER hanging from my rearview
images

Said its an obstruction of view...
told him I never heard of that b4 & he said "1st time for everything" never got a ticket cuz my moms works for the NYPD (not a cop though)
i HATE NYPD w/a passion

People find every reason to complain about a cop. cool tho when they dont pull over the drunk driver that takes your life. dont complain.

Originally Posted by Stixx

cop was about to give me a ticket for the AIR FRESHNER hanging from my rearview
images

Said its an obstruction of view...
told him I never heard of that b4 & he said "1st time for everything" never got a ticket cuz my moms works for the NYPD (not a cop though)
i HATE NYPD w/a passion

thats nothing i got pulled over & my car was searched for over an hour(i saw the damn sunset)............ glove-box,armrest,sunglasses holder overhead,every crevase in the backseat,the trunk & finally i was issued a warning because my air freshners were blocking my view of the mirror....
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by RyanNYC

People find every reason to complain about a cop. cool tho when they dont pull over the drunk driver that takes your life. dont complain.

nah bruh dont even try to compare it unless youve been harassed & your time has been #$%^&* around by a @!@$+%* cop with nothing to do

Originally Posted by CJDynasty

Its called a Terry Stop. All the officer needs is a reasonalbe articulable suspicion of involvement in criminal activity, ie: license plate light being out. Its a VERY low standard thus, one could be pulled over for virtually anything. Following to close, failure to turn signal, swerving, and so on...

having a license plate light out isn't criminal activity, it's a traffic infraction, that's why he got pulled over. terry stops are traditionally made on foot.

i've been pulled over for the plate light a few times before, OP. it's the law, simple as that. if they wanna get you for it they can. in your case it sounds like the cop was stopping everyone to avoid a heard of drunk drivers that night, you're over reacting.

i'd be pretty mad if i ever got pulled over for that.

what's the point of being the DD if you refuse to drive with drunk people in your car tho?

Originally Posted by RyanNYC

This. Would you rather he didn't stop the cars leaving the party and one of them was a drunk driver that crashed a car and killed a family of four? If he sees a bunch of drunk people leaving a party and getting into a car, he shouldn't just assume that there is a DD. He was trying to make sure that it was safe to have your car on the road and he did that; he didn't give you a ticket so what are you complaining about? 

Back
Top Bottom